Seymour

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1su2kwnw said:
Maybe Cable will convert him to O line.

LMAO!!

Touche_turtle_Iron_On_Transfer_056.JPG

chris98251

Reaction score
Not familiar with his personality, if he has a bit of Norton in him I am all in. He is also a D Line coach, one can only hope his name will be reflected in what his players do to the opposition.

Largent80

Reaction score
This is a good start. New blood to possibly change up a line with tons of talent.

I LIKE it.

nash72

Reaction score
Saw the headline earlier that Seahawks made a coaching change and I excitedly opened up the link hoping for the best. I felt like a kid opening up a Christmas present and finding out it was a pair of socks when I read it was only the hiring of Hurtt. Maybe next time.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
This is a huge coup for the Hawks, I'm a big fan of Clint Hurtt and have been for some time. He began his coaching career with the dominant Miami Hurricane teams of the early 2000s who were churning out 1st round D-linemen every year. He also played at The U under Butch Davis, one of the best D-line coaches the game has ever seen. Hurtt was also the DL coach for Charlie Strong at Louisville when the Cardinals led the nation in Total Defense in 2013, and he developed Marcus Smith - a converted QB (!) - into a 1st round pick of the Eagles as a DE. He then went to the NFL with the Bears, and spent the past 2 seasons apprenticing under Vic Fangio - inarguably one of the greatest DC's and teachers of LB's in NFL history. Hurtt was also a great recruiter in college, which should come in handy during free agency visits. Not sure what this means for Travis Jones and Dwaine Board. Perhaps Board is moving on or retiring, with Hurtt to focus on the DE's and Jones on the DT's (purely speculating there).

Regardless, great GREAT hire for Seattle.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Apparently has a pretty close relationship with Calais Campbell...

HawkGA

Reaction score
Just curious, did the Hawks lose their DL coach or is this a replacement?

KillerB

Reaction score
Hurtt was Calais Campbell's coach at Miami. And a skilled recruiter. Come to Seattle, Calais Campbell.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2f8zffvw said:
This is a huge hire for the Hawks, I'm a big fan of Clint Hurtt and have been for some time. He began his coaching career with the dominant Miami Hurricane teams of the early 2000s who were churning out 1st round DL's every year. He was also the DL coach for Charlie Strong at Louisville when the Cardinals led the nation in Total Defense in 2013, and he developed Marcus Smith - a converted QB (!) - into a 1st round pick of the Eagles as a DE. He then went to the NFL with the Bears, and spent the past 2 seasons apprenticing under Vic Fangio - inarguably one of the greatest DC's and teachers of LB's in NFL history. Hurtt was also a great recruiter in college, which should come in handy during free agency visits. Not sure what this means for Travis Jones and Dwaine Board, but perhaps Board is moving on or retiring, with Hurtt to focus on the DE's and Jones on the DT's (just speculating there).

Regardless, great GREAT hire for Seattle.
Thanks for the insight !! Great stuff

pcbball12

Reaction score
HawkGA":pxd694j4 said:
Just curious, did the Hawks lose their DL coach or is this a replacement?
No, word is he is just an addition to the DL staff. Everyone else looks to be staying.

kobebryant

Reaction score
From what I remember of him at U Miami, he really really looks the part too.