NFL now looking into situation W/ Sherman’s MCL

Popeyejones

Reaction score
That's dumb.

The NFL got rid of the "probable" designation, so the Hawks should just say he was always at greater than a 50/50 chance of playing, which he clearly was, by not missing any games.

ringless

Reaction score
The Practice Report provides clubs and fans with an accurate description of a player’s injury status and how much he participated in practice during the week. If any player has a significant or noteworthy injury, it must be listed on the practice report, even if he fully participates in practice and the team expects that he will play in the team’s next game. This is especially important for key players whose injuries may be covered extensively by the media.

http://operations.nfl.com/updates/football-ops/2016-nfl-injury-report-policy/

I doubt the penalty would be anything more than a fine to the organization. Not like it's going to be draft picks but the injury should've been reported regardless.

Edit: Appears fine can be against the team, GM, and coach.

Seymour

Reaction score
:roll: @ Pete. He tries to cover and make excuses for Sherms childish acts and may now end up getting his ass fined once again. These fines are becoming an annual event. I thought for sure that if they are full participants in practice, they don't have to be listed. Guess not, but we shall see just how "significant" Petes latest excuse is.

kidhawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":x5khwrws said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/821377716045877251[/tweet]

Odd that Wilson was "injured" all year long, yet was rarely on the report. I'd say almost every player is injured in some way, but if they practice fully all week they don't usually go on the report. Only if they are limited in any practice do they stay on the report when practicing fully.

If the NFL fines Seattle for this, then every team in the league should be as well. You can look at post season surgeries and such for players who played all year and start the list of fines and make it quite lengthy.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
When your the bad boys of the league you better believe the nfl is going to jump at the chance to slap your hand on any infraction they can.

Seymour

Reaction score
We are already down 1 draft pick this year because of Pete and his "always compete unless you are a coach" theme from last years practice contact infractions. We could draw a worse fine / sanction for repeat violation IIRC.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It would be funny as hell if we get punished and Pete decides to troll the league by listing 80% of our players on the report each and every week next year.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
bigskydoc":9o998152 said:
It would be funny as hell if we get punished and Pete decides to troll the league by listing 80% of our players on the report each and every week next year.

Works for Bellichick.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2ffpsuez said:

He could go farther and put the 12s on it too for hangnail..... :sarcasm_off: :twisted: :stirthepot:

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":nucggwu7 said:
bigskydoc":nucggwu7 said:

He could go farther and put the 12s on it too for hangnail..... :sarcasm_off: :twisted: :stirthepot:

Well we do have a Jersey..................................

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Does anyone else think this might be Richard trying to make excuses for getting schooled by Jones and not having a very good year?

I've listened to enough Pete pressers to tell when he's not being completely honest, and I sniffed that out right away when he said "I guess I screwed up" when talking about Sherman's supposed sprained MCL.

Yes there is a gamesmanship angle here to not divulging Richard's injury because it helps the other team scheme against you, but I don't get that vibe here.

Pete knows what the janitor had for lunch, to say something silly like I screwed up hesitantly with a major injury just sounds to me like he's covering for Richard sucking.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23rbaaj4 said:
Does anyone else think this might be Richard trying to make excuses for getting schooled by Jones and not having a very good year?

I've listened to enough Pete pressers to tell when he's not being completely honest, and I sniffed that out right away when he said "I guess I screwed up" when talking about Sherman's supposed sprained MCL.

Yes there is a gamesmanship angle here to not divulging Richard's injury because it helps the other team scheme against you, but I don't get that vibe here.

Pete knows what the janitor had for lunch, to say something silly like I screwed up hesitantly with a major injury just sounds to me like he's covering for Richard sucking.

HQ69Drh3BLb9vLd9fQlAmhL KCeVDZhesblzjeGQQqp8rf Qtj

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":vmqvwo99 said:
Sgt. Largent":vmqvwo99 said:

HQ69Drh3BLb9vLd9fQlAmhL KCeVDZhesblzjeGQQqp8rf Qtj

I own this, but I'm not backing down.

I saw a very frustrated and more importantly unhappy Sherman this year..............like the joy is gone from the game for him. I didn't see any physical issues like they're claiming. I saw a fire in the belly issue.

When our most outspoken player goes from screaming at Skip Bayless and picking Twitter fights with Darrelle Revis to taking his anger internal at his own players and coaches? Something's wrong above the shoulders.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I'm sure this will get resolved before Ezekiel Elliott punching somebody does

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seymour":3lewt9j4 said:
We are already down 1 draft pick this year because of Pete and his "always compete unless you are a coach" theme from last years practice contact infractions. We could draw a worse fine / sanction for repeat violation IIRC.

That's not on Pete, that's on Bradley Sowell for pushing and shoving to prove that he belongs. We've never had that kind of fighting on this team until he got here.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1wcyebjw said:

What I don't get is Pete called it serious. How can someone play with a serious MCL injury and never be limited to practice time? Does anyone think Sherman looked hobbled while playing in games? I wont speculate but this is odd and something is missing from the story.

Seymour

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2vti4t01 said:
Sgt. Largent":2vti4t01 said:

What I don't get is Pete called it serious. How can someone play with a serious MCL injury and never be limited to practice time? Does anyone think Sherman looked hobbled while playing in games? I wont speculate but this is odd and something is missing from the story.

Exactly why I called BS / excuses right off the bat on this one.

Fey32lJb

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Colts didn't report a major injury to Lord Luck, no fine. But, since the Hawks have been dinged for stuff in the past, I fully expect a hefty fine. Fingers crossed we don't lose a draft pick, but nothing would surprise me.

mikeak

Reaction score
I don't think Sherman accepts the team lying about his injury to cover for a coach

Pick ANY other player and sure it is very possible.....but NOT Sherman. He would have a lengthy article in Players tribune how he was totally fine and that the coaches just game planned wrong.....