Bevell

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Sorry guys but from what I heard in the press conference he ain't going nowhere. I love Pete and his loyalty but it is to a fault sometimes imho

Seymour

Reaction score
I'll say it again. Pete cannot fire Bevell or Cable...he is stuck! "He took all their tools away" and cannot now fire them for the crappy results (even though they both deserve it IMO).
He did however say " I really hope he gets it" about Cable and the whiners job... :roll:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":8wilyi5y said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/821098911943127042[/tweet]
I've been saying it all along. Pete knows.

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":364ua20w said:
I'm guessing your a Bevell guy . Everyone has an opinion and maybe Pete is wrong on this . nice shot though

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":dn1bfxuq said:
KitsapGuy":dn1bfxuq said:
I'm guessing your a Bevell guy . Everyone has an opinion and maybe Pete is wrong on this . nice shot though
Everybody does have an opinion, but the ascension of this franchise is proof that Pete is spot-on correct. I don't know what you mean by 'nice shot' though.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfannj":34f22e8c said:

He actually trolls Bevell praise for some reason?? I recently saw a post that he hoped Bevell gets "a lucrative contract extension" LOL.
Me? I'm hoping for an alien invasion of planet earth soon myself. :snack:

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":373krc75 said:
hawkfannj":373krc75 said:
KitsapGuy":373krc75 said:
Everybody does have an opinion, but the ascension of this franchise is proof that Pete is spot-on correct.
Correct about exactly what I might ask ? miracle play after play . What exactly makes his offense so good elaborate please.id like to hear a true Bevell guys take other than Pete said so . That's kinda weak

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3onsqkyd said:

Agreed with Pete. I'll trust Pete over anyone on .NET.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bevell just does what Pete wants. You have criticisms with the offense, they probably belong there.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3s2tv4be said:
Siouxhawk":3s2tv4be said:
hawkfannj":3s2tv4be said:
KitsapGuy":3s2tv4be said:
Everybody does have an opinion, but the ascension of this franchise is proof that Pete is spot-on correct.
Correct about exactly what I might ask ? miracle play after play . What exactly makes his offense so good elaborate please.
Just look at how this franchise has grown in this decade. Pete is the architect, but Bevell has been right beside him, building this team up to elite status. Our record shows it, our postseason success shows it, double figure win totals 5 years running shows it, development of our quarterback shows it, DVOA ranking ...

I'm excited that our line will make a huge push next year and we'll see more of what took place in the Detroit game or the first drive Saturday.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":185pg8y4 said:
Bevell just does what Pete wants. You have criticisms with the offense, they probably belong there.

There is a lot of truth to this as well. But I have noticed Pete actually criticizing not running enough a time or 2 this season. Why tell the press? Why not take this up directly with Bevell like he does with the rest of the team??
Not sure personally.

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":297810w3 said:
This too is a very weak explanation? Pete is more of a Defense guy we all know that ! Let's talk about the OCs game plans the play calls etc not difection at its best. How bout an honest look and objective view. This is not don't attack my boy thing. I'm trying to start a real convo about why is HE so great or Why is he so bad objectivity. If it's all Pete why have an OC ? Was it Lynch that was our Ascension an historic Defense maybe ?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
"I'm excited that our line will make a huge push next year and we'll see more of what took place in the Detroit game or the first drive Saturday."

What happened after that first drive? Why did Bevell abandon the run so early? It was working so the other team was expecting it right? We need to go back to what got us to two Superbowls. THE RUN GAME. We are the only team in the NFL that would trade for Jimmy Graham and then use him more as a blocker than the matchup nightmare that he is. We win IN SPITE of Bevell, not because of him. There is a reason why he hasn't been hired somewhere else.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The offense has to work as a unit. If one misses a spot, it throws the rest of the unit off. Be it line, running back, receiver or quarterback.

Bevell can only do so much. Does he call some stupid plays at times? Yes. But is it his fault Rawls tries too hard at times? Russ holding on to the ball too long? The line missing a block, or steps on Russ's foot? No.

It's not a perfect system, so don't expect perfect results.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1yot9i1i said:
MontanaHawk05":1yot9i1i said:
This too is a very weak explanation? Pete is more of a Defense guy we all know that ! Let's talk about the OCs game plans the play calls etc not difection at its best. How bout an honest look and objective view. This is not don't attack my boy thing. I'm trying to start a real convo about why is HE so great or Why is he so bad objectivity. If it's all Pete why have an OC ? Was it Lynch that was our Ascension an historic Defense maybe ?
And Lynch was part of the plan, a rhythm in the running game that we're looking to get back to. More consistency from the O line will solve that.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seymour":x4aeupno said:
He did however say " I really hope he gets it" about Cable and the whiners job... :roll:

I hope he gets it too!

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3b2o974r said:
hawkfannj":3b2o974r said:
MontanaHawk05":3b2o974r said:
And Lynch was part of the plan, a rhythm in the running game that we're looking to get back to. More consistency from the O line will solve that.
Lynch is a once in a generation RB that didn't need a conventional OLine .really that's not a plan that's called getting lucky.

NJlargent

Reaction score
So Bevell stays? Cool I will make a fortune betting on a wildcard loss for us as soon as I can. Only risk is that one of the 3 teams in our division has a 10 win season and we don't win the division.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1olxb5b6 said:
Siouxhawk":1olxb5b6 said:
hawkfannj":1olxb5b6 said:
MontanaHawk05":1olxb5b6 said:
Lynch is a once in a generation RB that's not a plan that's called getting lucky.
A phenomenal player that fit the scheme of our running game to a T. We are now trying to emulate that as close as possible with Rawls and that calls for the O line to be serviceable.