"It’s time for Seattle to shut up"

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
What the national media are saying about the Seahawks’ future

“It’s time for Seattle to shut up. Bennett, all of them, shut up! All they are now is an ordinary, washed-up former champion, and they run their mouths and tell you what they’re not gonna talk about, not gonna do. Then, their over-caffeinated coach, who stops at every corner of Seattle and drinks something: one of those lattes, something special… shut up, Seattle. You guys are overrated, now. You don’t win anything. Shut up!”

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...=twitter.com&utm_campaign=owned_buffer_sports

Who is Michael Wilbon?

sutz

Reaction score
Wilbon? Pardon the Interruption, right? Talking head on ESPN.

Whatever. Seahawks need to re-tool a bit. They're still a playoff caliber team going into the off season.

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":3bimznin said:
What the national media are saying about the Seahawks’ future

“It’s time for Seattle to shut up. Bennett, all of them, shut up! All they are now is an ordinary, washed-up former champion, and they run their mouths and tell you what they’re not gonna talk about, not gonna do. Then, their over-caffeinated coach, who stops at every corner of Seattle and drinks something: one of those lattes, something special… shut up, Seattle. You guys are overrated, now. You don’t win anything. Shut up!”

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...=twitter.com&utm_campaign=owned_buffer_sports

Who is Michael Wilbon?
Correct me if Im wrong but didn't we just win the NFC West. Wilbon is a Moron!

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Before we all blow a collective gasket, it's worth remembering that it's his--and other talking heads'--job to say outrageous things to get fans talking and tuning in. Nobody buys ad time in a sensible conversation.

That said, he's also wrong, we're still division champions.

And THAT said, he's not completely wrong. It may behoove some of our guys to remember that, until we win another one, we're more famous for our Super Bowl loss than our Super Bowl win. Consistently getting knocked out of the second round of the playoffs is worth exactly nothing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
My response to another media member..... Meh.

This is why I don't get mad when players give reporters the red ass.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Didn't read the link but I have to agree with that snippet there. Time for this team full of grown men to act like adults and quit going off on reporters because they were annoyed with questions and blowing up on the sidelines at teammates and coaches alike.
Chancellor at least gets it anyway.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
He's defending those in his profession. Pure and simple. It does strike me funny that players are "washed up" when they haven't been to the Super Bowl in two years.

themunn

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2zixu28f said:
And THAT said, he's not completely wrong. It may behoove some of our guys to remember that, until we win another one, we're more famous for our Super Bowl loss than our Super Bowl win. Consistently getting knocked out of the second round of the playoffs is worth exactly nothing.

Meh, this is the first championship game for Pittsburgh since they won the superbowl 6 years ago, but as far as I know they've been a "superbowl challenger" every year

lukerguy

Reaction score
I actually respect Wilbon's opinion. I don't think he's wrong if he was referencing Bennett.

There was an article in a local newspaper which essentially said Seahawks are moving from brash to unlikeable between Bennett's recent antics and Sherman a few times this year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Isn't it time that all of these jackwads shut up?

Or better yet, people quit listening to them?

I don't know how or why people watch or listen to these ridiculous shows. What a waste of your precious life. Do something, anything but pay attention to attention whores.

Own The West

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2f370im2 said:
...we're more famous for our Super Bowl loss than our Super Bowl win.

Truth. And maybe that's what's got this team's head twisted on backwards.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":12vk4sse said:

Really, this is a team that yawned their way into and out of the playoffs. Not many teams in the league can do that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He's right.

It's time for these people to shut up.

Sherman, Earl, Bennett, all of them.

Their jawing worked when they were winning. Now they sound like sore losers.

There are valid reasons for their underperformance - Earl's absence, Sherman's injury, Steven Terrell being replacement-level - and the rest of the NFL will remember how dangerous they are when 2017 starts.

But it doesn't matter. They sound like whiners. I've taught seventh-graders with more restraint than this.

Shut up.

I love it.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Alright people have had their time to vent their apparent frustration against the Seahawks. Hope we can go back to being as hated as our performance indicates. The Broncos have gotten similar results as us in the last couple of years and they also have players that are pretty much universally hated like Talib and Ward, yet they don't get nearly the hate we get.

In some places I've even seen fans of pretty much all other teams bashing us with only Patriots fans defending us because they know how the hate feels.

It's not time for Seattle to shut up, it's time for all these less succesful teams to stop taking their frustration out on the Hawks.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Notice how nobody seems to use the word "dynasty" anymore?

I agree. Getting into the playoffs is a good thing.........if you have a solid chance to win it all. Otherwise, it just nets you lower draft picks each round.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Madrid Hawk":1zqrkete said:
Notice how nobody seems to use the word "dynasty" anymore?

I agree. Getting into the playoffs is a good thing.........if you have a solid chance to win it all. Otherwise, it just nets you lower draft picks each round.

Horrible attitude. I'd rather make the quarterfinals (divisional round) every year than to be knocked out in the group stage (reg season). Picking a bit earlier should never be incentive to not perform at your highest level.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Actually I think the media and fans need to shut up. I see far more whining from them than anyone on our team. Last I checked we had a 53 man roster, and we have literally 3 people that have said anything on the national stage this year.

I also think it's pathetic that fans are not supporting this team. In 2009 I would have KILLED for the year that we just had. Remember 2011 and how exhilarating it was to win a playoff game even with a crappy 7-9 team? I had so much fun that year despite the thrashing in Chicago the week after.

This year was frustrating to everyone, because of the high expectations of this team. But it's a complete joke to expect to go to the superbowl every year. We are TWO YEARS removed from back to back superbowls and we are whining like we are the Browns. We have won a playoff game the last two years, this year despite star players (including our QB) being ravaged by injuries.

Also the rest of the world can remember the Seahawks for the infamous interception, but I remember the CHAMPIONSHIP that this team and these coaches brought to our franchise. I will never forget the amazing feeling I had from Sherman's tip to win against the hated niners and the subsequent drumming of the "best offense ever" in the Broncos. If that's all we ever get, then I lived to see the Seahawks win in extraordinary fashion, and not every team's fan can say that.

Do I want more? Of course, but I never want to turn into my coworker who was literally bitching because Green Bay didn't win against the Cowboys "by enough". At that point, why are you even watching if you can't enjoy your success? We are a top 8 team and need to re-tool. I have faith in Schneider and Carroll to fix the few issues we have and I am looking forward to next year and ANOTHER playoff berth.

Have fun whining.