Per Pete on Brock & Salk Sherman played with a MCL injury...

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hmmnn if this is indeed the case then damn, we really were banged up this year.

C5KXyGf

LolaRox

Reaction score
This makes sense to me now.

I remember Sherm mentioning 'when I was in rehab' in one of the Players Lounge recordings and it made my ears perk up. What? Rehab for what??

Then he was listed on the injury report as NIR at least once per week for half the season and the media guys kept saying for veteran rest - didn't seem right because Sherm always talks about he doesn't like to miss practice. Also why would Sherm be getting time off, but not the older guys? It seemed the only guys getting time off regularly were the guys that had injuries.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL starting asking questions because NIR was listed and not his actual injury.

One thing is clear... this team was never healthy at any point in the year.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
If you go through our list of rosters I'm pretty sure at least half the team sustain some type of injury and/or miss a game due to those injuries. This year we couldn't stop the injury bug. If it wasn't for those injuries I'm pretty sure this team could of been the #2 seed, but I'm still glad they played through all that and still won our division and got into the playoffs even though the cards were already stacked against us.

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
"You don't know that he dealt with a significant knee the whole second half of the season and it was stressful for him to try to get out there," Carroll said Monday on 710 ESPN Seattle's the "Brock and Salk" show. "He had an MCL problem that he could play with, like Russell did. He had the same problem that Russell did and he made it through it."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...veals-richard-sherman-dealt-with-knee-injury/

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Scribbles from the Pete Carroll interview on Jan16 at 9:30 on 710/ESPN/B&S, not verbatim.

Saturday: Turning point was obvious, first drive was beautiful, second drive we barely missed a TD, third drive penalty backed us up to the 11, RW stepped on, Safety, the flow of the game took a big knock.

Weren’t able to keep up with them in the second half

We never found the consistency of our execution for a variety of reasons. Never got our ‘role’ going. Saw that against the Packers and Atlanta. Missed a feel and momentum. QB banged up, Thomas broke his leg, ET broke his leg (not a six week injury). When we were firing on all cylinders like Detroit, that’s what we want to look like. This group needs continuity. Ifedi and Fant will grow, we can expect to do better.

Three plays made the difference. We were not that far off on Saturday.

Players losing their poise happened at times. Need to be more restrained when players get their butts kicked.

The leaders made it clear they were here to go for it, and are still here to go for it. The team has a chance to be really good, still have that and they know it.

Regrets: Injuries, especially Thomas Rawls, so frustrating. Showed some bad expressions on the sidelines, personal issues going through hard times, should have remained behind closed doors.

Extraordinary character growth, Frank Clark, Doug Baldwin – so much fire but harnessed differently. Bobby, KJ.

Personnel changes: Faster, stronger, may not be able to find replacements for starters but there will be more competition.

Maturity of guys up front on offense. Competition at RB. CJ, nobody else can do what he does, see his yards against New England. Almost made it back.

DeSean (PC sounds pessimistic on timing) and ET getting back. Will add to the secondary for sure.

Emergence of PRich, Tyler coming back.

OL has the talent to get a lot better. Rees will be a good competitor too, just didn’t get the play time. Weren’t quite as clued in as we wanted to be, example on Saturday.

Constantly challenge the staff to keep competing, function at a high level.

Haven’t lost the sense that we are going places. We tasted good health at the end of the year, Rawls and RW, Bennett, we had a chance but didn’t quite hit it.

Run/Pass balance: We have our way, are going to continue trying to excel at it. Complement the QB, protected, have the tools he needs, etc.

Exit interviews: Everyone pretty worn out but in the locker room after the game they showed tremendous gratitude to each other. Unique in how close they are to one another. They embrace sincerity and care.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm also struck by Baldwin and others' repeated comments about this being a "long season." This one really did feel tough. A division crown has never felt like such a consolation prize, though I suppose that bodes well for the future. Even when we were winning though, the whole season felt off. Something about it took a toll on the team, mentally and physically.

Here's hoping we can put it behind us and start again fresh next year.

classicaaron

Reaction score
so hopefully this is just coach speak and Pete doesn't really believe all this. because it sounds like he believes this team is sooo close and we don't have to do anything different and we just change one or two plays were back to being the champs. this is so far from the truth. sounds like he cant cope with reality. again maybe this is just him talking and doesn't want to blow up anyones spot but I doubt it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
A good a reminder as any to state this:

When we use terms like "I hope he is 100%" or "when he gets healthy" we are using complete misnomers.

All football players are injured and playing through pain. It's only a matter of degree. There is no such thing as a healthy football player.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I'd imagine they're going to get some calls from the NFL, because I don't believe Richard Sherman was listed on the injury report for a knee once all season.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
classicaaron":1m8w6lhy said:
so hopefully this is just coach speak and Pete doesn't really believe all this. because it sounds like he believes this team is sooo close and we don't have to do anything different and we just change one or two plays were back to being the champs. this is so far from the truth. sounds like he cant cope with reality. again maybe this is just him talking and doesn't want to blow up anyones spot but I doubt it.
I believe that we are a better serving line and health to all of our key players away from another title. We are that close.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
classicaaron":1egg5skt said:

A made FG in Arizona, or a made extra point here against Arizona and ya things would be different.

AgentDib

Reaction score
classicaaron":3vq8zi86 said:
it sounds like he believes this team is sooo close... this is so far from the truth... sounds like he cant cope with reality.
Or maybe you just need some perspective? Winning a Super Bowl is really hard even if you are a great team. New England is the team that everybody wishes they could emulate, and since 2005 they have the same number of Superbowl appearances and Superbowl wins as we do. And they've had the same hall of fame head coach and franchise QB combo for that whole window, whereas we had a few transition years in the middle.

If you can make the playoffs in the NFL you can win the Super Bowl. With better injury luck next season we'll still be favorites to win our division and losing in the Divisional round of the playoffs is not a reason to panic. Should Dallas fire everybody and start over? Should the Packers have fired everybody last year?

Maybe i'm just getting old, but if the result of a whopping two year playoff drought is we lose a few entitled bandwagon fans then that's a silver lining at least.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Mojambo":r9jv38vj said:
I'd imagine they're going to get some calls from the NFL, because I don't believe Richard Sherman was listed on the injury report for a knee once all season.

Agreed. I wonder which draft pick or how many days of practice will we be penalized. This should've been disclosed and the only person accountable for any penalty is Pete himself.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you reveal this during the season. If true they deserve to be punished...or do what the Patriots do and list everyone as Questionable.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2adom0as said:
classicaaron":2adom0as said:
I believe that we are a better serving line and health to all of our key players away from another title. We are that close.
Agree. WIth Earl we're the best d in the league. WIth Lockette and line playing good, putting up rushing yards, ect, healthy Wilson, we have one hell of a dynamic, frightening offense. We could've won anywere--Dallas, whatever. Would've got a first round bye, healed up, gone all the way.

GO HAWKS!

Seymour

Reaction score
Mojambo":1912qjqx said:

Carroll was likely making excuse for Sherm IMO. I believe he has to miss practice time to be listed. Also, you don't have a wounded DB go follow Julio around if he has anything close to a serious injury. Ya, maybe it was tweaked a bit, but lets be serious, most everyone has something hurting by week 18.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If he doesn't miss practice time, due to the injury, then yes, it has to be reported.

The only question I can see is that he did have a mid-week day off here and there as a "vet rest day." I can see the league questioning this. I dounbnt anything comes of it though since he practiced both before and after these rest days, so it's hard to see how you can argue that he was clearly held out for his injury

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
classicaaron":2ecn3wsk said:
because it sounds like he believes this team is sooo close and we don't have to do anything different and we just change one or two plays were back to being the champs. this is so far from the truth. sounds like he cant cope with reality. again maybe this is just him talking and doesn't want to blow up anyones spot but I doubt it.

We were three Hauschka misses vs Arizona and a Kearse foot away from being the #1 seed.

Latest posts