2nd Round pick potentially taken away from Hawks...

2_0_6

Reaction score
For not disclosing the Sherman injury, hearing it on the radio right now.

This is ALL on Pete for his stupidity.

Unreal.

BPViXmw

DJrmb

Reaction score
It's just a "maybe" for now but certainly not good news...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/822144844298645504[/tweet]

hedgehawk

Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me. This off season has certainly started well.

Rat

Reaction score
Damn, we like those. If that happens, it practically guarantees a first round trade down, if that wasn't already almost a certainty.

DJrmb

Reaction score
It seems like a really harsh penalty for simply not giving your opponent an advantage over you (many teams avoid throwing to Sherm, if they knew he was hurt they'd be more willing to test him). Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. The Patriots already make a mockery of reporting injuries anyway...

I could see people being upset if it was a concussion not being reported, but a knee? :roll:

Reaction score
Dang it. Did he really need to disclose it? And since he did is he covering for Sherm for going a bit rogue this season. Ugh sucks either way.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would think there's already been some sort of precence for this right? Shouldn't it be pretty well established what the penalty would be? Why the heck couldn't Caroll just keep his mouth shut about it after the season? This team is in need of a big of quality re-stocking if they want to keep the run going. This isn't going to help.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":uehwx6u3 said:

Unreal.

BPViXmw

This would be completely ridiculous by the NFL. By all accounts Sherman practiced fully every practice and he definitely played in every game. EVERY single player in the NFL has some sort of injury by mid season. Any injury that a player can practice through isn't serious enough to need to be reported. If they choose to single out the Seahawks, it will sour even more people on the NFL as a whole, and Roger Goodell specifically. The entire league has players playing hurt that aren't on their reports.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I can see a fine - and it would be well deserved. But a 2nd round pick? What a joke. How did not reporting a slight injury hurt anyone? The NFL just keeps getting dumber and dumber.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3ov22mi3 said:
Won't happen.

A few years ago, I wouldn't think it could happen, but the direction the League offices have been headed opens up the door to this kind of thing which is taking some of the enjoyment from the game.

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":2r3vc4ds said:
Hawk_Nation":2r3vc4ds said:

Unreal.

BPViXmw

This would be completely ridiculous by the NFL. By all accounts Sherman practiced fully every practice and he definitely played in every game. EVERY single player in the NFL has some sort of injury by mid season. Any injury that a player can practice through isn't serious enough to need to be reported. If they choose to single out the Seahawks, it will sour even more people on the NFL as a whole, and Roger Goodell specifically. The entire league has players playing hurt that aren't on their reports.
Except that in late Dec, IIRC, Sherman did skip a practice for "non-injury reasons." That could be used against us.

Hoping this is much ado about nothing.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ypsuz32 said:
This would be completely ridiculous by the NFL. By all accounts Sherman practiced fully every practice and he definitely played in every game. EVERY single player in the NFL has some sort of injury by mid season. Any injury that a player can practice through isn't serious enough to need to be reported.

Added this in a different thread. But here's the official rule:

Policy injury

It won't be a matter of some random soft tissue injury type thing. It'll be based on evidence from the team's medical staff treating him. If it was a significant injury, it'll be easy to verify. And it'll be easily distinguished from the assumed assorted injuries that all players sustain.

The only real hope is that the injury wasn't significant. And that Pete was talking BS to cover for Sherman. Needless to say, it was just ridiculously stupid on his part to even mention it. And if it costs a draft pick will be hands down the single dumbest thing he's done in seven years here.

EDIT: Added Practice report policy as well outlining our requirement to divulge

Practice report

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":3kddsc4s said:
kidhawk":3kddsc4s said:
Hawk_Nation":3kddsc4s said:

Unreal.

BPViXmw

Except that in late Dec, IIRC, Sherman did skip a practice for "non-injury reasons." That could be used against us.

Hoping this is much ado about nothing.

Thanks, I missed that. I was out of the country for the last month of the season so I didn't get a lot of news outside of watching the games. Either way, it should be simple enough for them to figure out if he had other reasons for missing practice. If Pete was resting him to help his injury, then we deserve a fine. If it was truly Not Injury Related, then there should be something Sherman could tell or show the league as to explain his absences as not injury related.

If Pete was trying to be coy, it seems pretty stupid to me. Sherman wasn't playing so bad as to warrant hiding the injury from opposing qbs. Heck, with his ability to pick off passes, it may well help the team to list his injuries to entice a few qbs to throw his way a bit more.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1n1a3v1j said:
If he didn't practice or miss games I could see it, but he played almost every snap.
Exactly. And can't players be held out of practice later in the season just to give them a rest? Does there have to be an injury associated with it? If there has to be, that would be news to me. And like you said, HE PLAYED EVERY GAME.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Just to be clear, missing practices with an NIR designation doesn't really matter at all in this case.

Players miss practice all the time for NIR. It's more commonly referred to as a 'veteran rest day'. It doesn't/won't apply or impact anything with the Sherman case.

What will be the determining factor is that we never disclosed the injury and whether or not the medical records can confirm it was actually a significant injury. Those are the only two criteria and they both need to be true.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm sure on every fan forum there is a thread called "Pete The Cheat."

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
I heard that it might be so high because it's an elevation of the 5th, which supposedly was forfeited.

Tbh I know nothing about either. But based on what I heard the potential is for a high pick because it's not a first offense. But I have no dorec5 knowledge and don't care enough to research. Just throwing this out there for those who do.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I read in a Seattle Times article, can't seem to find the article online now, that the Colts did the same thing with Andrew Luck in the 2015 season (broken ribs) but didn't get any penalty. If true, just doesn't make sense penalize one team and not another.