Killer instinct

chris98251

Reaction score
What we seen from Atlanta today is what I have and still hope we can do in Seattle, Quinn allowed the team to score and then play aggressive defense, playing down hill on both sides of the ball, looking at that effect on the Packers it took their heart, Rodgers couldn't even bring up enough emotion to throw his normal tantrums, they took their will away.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
chris98251":2e6wfshv said:
What we seen from Atlanta today is what I have and still hope we can do in Seattle, Quinn allowed the team to score and then play aggressive defense, playing down hill on both sides of the ball, looking at that effect on the Packers it took their heart, Rodgers couldn't even bring up enough emotion to throw his normal tantrums, they took their will away.

This is why Pete Carroll is approaching the end of the road in his career. He's been figured out and is too arrogant to adapt his style. Too often he takes the pedal off hoping a reincarnation of the 2013 defense.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Youre damn right, off note love to see greenbay take a nice L

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3rdkbfcf said:
chris98251":3rdkbfcf said:

This is why Pete Carroll is approaching the end of the road in his career. He's been figured out and is too arrogant to adapt his style. Too often he takes the pedal off hoping a reincarnation of the 2013 defense.

I think this is where it lies the fault and I've actually posted during the Wilson Contract negotiation to give him the money, but don't extend the defensive player's money who's going into their 2nd or 3rd contract as we needed hungrier players, and due to our defensive starters getting injured more often than not we needed new players who can emerge under their shadows. Problem is that our depth has not looked well over the last 2-3 years. A top 10 offense and top 15 defense would get us to the SB if we allocated the right money in the right area.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ludakrishna":teapqm3t said:
chris98251":teapqm3t said:

I think a quick fix at both Coord positions and o-line coach position would do wonders for future success.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1szcb3qd said:
ludakrishna":1szcb3qd said:
chris98251":1szcb3qd said:

I think a quick fix at both Coord positions and o-line coach position would do wonders for future success.

As much I agree with you, but let's be honest, when is that ever going to happen?

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1w5mzpqe said:
chris98251":1w5mzpqe said:

Don't be down on Pete, it's typical for most coaches to embrace players that got them where they are at, Belichek being unusual in that aspect, coaches tend to hold on to guys that have performed in the past or are good personalities or leaders past the point of them being the players they were.

This is where a GM or someone that can get in his ear and tell him the reality is invaluable, we may need to make a somewhat radical change to get back ahead of the curve, we have been adapted to, we have been replicated, we have maintained a constant where we need to make a change again to make teams adapt to us, our offense does not impose it's will on teams, our defense has been banged up and do not instill fear on the level of the past, were good but don't have that additional edge.

We need to come back next year with a mean streak and a cutthroat mentality on offense and defense again.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Ehh, some of you blame Carroll. I think we have high standards BUT, I think those high standards were set by Quinn. I think if Quinn comes back to our defense, we would once again be the LOB

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Scorpion05":4ptjduhu said:
Ehh, some of you blame Carroll. I think we have high standards BUT, I think those high standards were set by Quinn. I think if Quinn comes back to our defense, we would once again be the LOB

We went to our first Super Bowl before Quinn, LOB was built by Pete, Bradley, Richard and John Schneider.

Quinn helped the D line and was more aggressive in his play calling which I miss but he wasn't Moses.

He was not so eager to go to soft zone defense as well.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":124beece said:
Scorpion05":124beece said:

We went to our first Super Bowl before Quinn, LOB was built by Pete, Bradley, Richard and John Schneider.

Quinn helped the D line and was more aggressive in his play calling which I miss but he wasn't Moses.

He was not so eager to go to soft zone defense as well.

No, Quinn was the D coordinator for both superbowls. Unless youre referring to the Holmgren era. Bradley left after the 2012 divisional loss to Atlanta.

As to the OP, I agree the team hasn't had the killer instinct the last couple years. An infusion of youth and unproven angry players will fix that

adeltaY

Reaction score
Quinn wasn't really a Carroll guy though, was he? Maybe that means something given our success, but maybe we're just looking at a coach who's having a great year and searching for connections between that and our poor year. I think the reason the LoB looks worse is because of a lack of talent and more injuries. Sherm was hurt for 8ish games, Kam was out for 5, and Earl missed the last five. Then we have Shead and Lane. Shead looked good early in the season, but suffered against tougher opponents, while Lane just hasn't been that great all season.

So jealous of the Broncos having two CB1 level guys in Talib and Harris.... it's time the Hawks drafted someone to serve as that stud corner alongside Sherman. Do that and Earl back, give Sherm time to heal, pray Kam can stay healthy, sign Calais Campbell, and this defense could legitimately be better than 2013.

mrblitz

Reaction score
we never replaced brandon browner.

king from the huskies might be that type of player.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1mjxueq4 said:
chris98251":1mjxueq4 said:

Don't want to call him arrogant, but agree his method has gone stale and opposing coaches sure as hell don't fear him.

Pete looked tired toward the end of this season. That fatigue was an extension of his being "off" IMO during Training Camp. The whole camp felt different, less intense/focused, etc. I wasn't the only one thinking "Uh-Oh, this don't feel right." Was far different that the earlier camps during the PC era.

Joygazm

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":w42g2id9 said:
the ultimate jump ship blame game never ceases to amaze me with our fanbase...

Ahmen, 2 years ago it was is Pete the greatest coach in the NFC. Now it is should we think of making a change. People become entitled just like they proclaim the people in the franchise of being.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
If Carroll no longer has the killer instinct, the team never will. His stubbornness to change could possibly haunt this team and his firm, set-in-his-ways approach is a form of arrogance. He has shown he wants to be surrounded by those he thinks he trusts as opposed to those that would be the most effective or provide a new jumpstart.

Stagnation leads ultimately to frustration. I fear this truly wonderful era of Seahawk football will be marred by troubling what-if and could've been questions. Here's hope to a better new year.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":g71pshxi said:
If Carroll no longer has the killer instinct, the team never will. His stubbornness to change could possibly haunt this team and his firm, set-in-his-ways approach is a form of arrogance. He has shown he wants to be surrounded by those he thinks he trusts as opposed to those that would be the most effective or provide a new jumpstart.

Stagnation leads ultimately to frustration. I fear this truly wonderful era of Seahawk football will be marred by troubling what-if and could've been questions. Here's hope to a better new year.

Good word you used - "STAGNANT."

Hawks felt stagnant this past season. Hope they can change it up for next year.

Fans need to demand they do just that.

Those tix ain't cheap!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Pete's ideologies and philosophies run deep and are as much about life as they are about football to him. I can tell you it draws me to him as both a person and a coach. Maybe some of you feel the same way. When it comes to football, his concepts and fundamental philosophies have worked well and will continue to be effective.

blue 22

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1mis2eqm said:
ludakrishna":1mis2eqm said:
chris98251":1mis2eqm said:

Don't want to call him arrogant, but agree his method has gone stale and opposing coaches sure as hell don't fear him.

Pete looked tired toward the end of this season. That fatigue was an extension of his being "off" IMO during Training Camp. The whole camp felt different, less intense/focused, etc. I wasn't the only one thinking "Uh-Oh, this don't feel right." Was far different that the earlier camps during the PC era.

Watch the espn 30 for 30 85 chicago bears documentary on netflix. Reminds me of what the hawks are going through. Hopefully they can get a few more before it is too late.