Bennett owes BIll Wixey a major apology...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballz

Reaction score
I understand his frustrations after losing that game, and losing his cool in that moment. But the fact that he asked Wixey of all people, "What injuries have you played through, what adversity have you had to face?"

Actually the guy fought and beat cancer all while continuing to perform his very public job throughout it. Like I said, I know he was angry right after losing that game, but I'd really like to see him issue some sort of apology acknowledging how wrong he was.

Largent80

Reaction score
To me, that's what reporters get for sticking a mic in the face of an athlete that just lost a huge game and who's season I suddenly over.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Wixey got exactly what he wanted out of it. If anything, he owes Bennett a drink.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Bill is a good guy, but any reporter going into a locker room after a teams season literally ended 5 minutes prior should expect to hear some raw emotion.

That's what he wanted and that's what he got.

RussB

Reaction score
Guys like sherman and bennett are pretty outspoken, so when you go see them post game after their season is over and start nagging with questions about not getting pressure on ryan im sure he will be pissed.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Im getting a little tired of the players acting like babies with the media. IF you want to pull a Marshawn then do it, either duck the media or be there so you dont get fined. But this belittling or bullying the media is stupid.

Both times the guys were asked valid questions, Sherman do you think you can do a better job calling plays and Bennett why didn't you guys pressure Ryan.

IF they don't like getting asked those questions either A: don't bitch out your OC and then double down on it at the pressure and B: get some damn pressure on Matt Ryan.

Im still a big supporter of these guys but i'm not blinded by fandom to not call them on their bull shhhh

2_0_6

Reaction score
gowazzu02":bd94xr1h said:
Im getting a little tired of the players acting like babies with the media. IF you want to pull a Marshawn then do it, either duck the media or be there so you dont get fined. But this belittling or bullying the media is stupid.

Both times the guys were asked valid questions, Sherman do you think you can do a better job calling plays and Bennett why didn't you guys pressure Ryan.

IF they don't like getting asked those questions either A: don't bitch out your OC and then double down on it at the pressure and B: get some damn pressure on Matt Ryan.

Im still a big supporter of these guys but i'm not blinded by fandom to not call them on their bull shhhh

There is a BIG difference between the Shem issue and the Bennet one.

Sherms was at a press conference at the Vmac while Bennett's was literally right after 8 months of hard work was flushed down the shitter.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":25ena5dn said:
gowazzu02":25ena5dn said:

There is a BIG difference between the Shem issue and the Bennet one.

Sherms was at a press conference at the Vmac while Bennett's was literally right after 8 months of hard work was flushed down the shitter.

Sure, but I stand by my comment. It's part of the job. A Job that bennett used the media to bit@#$ and moan about his brand new contract for years which ultimately see's him signing a new contract before expiration. You get paid a lot of money to get to the qb. A side effect is you need to talk to people after that will ask you about how you feel you performed at getting to the qb.

As a person who reads and watchs as much seahawks related stuff the reporters are there on my behalf.

Edit: And as I said, he doesn't even need to answer the questions, a simple Next question or i'm not going to talk about that right now would be fine. Just doin't be an #$@!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Maybe he already has apologized to him in private. It's really none of your business. Does he have to have the apology broadcast for you to be satisfied? If you have to hear the apology (even though you have nothing to do with it), then the issue isn't that you want an apology, it's that you want to see the drama play out.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I'm pretty tired of fans bitching about this sort of thing. They're human. Talk to me after I lose at anything and I'll rip you a new ahole. It can be a game of monopoly and I'll lose my mind...biggest game of the year and I can't even catch my breath before somebody is asking me why I didn't do my job better...yup you're going to get some of my rage. I'll take a Bennett outburst over a Russ well good season guys, see ya next year, im so blessed heres pics of my fam...puke.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Meh, Wixey, like Moore are big boys. Players shouldn't be required to go thru a reporters medical history before responding to to their lame questions. Like I said in the shack thread (that's 3 of these like threads now) if you can't handle being criticized for asking dumb questions it's time to look for a new line of work or grow a thicker skin.

Topic being discussed here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=135667

Or the shacked thread here

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=135584#p2009829

Status
Not open for further replies.