Tom Cable staying with Seattle

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DHendrickson41/status/821493652681728000[/tweet] :229031_victory:

Seymour

Reaction score
Go get 'em kids.....

quiz_promo.jpg

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am kind of relieved. I know many of you are very sick of Cable, but if the Seahawks really are sticking with this group of O-line guys I want Cable being the one to continue to teach them. We really don't need some new voice coming in and changing whatever continuity those guys are starting to have. Now those guys can keep hearing consistent things, keep getting better, and hopefully we'll have a few new players competing for the spots.

If they were doing an O-line overhaul I would want a new coach. But with the way the Seahawks are doing it, I want a consistent voice.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":3tt8a3f9 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DHendrickson41/status/821493652681728000[/tweet] :229031_victory:

Is that Cables agent or bail bondsman?

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
49ers realistic plan: "Hire Kyle Shanahan, and hopefully that can help us get a good GM."

Kyle Shanahan is in the position to demand huge money to be a part of that organization. No one wants to work for Jed York.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
HawkFan72":ly347rf6 said:
I am kind of relieved. I know many of you are very sick of Cable, but if the Seahawks really are sticking with this group of O-line guys I want Cable being the one to continue to teach them. We really don't need some new voice coming in and changing whatever continuity those guys are starting to have. Now those guys can keep hearing consistent things, keep getting better, and hopefully we'll have a few new players competing for the spots.

If they were doing an O-line overhaul I would want a new coach. But with the way the Seahawks are doing it, I want a consistent voice.
Yes Yes Yes

The development of this OL is critical to this team's future and consistency in all facets will be key.

Very relieved to see this news.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
This could get even more interesting if Kyle Shanahan tells the 49ers "no". Seems unlikely at this point, but many of the sports media seem to believe that the deal is far from done

sondevil89

Reaction score
Can't wait to hear Cable announce (again & again): "This is the best group that we've had here."

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":17ggeytw said:
Jville":17ggeytw said:

Is that Cables agent or bail bondsman?

[youtube]cTozW3ZC6_I[/youtube]

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Is anyone surprised, really?

Well, cheers to the value of continuity, whatever it's worth.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":2gnp4cmu said:
This could get even more interesting if Kyle Shanahan tells the 49ers "no". Seems unlikely at this point, but many of the sports media seem to believe that the deal is far from done

Even as a lifelong 9ers fan I've thought of this and would find it absolutely hilarious.

TBF tho, I'd rather Jed York install himself as GM, coach, and starting QB than hire Tom Cable, and I'm far from the only person in the Bay Area of that opinion. :)

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I'm actually glad he is back. He was given the lowest paid linemen to build with and asked to perform a miracle and make them serviceable. They started out rough but as the season went on they began to find their rhythm. A season together under their belt should be nothing but a plus for them. Now though if only we could find a way to get that other guy a gig somewhere...

HawkGA

Reaction score
I am hopeful I will be proven wrong. But for now, crap.

HawkGA

Reaction score
On he lowest paid linement thing, I could see that if the OL was regularly getting manhandled. That is what it is. But when the linemen are constantly getting beaten by stunts, that seems like more of a coaching issue.