Results Today Show Why Seahawks Will Be in the Mix

sondevil89

Reaction score
It's a tired cliche but it's true, the NFL is a QB-driven league. Look who's left, arguably the best four QB's in the league, Brady, Rogers, Ryan, and Roethlisberger.

With a serviceable O-Line RW is right there. There are about 24 teams in the NFL that have very little chance of making it to the SB.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Wilson would shred defenses with Ryan's supporting cast. Hell he would shred defenses with all those teams supporting cast. All of them have good to great OLs. The only QB in the league better than Wilson is Rodgers.

I say **** it. Break up the formula and just build around Wilson.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
sondevil89":2wf0dy7g said:
It's a tired cliche but it's true, the NFL is a QB-driven league. Look who's left, arguably the best four QB's in the league, Brady, Rogers, Ryan, and Roethlisberger.

With a serviceable O-Line RW is right there. There are about 24 teams in the NFL that have very little chance of making it to the SB.

Those teams probably have the best coaching in the league as well.

Josea16

Reaction score
Steve2222":2z1q2m09 said:
Wilson would shred defenses with Ryan's supporting cast. Hell he would shred defenses with all those teams supporting cast. All of them have good to great OLs. The only QB in the league better than Wilson is Rodgers.

Gee, finally somebody has a clue. You're correct the NFL is all about the quarterback. We have one that is at least borderline elite, so stop the madness and build the team around him and not some mythical Marshawn Lynch we DO NOT HAVE.

We do have a generational quarterback we do not a generational running back. Get with the program Pete or get out.

onepicknick

Reaction score
You know the only things that bothers me with Russ is most let me empathize on the most Times he needs a guy wide open several times he throws in to double coverage if you watch Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, if their receivers have a step on a crossing route he's open, I hoping that is Maturity though because if it is watch out.

Josea16

Reaction score
onepicknick":12vv5pup said:
You know the only things that bothers me with Russ is most let me empathize on the most Times he needs a guy wide open several times he throws in to double coverage if you watch Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, if their receivers have a step on a crossing route he's open, I hoping that is Maturity though because if it is watch out.
If he had a coach that wasn't so conservative and an OC too scared to stand up and say take a risk on someone, something, anything innovative maybe he gets a chance to grow a set. Time will tell.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Steve2222":3ko0sfvi said:
Wilson would shred defenses with Ryan's supporting cast. Hell he would shred defenses with all those teams supporting cast. All of them have good to great OLs.

Rodgers and Roethlisberger have made it to the playoffs in years when their OL is terrible. And Brady and Ryan just get rid of the ball fast, which forces defenses to back off and makes protection easier.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Steve2222":fv870kbn said:

Not with Bevell calling the plays, he wouldn't. Kyle Shanahan and Darrell Bevell are literally polar opposites.

Josea16

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1si5dyq8 said:
Steve2222":1si5dyq8 said:

Not with Bevell calling the plays, he wouldn't. Kyle Shanahan and Darrell Bevell are literally polar opposites.
Have to agree but I think the real issue is Pete. He gave up before halftime. Not Bevell not Cable but Pete. And he hired both of these jokers. BOTH.

44 games of pure regression is enough to figure out change is needed above the player level in my opinion. Given the talent this team has.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1indx7rd said:
Steve2222":1indx7rd said:

Shanahan is the hot prospect now, but his teams have never been to a Super Bowl, let alone win it. His record and winning percentage are also far inferior to Bevell's.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2vm8sa65 said:
Steve2222":2vm8sa65 said:
Wilson would shred defenses with Ryan's supporting cast. Hell he would shred defenses with all those teams supporting cast. All of them have good to great OLs.

Rodgers and Roethlisberger have made it to the playoffs in years when their OL is terrible. And Brady and Ryan just get rid of the ball fast, which forces defenses to back off and makes protection easier.

So I did some analysis on Roth, Rodgers and Wilson

During their careers the avg ranking of their olines in pass protection is as follows

Rodgers 20th
Roths 20th
Wilson 26th

Worst ranking was 32nd Wilson
Best ranking 4th Rothesburger

Worst ranking winning a WB Wilsons 24th
Best ranking winning an SB 21st Rodgers

Only Wilson has never had an oline ranked above 15th in pass blocking
Only Wilson has never had an oline ranked above 20th in pass blocking

Now Brady and Ryan I only did the last 5 years for them as they were more also adds by the OP

Brady avg ranking 8th worse 18th best 2nd
Ryan avg 11th, worse 23rd, best 7th.

Only 1 time between the 2 did they have an oline rank below 20th, only twice below 15th, only 3 times below 10th.

You can argue the way they play or the way the OC call the games help but not enough to discount the difference between Bradys avg ranking of 8th, Ryans of 11th and Wilsons of 26th.

Of the 5 Qbs Wilson has had to play behind the worse of the pass blocking olines and yet we have at least gotten to the DIvional round every year

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":36m7ik2h said:
RolandDeschain":36m7ik2h said:
Steve2222":36m7ik2h said:

Shanahan is the hot prospect now, but his teams have never been to a Super Bowl, let alone win it. His record and winning percentage are also far inferior to Bevell's.
Look who's back. We're all thrilled.

Comparing the quality of a couple of OCs based on their win percentages is even more ridiculous than comparing QB quality based on their win percentages. It's a team game more than any other professional sport. What's next? Going to say Barry Sanders sucked because he only had one playoff win in his entire career? How about making a statement that every player on one of the dynasty teams that got multiple Super Bowl rings was great because of that?

You literally live in an alternate reality, Sioux.

OP
OP
sondevil89

sondevil89

Reaction score
Anthony!":rzfcwo7j said:
MontanaHawk05":rzfcwo7j said:
Steve2222":rzfcwo7j said:

Of the 5 Qbs Wilson has had to play behind the worse of the pass blocking olines and yet we have at least gotten to the DIvional round every year

Yeah, good work! I suspected as much. nobody has had to deal w/lines as bad as RW's have been.

Josea16

Reaction score
Anthony!":1hfsq5k3 said:
MontanaHawk05":1hfsq5k3 said:
Steve2222":1hfsq5k3 said:

So I did some analysis on Roth, Rodgers and Wilson

During their careers the avg ranking of their olines in pass protection is as follows

Rodgers 20th
Roths 20th
Wilson 26th

Worst ranking was 32nd Wilson
Best ranking 4th Rothesburger

Worst ranking winning a WB Wilsons 24th
Best ranking winning an SB 21st Rodgers

Only Wilson has never had an oline ranked above 15th in pass blocking
Only Wilson has never had an oline ranked above 20th in pass blocking

Now Brady and Ryan I only did the last 5 years for them as they were more also adds by the OP

Brady avg ranking 8th worse 18th best 2nd
Ryan avg 11th, worse 23rd, best 7th.

Only 1 time between the 2 did they have an oline rank below 20th, only twice below 15th, only 3 times below 10th.

You can argue the way they play or the way the OC call the games help but not enough to discount the difference between Bradys avg ranking of 8th, Ryans of 11th and Wilsons of 26th.

Good work Anthony. You don't need the exclamation symbol by the way, I think Russell is the bomb also.....

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1u18aooy said:
Siouxhawk":1u18aooy said:
RolandDeschain":1u18aooy said:
Steve2222":1u18aooy said:

Look who's back. We're all thrilled.

Comparing the quality of a couple of OCs based on their win percentages is even more ridiculous than comparing QB quality based on their win percentages. It's a team game more than any other professional sport. What's next? Going to say Barry Sanders sucked because he only had one playoff win in his entire career? How about making a statement that every player on one of the dynasty teams that got multiple Super Bowl rings was great because of that?

You literally live in an alternate reality, Sioux.
I realize there are other quantifiers to grade out an OC, but I also believe a team's offensive efficiency also correlates to wins.

And I'd like to think that my standing in reality is pretty sound. At least that's what the talking monkeys tell me.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3ih3dlee said:
I also believe a team's offensive efficiency also correlates to wins.
See, this is a true statement. Use them more. I don't see how in the world you think that wins is a valid metric for any single person on a football team, however. I mean this literally; I can't comprehend how you came to that conclusion.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3jkko8b8 said:
Siouxhawk":3jkko8b8 said:
See, this is a true statement. Use them more. I don't see how in the world you think that wins is a valid metric for any single person on a football team, however. I mean this literally; I can't comprehend how you came to that conclusion.
Cable just spoke on how an offense is like an orchestra and for it to work smoothly, everyone has to succeed in playing their parts accurately. Any 1 sour note sabotages the performance.

The coordinator plays the role of the conductor, overseeing the whole process. When in harmony, that offense greatly enhances a team's chances of winning. That's what correlates.

nash72

Reaction score
sondevil89":oft23rnm said:

Give any of those teams to Bevell and watch the offense erode.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":17soom67 said:
RolandDeschain":17soom67 said:
Siouxhawk":17soom67 said:
Cable just spoke on how an offense is like an orchestra and for it to work smoothly, everyone has to succeed in playing their parts accurately. Any 1 sour note sabotages the performance.

The coordinator plays the role of the conductor, overseeing the whole process. When in harmony, that offense greatly enhances a team's chances of winning. That's what correlates.
So it's Bevell according to Cable? Get him out now, hopefully both those ass monkeys are gone at that this point. Both suck balls and you don't need watch to know it. Prove different, please seriously...... please.

I seriously think Cable is trying to screw Bevell over to get Pete's job.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Cable was making an analogy on how a proficient offense is run.

I advocate we have a solid coaching staff and they should all be back. Continuity works for our team.

Latest posts