Lack of a Better Title (Some Positive Rambling)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hello, its me again. That guy. If you dare, put on your reading glasses. Find a nice toilet or any comfortable seat and prepare. Its another long one (no pun intended) of a post.

It might be important to remember this team in the last 5 years has won 56 games out 80 possible regular season games. This team hasn't lost less than 10 in any season in a league that tends to balance out for parity.

There has been periods in the past where 10 win seasons would have been a huge achievement. Now it seems like 10 win seasons are as demoralizing as 6 win or below season.

Keep in mind that in the last 5 years, this team has won 8 out of 12 possible playoff games, 9 out of 13 under Carroll with 2 Superbowl appearances, and 1 Lombardi.

We are and we have been one of the few elite teams of this decade, sure the results never go as expected, but only the Patriots can say they've been better.

I understand the calls for change. But I think it's a bit premature. Just l
look at the fans who havent tasted any success for some time, look at teams who have been up and down one year to the next.

Look around the league and see how teams have transformed themselves because of the Seahawks especially on Defense and teams that transformed thier approach to beat the Seahawks.

Look at the NFL, constantly trying to minimize Seahawks success, first by enforcing defensive holding and contact, 2ndly, seemingly putting us to higher standard of execution, the bully must be watched. And then turn around and help lead the outcry on the controveries that villianize us.

Look at our own adversities, internal conflicts, and study our injury history and still this team has won 64 of 92 games through it all. We've been privvy to only 28 losses in the last 5 years. There are probably a couple of teams have amounted 28 losses of regular season games in just 2 seasons.

What Carroll, Schnieder, and Co. have been doing is working, the roster they put on the field has been strong. But of the many things they can't control is Health (Injuries, Fatigue etc), Luck, and Officiating. At times you have all three working against you and it produces bad results.

This team is has been has built it success on luck for instance broken plays that Wilson Houdinis up some magic, hitting on deep throws and the Defense creating turnovers. You look at 2016, those 3 things the team didn't have success at.

Health is huge... In a vacuum, I would say all injuries have more or less evened out culmative talent to their respective seasons. For instance, in 2013, Seahawks lost Okung, Giac, Unger, Miller for like 23 total games. You could the level of talent on the Oline at times was similar to 2016 Oline.

However, the 2 things that nullified bad O-Line play was Wilson and Lynch.

In 2016, we saw what an immobile Wilson looked like without a consistent running game. It was difficult.

We finally saw what Earl Thomas is worth to this defense, and why he's the most important player in what the Seahawks scheme. He might be the most valuable player in comparison to any player on any defense in the league.

You immobilize Wilson in 2013, and take Thomas out 6 of the last 7 plus playoffs the results probably would have been similar as 2016. 10-11 wins. Wild-Card berth bc SFO. If they make it to the NFC CG, do the Seahawks win what was pretty much a stalemate of a game @ Candlestick. That's even with the superior defensive depth, even with Lynch.

2016 was bad in a sense, because the amounting injuries that prevented the Seahawks find any consistent groove, lack of roster competition we've seen in the past, and a lot growing pains from the younger inexperienced players, and but at a point the team was 7-2-1. Beating both SB contenders and the only team to hand Tom Brady a loss as well. Monumentum was building, then we lost 2 of our biggest game changers in Prosise and Thomas.

But I saw bright things in the future, health withstanding.

Wilson probably matured through his adversity, his mobility has been one of the keys to his own and to the teams overall success. I see an off-season of dedication getting that back.

Rawls, Prosise, and Collins have tons of potential to be a monster RBBC. You keep the first two healthy watch out. If the Seahawks can hit on a big nasty tough as nails type to add a short yardage force but still with potential to be a work horse would round out the group.

An importance of a FB that can both lead block and receive. If Seahawks cant retain Reece, then find someone similar to him or Mike Rob.

The WR/TE corps look good with or without Lockett, Baldwin is establishing himself as an elite WR, Graham has potential to grow even more considering the year he had coming off that brutal injury. Richardson and McEvoy look like they are capable players, that will push Kearse to up his game. Vannett will have a year under his belt.

You have a solid nucleus of Oline talent with Fant, Glowinski, Britt, Ifedi, Odhiambo, Hunt, and whether or not Gilliam comes back as an RFA. Not good or great, but you don't lose any one significant and considering the inexperience and raw ability the upside looks hopeful. You definately hope the team continues to add depth and competition but it's really the first time since 2012 to 2013, where the Seahawks have the ability/resources to easily return thier top 7 guys. Back then it was Okung, McQuistan/Carpenter, Unger/LJP, Sweezy, Giacomini. 8 if you count Mofitt/Sowell. Since then you lost Giac, McQuistan in '14, Unger, Carp in '15, and Okung, Sweezy in '16. LJP failed to make the initial roster in '15 before coming back after the Nowak debacle.

It's also exciting what Britt could do as a first year starter, and more exciting in wondering how much better he can be staying in a locked position for the first time in his career. The OGs were pretty similar to Carp/Sweezy first years at OG. Wildly inconsistent but you can see the potential with flashed of dominant play. Book ends leave a lot to be desired, questions about Fant... You challenge him this off-season and you challenge him with competition because for someone as raw as he was, with as little football experience had, to be able to to not only contribute but start as a rookie despite mixed results showed that he can be developed into something even if its just a serviceable backup. But how high Fant' s ceiling can go you really can't project. I have a gut feel that Odhiambo will grow into a Pro bowl caliber player down the road i, which is a huge assumption considering he was a mere backup on one of the worst lines. Gilliam if retained, I think can be serviceable if not solid. I think he just lost faith, training to be the LT last off-season then being relegated back to RT because of the dissapointment that was Webb and losing precious snaps to Sowell due to injury in TC and Cable's affinity in living raw project players (Fant). Then because a lack of immediate competion at RT and working with a rookie, he just kind of went through the motions until Cable lit a fire under his ass. I think there is still some room to growth for Gilliam but you do question if he has the toughness to stick.

I think the Dline is going to get better... Avril, Bennett, and Rubin are still elite at what they bring. Reed, Clark, and Marsh all were quality in their roles and are entering thier 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seasons respectively with the team having more understanding what their strengths. Q.Jefferson is the wildcard, he may turn out to be a Clinton McDonald or another Jordan Hill. However, you have a strong returning nucleus to build depth around.

Lbers and Secondary are the same, you have a list of key players at the top, they you hope stay healthy but then relatively little depth.

This seems like a solid draft for DBs and re-enforcing the Secondary is vital, with the LOB aging and starting to amassing injuries. Lane is on the hot seat after this season, he out of any singular player considering their experience that is still on roster maybe other than Kearse, probably need to look at themselves hard this off-season, and work on refining and strengthening games. Kearse has be always inconsistent but his clutch factor was non-existant. Lane, though, looked as bad as Cary Williams.

So, the biggest opportunity this off-season isnt Oline its in the Secondary. Adding bodies, adding competition, kind of revitalizing the unit. In the college forum, I half joked drafting the 3 huskies DBs in rounds 1-3. More realistically, if the Seahawks don't lose a second rounder, I would be happy with Budda Baker in the first, as Earl insurance, and a guy that can challenge or play Nickel if moving Lane outside is better for him and us. Then Kevin King in the 2nd. To either challenge the starting RCB role or develop has a potential Sherman replacement as depth.

Wright has stepped up his game to elite status with Wagner stepping up as an All Pro/DPOY status. Two guys Seahawks can build around, you hit on a fresh young SAM that can complement then the Seahawks front 7 will be one of the best in the NFL.

If I can only make 12 key moves this off-season it would be:

1. Re-sign Hauscka (3 yrs, 3 m per with incentives on XP)
2. Re-sign Reece (2 yrs, 1.5 per or less, Mike Rob 2.0)
3. Re-sign McDaniel (1 yr, 2m per or less, had a solid year)
4. Re-sign Thorpe (1 yr, 1.5m or less for ST/CB depth)
5. Re-sign McCray (2 yrs, 1.5-2m per, just for lack of SS depth, but McCray will likely get a starting opportunity from someone with double the pay)
6. Extend Britt (4 years, bright future with potential to be a top tier OC, get him early and off the market).
7. Extend Kam (2 years, make him happy with an added $B, gaurantees for morale)
8. Extend Graham (2-3 years, I think he's worth it, him and Russ will continue to grow together)
9. (If FA) Sign Okung (1 yr, 6-7 per with another 1-2 m of incentives, allow Fant to develop behind a vet)
10. (If FA) Sign Giacomini (1 yr, vet min for veteran depth, competition, nastiness)
11. Draft Budda Baker in 1st Round
12. Draft Kevin King in 2nd Round
Bonus: Sign Gresham :)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good post. However, winning 10 games when they should have won 12 is what has people up in arms (including myself).Yes, it's difficult to win games in the NFL. I get that. However, the way they lost the 5 games they did left a sour taste in mouths. Those are games the 2012, 2013, and 2014 teams won or found a way to win. The past two seasons, it seemed as though the team found ways to lose those types of games. They have lost their identity and are getting outmuscled consistently in games. They were finishing games poorly in many cases. Of course there are many factors - injuries and what not. The 2012-2014 teams built lofty expectations and most of the core of the team is still there. So the expectations are still high. That's the issue. Team needs to get back to the level of 2012-2014 team. It can be done, they've done it before.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm on board with your optimism. Much of the disappointment with 2016 seems to involve rose colored glasses with previous seasons as we gloss over the narrow victories that came down to an inch here or there on a single play.

I wouldn't mind your plan too much, but the real question is whether we lose our comparative advantage at secondary development when we throw resources at it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Okay some good stuff some bad

Bad
"You have a solid nucleus of Oline talent with Fant, Glowinski, Britt, Ifedi, Odhiambo, Hunt, and whether or not Gilliam comes back as an RFA." Yeah no we are solid guard to guard but tackles not even close, They are god aweful

"In 2016, we saw what an immobile Wilson looked like without a consistent running game. It was difficult. " no we saw what an immobile Wilson with a crap oline can do, and like any Qb it was tough. Given a good line even an immobile Wilson could tear the league apart

the rest okay we will see

Hyak

Reaction score
To your point, the window to win Super Bowls with this core team is still open for a couple of more years but the challenges are much more difficult than they were in 2013 because every core player has gotten paid whereas back them we had 3 or 4 players under rookie deals while performing as stars. Even the 2014 team that made the SB was not nearly as good as the 2013 squad. As a result, the incredible depth that team had defensively is gone along with a veteran OL.

In addition, as the core gets older, the odds for injuries become a bigger factor and we have seen it over the last couple of years for sure. 2016 could be an aberration or it could be a preview of more to come.

The drafting has to improve. 2013/2014 drafts yielded one long term starter and that was Britt. 2015 and 2016 look like they may be better mainly due to Clark, Lockett, and Prosise but time will tell.

Schadie001

Reaction score
I work with a Brown's fan. Every time I start getting negative about the Hawks I can always go to his office to cheer me up. They are on like their 44th QB in IDK how many years, they haven't been above .500 in oh since like the 80's and are always shuffling in different coaches with the same result. We have made the playoffs almost every year, won the division almost every year, and went to 2 SB's winning one of them since Pete and Co. have taken the helm.

We are just getting spoiled...

Hyak

Reaction score
I'd agree that fans are somewhat spoiled by a level of sustained success that this team had never achieved before the PC era.

That said, I think the frustration comes from seeing an opportunity to be a true dynasty or all-time great team slipping away. I think that underlies some of the friction between the defense and the offense/offensive coaches as closing the deal in SB49 would have done that.

byau

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":ory9x99f said:
1. Re-sign Hauscka (3 yrs, 3 m per with incentives on XP)

Interesting. I wouldn't do the incentives. I'd definitely have him go see Russ's guy or maybe Georges St. Pierre's guy (after Georges loss to Matt Serra in the UFC, he definitely bounced back)

As an example of when it can go wrong, Nick Anderson's contract the next year after he BRICKED the two free throws, he had a contract incentive based on made free throws. So all he is doing is thinking about not missing free throws, worked out the opposite and it became an obsession in his mind and he couldn't perform anymore after that.

I remember that his play really was not good after that, thought it was the FT's. After learning this, I can see how this would have carried on that obsession of thinking about FTs

[/quote]

2. Re-sign Reece (2 yrs, 1.5 per or less, Mike Rob 2.0)

Saw a lot in Reece, hope we can keep him

Bonus: Sign Gresham :)

:D

I agree on fixing the kicker. As much as it's easy to blame the long snapper, saving even that little bit of money helped us with signings when guys got injured. I'm guessing we stay with a young long snapper whether it's one of the guys we used this year or not

Nice write up my friend!

Hustle_Wilson

Reaction score
JTB":bz1b2ob6 said:
That said, I think the frustration comes from seeing an opportunity to be a true dynasty or all-time great team slipping away. I think that underlies some of the friction between the defense and the offense/offensive coaches as closing the deal in SB49 would have done that.

Agreed. Pete preaches how he wants to do things better than they've been done before and it rubs off on the players. Look at who has flared up this season - Sherm and Bennett, who both had infamous reactions to that fateful play. The loss itself would've been considerably less painful if it happened in a more normal fashion. Getting stuffed or turning it over on downs could have been looked at as a valiant effort to battle through all of the injuries to the secondary and Avril. Instead, it is a Buckner moment.

Josea16

Reaction score
1. Nothing incentive laden for Houshska.
2. Our OL issues aren't with our Center or Guards.
3. Gresham isn't coming back for whatever reason.
4. Yes, keep Reece if possible.
5. Good plan concerning the secondary especially given the draft is deep with difference makers at all those positions. If we target that high we will get someone or maybe multiple someone's that will be elite and possibly right from the start.

I like the optimism and great post. I always enjoy reading your thoughts even when I don't agree. Good job and keep them coming. :)

* Yes, Joe can read and doesn't mind reading long posts if they have substance and value unlike most of mine. :mrgreen:

nash72

Reaction score
JTB":t1u5vr4n said:

Yep. To only win one SB title with this nucleus of players isnt a shame, its a crime. This team went from people throwing the word Dynasty around to just a team that won one SB and is more remembered for the one we lost. The window is quickly closing if there even is one left. Unfortunately I think 2016 paved the way for whats to come rather than just being a fluke.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm optimistic that we will win another Super Bowl in the next 3 years.

Here's why:

1. Our quarterback seems to add a dimension to his game and become a more complete player each and every year. This upcoming season I fully expect him to gain that confidence to throw better balls in tighter windows or even throw a receiver open.

2. Our core players are still relatively young. Veteran leaders hungry for a title are always a good thing.

3. Our offensive line will get better. We've seen these guys with all the rough edges, so now it's time for that unit to show the time invested will yield growth. Think of them as a band that is playing together in a garage and an occasional high school gig for the first time. Eventually they'll find their rhythm, start playing bigger and better bars and eventually a stadium near you. They might have to swap out their drummer (Gilliam maybe?), but the nucleus of the group remains intact, has a feel for one another and starts clicking together.

4. Still one of the league's best defenses. When Earl returns, does anyone really believe we won't return to being the stingiest points-allowed D? We do need to find that other corner either through the draft or a guy like Lane, Elliott, Seisay, Thorpe or Desir has to emerge. Shead does some nice things, but I don't think he can be that guy. Need to get back to a plus-turnover margin too.

5. Our receiving corps could really be the most-rounded in the league. Fully healthy and with both the line's and Russell's emergence as spelled out above, look out. Jimmy set a team season record for reception yardage for a tight end this season; that and his touchdown numbers will be even better next year.

6. Run game will be more reliable (see line play). A healthy Prosise gives us needed versatility out of the backfield.

7. The Pete factor. He has built this machine of ours in his image and even in a year hamstrung by major injuries, we patched together a double-digit, playoff-win product. That's impressive. What's even more impressive is that's the floor of his creation. In other words, with fewer adjustments than just about any team out there, we have the power to find that winning edge and climb to the top of the league again. When all those things I described come together, think of how powerful that momentum will be.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1pegyqu6 said:

Here's why:

1. Our quarterback seems to add a dimension to his game and become a more complete player each and every year. This upcoming season I fully expect him to gain that confidence to throw better balls in tighter windows or even throw a receiver open.

2. Our core players are still relatively young. Veteran leaders hungry for a title are always a good thing.

3. Our offensive line will get better. We've seen these guys with all the rough edges, so now it's time for that unit to show the time invested will yield growth. Think of them as a band that is playing together in a garage and an occasional high school gig for the first time. Eventually they'll find their rhythm, start playing bigger and better bars and eventually a stadium near you. They might have to swap out their drummer (Gilliam maybe?), but the nucleus of the group remains intact, has a feel for one another and starts clicking together.

4. Still one of the league's best defenses. When Earl returns, does anyone really believe we won't return to being the stingiest points-allowed D? We do need to find that other corner either through the draft or a guy like Lane, Elliott, Seisay, Thorpe or Desir has to emerge. Shead does some nice things, but I don't think he can be that guy. Need to get back to a plus-turnover margin too.

5. Our receiving corps could really be the most-rounded in the league. Fully healthy and with both the line's and Russell's emergence as spelled out above, look out. Jimmy set a team season record for reception yardage for a tight end this season; that and his touchdown numbers will be even better next year.

6. Run game will be more reliable (see line play). A healthy Prosise gives us needed versatility out of the backfield.

7. The Pete factor. He has built this machine of ours in his image and even in a year hamstrung by major injuries, we patched together a double-digit, playoff-win product. That's impressive. What's even more impressive is that's the floor of his creation. In other words, with fewer adjustments than just about any team out there, we have the power to find that winning edge and climb to the top of the league again. When all those things I described come together, think of how powerful that momentum will be.

Good post Sioux. What concerns me the most is that offensive line hasn't developed much under Cable so I hope that changes but not really counting on that to be any different. Fant and Gilliam are not NFL caliber players. Neither was Nowak the season before. Fant does have potential but he's at backup level not starter material. Thus far they've shown they have no eye to find a decent vet or even draft an adequate lineman. This has impacted RW. He feels the need to rush a throw or run for his life on each play. That impacts his decision making. He regressed in that dept a bit because of the lack of consistent protection. The Oline was porous in the running game. In the years past they at least did well with run blocking (so we thought) but this year really struggled in that dept. It showed how much RW and Lynch covered up the deficiencies of the Oline while they were there.

Another concern is the defense falls apart when one key member is missing...If any one of the following guys aren't there, the defense underperforms - Kam, Earl, Bennett, Wags, Sherm, and Avril. One of these guys is out, it's like a top defense suddenly is now average at best. Just one guy. So it's like a wheel...when a spoke is out, it can't function. Other teams missed guys and were able to overcome it. Houston Texans had the #1 rated defense this season. They were without their best player on defense for most of the season. Team needs to do a better job of finding quality depth. They did that in 2013 and 2014. They lost their way a little bit in 2015 and 2016 seasons. They need to regain that.

chris98251

Reaction score
The continual loss of defensive coaches is bound to catch up to us at some point, what we had when Pete took over and what we have now is a lot different, Pete can mandate the scheme and philosophy but the coaches we had teaching and motivating and how they motivated I think were big keys to our success.

I hope the guys they bring in are able to bring some of the Norton attitude back. Seto was a very technical guy from my understanding and was big on the schemes.

The offense, well we can just pray that experience and OTA's will bring us up the ladder 10 notches or so to average.

Hyak

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1s01ewee said:
Good post Sioux. What concerns me the most is that offensive line hasn't developed much under Cable so I hope that changes but not really counting on that to be any different. Fant and Gilliam are not NFL caliber players. Neither was Nowak the season before. Fant does have potential but he's at backup level not starter material. Thus far they've shown they have no eye to find a decent vet or even draft an adequate lineman. This has impacted RW. He feels the need to rush a throw or run for his life on each play. That impacts his decision making. He regressed in that dept a bit because of the lack of consistent protection. The Oline was porous in the running game. In the years past they at least did well with run blocking (so we thought) but this year really struggled in that dept. It showed how much RW and Lynch covered up the deficiencies of the Oline while they were there.

Another concern is the defense falls apart when one key member is missing...If any one of the following guys aren't there, the defense underperforms - Kam, Earl, Bennett, Wags, Sherm, and Avril. One of these guys is out, it's like a top defense suddenly is now average at best. Just one guy. So it's like a wheel...when a spoke is out, it can't function. Other teams missed guys and were able to overcome it. Houston Texans had the #1 rated defense this season. They were without their best player on defense for most of the season. Team needs to do a better job of finding quality depth. They did that in 2013 and 2014. They lost their way a little bit in 2015 and 2016 seasons. They need to regain that.

The poor drafts of 2013 and 2014 along with some FA losses has eroded the level of defensive depth that the 2013/2014 teams had although note that the 2013 team clearly was deeper than 2014. In 2013, Avril and Bennett didn't even start and the team was able to plug in guys like Maxwell and Thurmond into key roles once Browner went out with the suspension. The 4th quarter of SB 49 showed that with Avril and Lane out and 3 of the LOB being hobbled.

The challenge is that the Seahawks scouting methods (SPARQ, measurement standards) are better known now due to the copy cat nature of things. Add that back then Carroll and much of his staff had a great feel for prospects coming into the draft based on their college recruiting and coaching experiences.

You take a look at the roster across the board and the lack of depth is glaring.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2uov8yej said:

This is my biggest concern going forward, the inability of Pete's most famous mantra "next man up."

It's an issue on both sides of the ball, but especially the D. The drop off between guys like Kam/McCrae, Shead/Pope and Thomas/Terrell is WAY too big.

Pete and John have to get back to mining the draft and FA to find the next group of great young players. Or I fear the defense will continue to decline.

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":323nmypz said:

Here's why:

I understand RW was injured most of last season and there isnt a QB i'd rather have, but I thought he regressed last season. I've always thought he throws a poor deep ball and this season was no different. Its just frustrating seeing him over throw and under throw wide open receivers down the field when other QB's like Rogers, Brady, and Ben make those throws look like routine. I just hope he regains his mobility and works on his accuracy. He's a winner regardless and thats the most important thing I guess.

Our core players are yet another year older though and most are or have battled injuries. Lots of question marks left to be answered.

They cant get any worse, can they? Possibly the worst line I have ever seen in the NFL. I have no confidence at all in Cable or the talent of the lineman we have. Seriously, those guys would be 3rd stringers on most teams and i'm praying Wilson survives another year with them. Is everybody going to chant 'Next Man Up' when Boykin is starting for half the season next year?

The lack of depth and talent at some positions are starting to get exposed. Earl may never be the same player after that broken leg. Sherman is coming off an injury he played with for most of the season. Kam isnt close to the player he used to be. Shead, Lane, or whoever are always getting picked on. Bennett was injured some this past season and looked old to me. I was against resigning him and I didnt feel our pass rush was as good as the numbers and analytics propose it was. Richard needs to prove himself this season also in my opinion. We are the worst team at blitzing also. We never get to the QB it seems when we do blitz. Again, frustrating. Sure, the D is still good and we play in a terrible division, but i'm not seeing a whole lot of improvement here from last season if any.

I have little complaints with the WR corp, but a legitimate #1 would be nice. Even with Graham setting franchise records for us last year, it was still his worst season in terms of numbers except for his rookie year and last season when he was hurt of course, plus our redzone offense stunk, so theres a lot of room for improvement there. Kearse needs to spend more time on special teams instead of starting at WR too.

This is probably a pipe dream. Rawls is hurt every year and Prosise lasted about 2 games before he was out. Collins is still an unknown enigma, but I dont think anybody is seeing much upside from him. The RB position needs attention and more depth. Especially with a line that will more than likely be below average and thats with improvements.

This might be our biggest problem going forward. Even you stated, few adjustments are ever made and the team isnt built to carry on his philosophy anymore. We cant rely on the defense to bail out the offense anymore, and we certainly dont have the running game to dictate any type of tempo and long sustaining drives. He has his fair share of games where we are blatantly outcoached and his loyalty to a fault is growing old. He needs to quit being every players friend and more of a leader in my opinion. I dont feel the players are all in at this point, and something needs to happen soon, before this talent is completely wasted.

Sorry, i'm just not satisfied with backing into the playoffs as a Wildcard and getting booted everytime we hit the road. This team has lost its swagger and the rest of the NFL knows it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I never said we don't make adjustments. The game of football is about making adjustments and we do it with the best of them. It's one of the main reasons we traditionally finish strong.

As I said, this season finished a little short of our expectations, but in lieu of all our injuries and lack of experience on the offensive line, it was still a pretty solid season. For that reason, I completely believe Pete's philosophy will once again prevail and we'll win another Super Bowl in the next 3 years.