How bad was Kearse this year?

mrt144

Reaction score
60 yards in penalties, 510 receiving. 46% catch rate.

edit: correction - it was 60 yards in penalties, I read the summary stat wrong as just for 2016, not for his entire career. Still, 60 yards, 5 of which were OPI. There was a 6th OPI that was declined.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I knew it was bad. Did not think it was THAT bad

Seymour

Reaction score
"Well if you would pay me better, I would work harder!"

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Holy crap, that's awful. We could get that or better from an undrafted rookie for a fraction of the price.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
How bad has he been? He's been like... really really awful....like really

2_0_6

Reaction score
Did anyone really think he was going to improve from his past seasons? If he didn't have local ties I bet he would not have been resigned. Its not like suitors were banging down his door.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
This was the stat when Kearse started as our starter. He had to be the starter again this year once Tyler was hampered by his injury, and it shows, he is best used as our 4th-5th option.

Lynch pretty much helped with the receiving game that year knowing that Kearse was struggling a bit in the redzone.

Jermaine Kearse
2014 - 38 catches - 537 yards - 14.1 avg - 1 TD

Marshawn Lynch
2014 - 37 catches - 367 yards - 9.9 avg - 4 TD

classicaaron

Reaction score
im surprised he even had that many yards to be honest. I feel like he got 1 catch for 8 yards every week. he certainly never made game changing plays this year. and for those who say his blocking is good. what good is being able to block when our line is so terrible that the running back is getting tackled for a 3 yard loss every time. maybe in the Lynch days when we sprung some runs his blocking would be meaningful.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
classicaaron":36dblxpq said:
im surprised he even had that many yards to be honest. I feel like he got 1 catch for 8 yards every week. he certainly never made game changing plays this year. and for those who say his blocking is good. what good is being able to block when our line is so terrible that the running back is getting tackled for a 3 yard loss every time. maybe in the Lynch days when we sprung some runs his blocking would be meaningful.

More importantly this year, he got 4 or 5 OPIs on pick plays. We can whine about the double standard on pick plays but the fact he got that many and was put in a position to get that many through his place in the depth chart, his perceived value on those plays, etc etc, it was disheartening.

Kearse is the best example of the Bevell et al slamming the offense face first against the wall and sticking to their guns on personnel placement and plays in spite of the net contribution.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I certainly don't like it if Kearse was still pouting after Doug caught that TD pass in front of him against the Lions. That would indicate total selfishness and an attitude that wouldn't support the team concept that we've thrived on. He was pretty invisible Saturday. I hope there's nothing to this and it was just internet speculation.

razor150

Reaction score
Wasn't Russell Wilson's QB rating throwing to Kearse only a couple of decimal points higher than just throwing it into the dirt? That pretty much says it all.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
A good time for addition by deletion with Kearse. With his stats, replacement can only be a positive move, regardless of any dead money or Cap hits. I personally would like a guy like WR-Taywan Taylor as a round 3/4 replacement. The offense would automatically improve considerably with a talented, young and hungry receiver replacing Kearse.

classicaaron

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3dp032fv said:
I certainly don't like it if Kearse was still pouting after Doug caught that TD pass in front of him against the Lions. That would indicate total selfishness and an attitude that wouldn't support the team concept that we've thrived on. He was pretty invisible Saturday. I hope there's nothing to this and it was just internet speculation.

if Baldwin did let the ball go Kearse would have dropped it and just blamed Baldwin saying he thought Dougie was going to get it. Great receivers go and attack the ball to get it, Kearse does not do this.

Hawks46

Reaction score
razor150":1v0egit0 said:
Wasn't Russell Wilson's QB rating throwing to Kearse only a couple of decimal points higher than just throwing it into the dirt? That pretty much says it all.

I thought I read somewhere that Russ would've had a higher QB rating just throwing it away every time instead of targeting Kearse.

What's really awesome about all these stats is that Kearse was targeted 4 times as much in the red zone as Jimmy F*****g Graham.

titan3131

Reaction score
I want him off the team, out of the state, SEND HIM TO CANADA!!!

Latest posts