It Should Have Been Us

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If we would have just won one more game in the regular season, we would have had the first round bye. We would have hosted the Falcons and beat them. Then we would have beat the banged up Packers. We just missed out on the easiest road to the SB. :(

crosfam

Reaction score
I am as big a Hawk fan as any (I cried in 1984, and 2006 crushed me), but the way they are playing I think the Falcons would have beat us in Seattle. It would have been closer, but I think it is their year - barring a great two weeks of prep by the AFC.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Odds would have been on our side, even if ATL is the better team. We don't lose at the Clink...at least not much. We would have been favored in that game, so at worst we would of had a chance. And zero chance Rodgers and that banged up Packers team was going to come in and beat us.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":vvwnh8qn said:
Odds would have been on our side, even if ATL is the better team. We don't lose at the Clink...at least not much. We would have been favored in that game, so at worst we would of had a chance. And zero chance Rodgers and that banged up Packers team was going to come in and beat us.

We lost to the Cardinals in December, with a 2 seed on the line... at the CLink. This team didn't have it this year. Whether you think it was the OC, DC, injuries, OL poopfest, slumping kicker, or all of them... it wouldn't have mattered.

It would be nice if Russ had as much time to sit in the pocket and scan through his progressions 3 times before throwing a pass. Heck, it would be nice if he could get a snap and drop back period... what a dumpster fire.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
idahohawk":30wz0cjz said:
Hawk-Lock":30wz0cjz said:

We lost to the Cardinals in December, with a 2 seed on the line... at the CLink. This team didn't have it this year. Whether you think it was the OC, DC, injuries, OL poopfest, slumping kicker, or all of them... it wouldn't have mattered.

It would be nice if Russ had as much time to sit in the pocket and scan through his progressions 3 times before throwing a pass. Heck, it would be nice if he could get a snap and drop back period... what a dumpster fire.

I understand what you're saying.

NFL is matchups. We matchup poorly with the Cards, like we do with the rest of the NFC West teams. I still think we would have matched up well with an indoor Falcons team at the CLink. Dome teams always look a lot different when they have to play outside.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I agree with Idahohawk. It was not our year. It showed throughout the year and in the playoffs. It is frustrating because we know this team is capable (at least everyone but the o-line) of so much more. I do feel with any of the offensive lines that played today they could have made the Superbowl this year. I feel that is the single biggest reason they did not compete well as they could have this year.

The two teams there now deserve it. The Hawks didn't.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Beat the Falcons? Unlikely - even at home. Not with the injuries we had and the lingering offensive issues.

Atlanta is legit good. Good enough to win it all.

This year's Hawks?

No, don't think they were ever really in the running for a SB this season.

evergreen

Reaction score
Russell wasn't playing lights out like Mat is. If he was we'd still be playing...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
evergreen":25v4hjs9 said:
Russell wasn't playing lights out like Mat is. If he was we'd still be playing...

Agreed, and that began when he showed up Day One at Training Camp looking much heavier/slower.

The whole team on both sides of the ball never really clicked for an extended period of time this season. From the O-Line struggles, to injuries, personnel issues, etc., it was a rough one, and Pete's fatigue toward the end put a face to how tough this season was.

There's always next year.

This Super Bowl could be a great one, though. Two QB's at the top of their game, and two seriously talented coaches going head-to-head.

Rob12

Reaction score
Not our year at all. I'm honestly surprised we won 10 games with the injuries and obvious division among the players and coaches. Team never felt like they wanted it, and their focus was lacking.

Talent is still there, not sure anymore if the hunger is. And that goes for both players and coaches.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Rob12":jp8q1p28 said:
Not our year at all. I'm honestly surprised we won 10 games with the injuries and obvious division among the players and coaches. Team never felt like they wanted it, and their focus was lacking.

Talent is still there, not sure anymore if the hunger is. And that goes for both players and coaches.

:2thumbs: That's how it feels to me, hope I'm wrong.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
So much pessimism in this thread.

10-5-1.

The playoffs are not some litmus test where DVOA rightfully wins. It's a series of football games where the team that executes better wins. We - the Seahawks - proved that in 2010. You guys, of all NFL fans, should know that.

We could have beaten the Falcons with better execution. They were not out of reach because of some mysterious quality designation. The Falcons executed. We didn't. Season.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Rob12":368o529p said:

Sadly, totally agree.

Lack of hunger/focus/respect - etc.

Whatever it was, Hawks never felt with it this season. They had some good games here and there, but for the most part, so inconsistent from the coaching on down.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2zj03mm8 said:
So much pessimism in this thread.

10-5-1.

The playoffs are not some litmus test where DVOA rightfully wins. It's a series of football games where the team that executes better wins. We - the Seahawks - proved that in 2010. You guys, of all NFL fans, should know that.

We could have beaten the Falcons with better execution. They were not out of reach because of some mysterious quality designation. The Falcons executed. We didn't. Season.
There's quite a bit more to it than execution. I'm not in agreement with this thread in general, because we had MULTIPLE chances and blew them; but execution's only one out of several important pieces that comprise the puzzle.

chris98251

Reaction score
Should of would of could of is for losers, we lost we need to grow from it and be angrier and hungrier next season. That's players and staff.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Woulda....Coulda.....Shoulda......That's what we've heard the past two years. It "coulda" been us if we had beaten AZ at Home last month. Teams play tough in the NFL.....we need to play "tougher" bottom line.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Green Bay would have wiped the floor with us.

Just like they did earlier.

And we needed everything we had to beat the Falcons at home, in the last minutes of the game. Even then, we were saved by a few key plays, one of which was a penalty. And that was with a full strength Earl Thomas.

Both teams were better than us, and it showed by them going farther than us.

With an opportunity to put the Hawks in the driver's seat - we came to the party with one of the worse offensive performances in multiple games. Not exactly putting the game in hand. With Earl Thomas out, and the defense needing the offense to carry the team for once, we again crapped the bed.

We beat the Lions. But since they suck in the playoffs, and their QB was playing with a hurt hand, not sure that was impressive on any level.

But then the Falcons shelled us, so claiming we should have been there is ridiculous. Based on how we played in the home stretch we barely deserved to make the playoffs at all.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
idahohawk":1piogu4o said:
Falcons would have carved us up at the CLink too.
Sadly, I hate to say it, but I agree. With Earl and Lockett I would have given us more of a chance, with the injury situation I think we would have lost.