Depression Today

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I should be at Temple Billiards right now getting my prefunk on. This should have been another NFCCG against the Packers, another classic in the making. I'm proud of 5 straight years of 10+ wins. 5 straight years of playoffs. That was unheard of back in the day. It's difficult not to think of the trajectory that could have taken place with this team had they handed the ball off to Marshawn (and won).

There's legitimate holes to plug, issues to address this offseason but we're still in the thick of it folks.

As optimistic as I am about the 2017 season and beyond, I'm feeling the pangs of depression a bit today.

A

Anonymous

I knew I had no business being in a relatively good mood today...

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":20zb2oui said:
I should be at Temple Billiards right now getting my prefunk on. This should have been another NFCCG against the Packers, another classic in the making. I'm proud of 5 straight years of 10+ wins. 5 straight years of playoffs. That was unheard of back in the day. It's difficult not to think of the trajectory that could have taken place with this team had they handed the ball off to Marshawn (and won).

There's legitimate holes to plug, issues to address this offseason but we're still in the thick of it folks.

As optimistic as I am about the 2017 season and beyond, I'm feeling the pangs of depression a bit today.

Well look at the positive, many of us will not have to pay for the defibrillator this week.

Defibrillator_(UOMZ).jpg

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Based on what we saw this year, I don't think we deserved to be there.

But with a healthy Earl and Lockett? We could have slipped in. There is really no team this year that is clearly ahead of the rest. No great teams just a lot of flawed good teams. So the matchups are deciding this, like a big game of paper, rock & scissors.

We no longer have the shutdown secondary we did, our pass rush is not consistent even though our sack numbers are good, and so we cannot just expect the defense to win it for us like we did.

But we still got to watch some great games - so it wasn't like this season was a disappointment. Games like Atlanta and New England stand out as great games that we enjoyed for weeks afterwards.

Ideally you want to go into the season expecting you have a chance, and I think we got that. But we also probably should have known a lot of things would have had to fallen our way for us to make it, and that did not happen. Nor was it likely to.

We were a little bit better than a wildcard team and we won the wildcard game. Even better we got that game at home so a lot of us could experience those memories in person.

That isn't something to be depressed about. When Pete leaves? Then you can be depressed. But this will generally be a playoff or threat to be a playoff team so long as he is here. Until Bevell leaves I wouldn't expect more but that is still a good deal better than many teams get.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Ya I'm pretty damn bummed, but if any of you are watching ATL is completely dismantling Green Bay. It wasn't our year this year, but at least we put up more of a fight then this

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":vkndfapy said:
Based on what we saw this year, I don't think we deserved to be there.

But with a healthy Earl and Lockett? We could have slipped in. There is really no team this year that is clearly ahead of the rest. No great teams just a lot of flawed good teams. So the matchups are deciding this, like a big game of paper, rock & scissors.

We no longer have the shutdown secondary we did, our pass rush is not consistent even though our sack numbers are good, and so we cannot just expect the defense to win it for us like we did.

But we still got to watch some great games - so it wasn't like this season was a disappointment. Games like Atlanta and New England stand out as great games that we enjoyed for weeks afterwards.

Ideally you want to go into the season expecting you have a chance, and I think we got that. But we also probably should have known a lot of things would have had to fallen our way for us to make it, and that did not happen. Nor was it likely to.

We were a little bit better than a wildcard team and we won the wildcard game. Even better we got that game at home so a lot of us could experience those memories in person.

That isn't something to be depressed about. When Pete leaves? Then you can be depressed. But this will generally be a playoff or threat to be a playoff team so long as he is here. Until Bevell leaves I wouldn't expect more but that is still a good deal better than many teams get.
With all their injuries & pitfalls they weren't physically prepared to challenge beyond game two in the playoffs, but, they DESERVED to be there as much as anyone else.
I still believe in Pete Carroll to get us right back into the thick of things.
NFC WEST Championship AGAIN...Getting us our first World Championship title, he's EARNED MY confidence.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Teams in the tournament earned the right to be there. It's about factors like resiliency, how teams match up, etc. at this point.

The tough part is that even with all the Seahawks have had to deal with this season, another Super Bowl appearance was within reach. You never know... they certainly came out to play in Atlanta. Penalties killed that momentum. Game very well could have played out differently. But, credit Falcons for weathering the storm and catching a few breaks to keep them in that game.

My optimism took the greatest blow when Shead went down.

I don't have depression from all this. My depression is legit and have to deal with it ongoing.

Go Hawks

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":11uhvhno said:

Remember when 10 wins seemed like an unachievable milestone? Even though this year's ride is over, I'm still enjoying the ride of these championship caliber Seahawks.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I should have titled the thread "A Skoach of Depression Today". I'm not overly bummed, just a tad.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I feel the same way about not having the game against GB in Seattle today.... The only good news on my end is; I didn't have to spend hours trying to find tickets to the game and put out a lot of money for Airfare from Boise, Hotel in Seattle, etc... etc...etc... in Seattle... It is a money saver, but a heartbreaker! :(

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
xStickybudz":2aikj4ia said:
Ya I'm pretty damn bummed, but if any of you are watching ATL is completely dismantling Green Bay. It wasn't our year this year, but at least we put up more of a fight then this

We really didn't. Not on defense.

seabowl

Reaction score
Hauschka just make the kick against AZ and we're home last week and maybe home PLAYING this week.

Shoulda woulda Hauschka.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Of course everyone would like to be in the NFCCG but I felt much worse after 2012 when I thought we had a good enough team to go to the SB. This year's team had no business going any further than they did, neither did last year's.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":nq56aaxg said:
I should have titled the thread "A Skoach of Depression Today". I'm not overly bummed, just a tad.

Well if it makes you feel better, we have a young talented team.

Our division stinks. The only problem I see us facing is that AZ was so bad this year that it puts them in line for a shot at a young QB to rebuild with when Palmer hangs em up. We're looking at a Patriots esque run coming up in terms of division wins and playoffs.

Also, this draft looks tailor made for us in terms of our needs on defense. I honestly think that a deep playoff run hinges on our young OL getting better with experience, and possibly nabbing one Tackle to shore up at least one edge.

One last thing: every year there seems to be a dominant team in the NFC. They go to the SuperBowl and everyone is like "wow, they're primed to be soooo good. Who's going to beat them next year?" And every year they fall on their face. Everyone but us. Panthers, then you have us, us, then NINERS.

When you have our defense, a good QB, and good coaching and GM you're always in it.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Atlanta (especially on defense) has looked like the Seahawks of a few years ago this playoffs; angry, arrogant, brotherly, and playing to win. I miss the aggressiveness Quinn shows on that side of the ball, no matter how much they were up.

Seahawks just need an offseason of reflection. The core is still intact, a very young roster that needs some depth churning, and an evaluation of what didn't work. I'm hopeful they go into this season ready to fix the weaknesses.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm not bummed we are not still playing because we clearly don't deserve it. That writing has been on the wall since the AZ loss, and even prior to that. I'm more pissed that the offense and their crap show this year was flat out an embarrassment to the team much of the year. I expect next year to go pretty much the same, unless there are serious changes which are looking very unlikely.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
There will be some player changes and we'll get healthy and more experienced, so very enthused for next season.