Looking Back at Beastmode

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That article made my day, thank you for sharing.

Deep down, he's one of the most thoughtful pro athlete you could ever meet. It's too bad he's been so misunderstood from the main media types.

I miss him too. We all do. Hopefully he keeps up the great work with his charity

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Everybody saying that going for a RB in this Draft, is a "Luxury" that we can't afford...I ask, Do we have ANYONE remotely close to the 'do-it-all' 'EDGE' that Marshawn Lynch gave to our Offense on the roster right now? NOPE!
And though it's unlikely that there's anyone in the upcoming Draft that would be able to come close to replacing ML, does that mean that we shouldn't even try?
May as well tie one of Wilson's hands behind his back, as RW CANNOT do it all by himself, he is in dire need of either getting an all Pro O-Line, OR, another side-kick that can help him get the Offense back to some respectability.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
This franchise will never have a running back remotely close to Marshawn ever again. He was a true franchise running back. Rawls ain't that guy. Prosise ain't that guy. Pope (sorry all you Pope fanboys) ain't that guy. I really miss watching Marshawn on the field. Pound for pound, he was the best back in the game during his time in Seattle, hands down.

chris98251

Reaction score
We had Warner, Alexander, Watters, Lynch, I think there will be another, all a bit different, all franchise backs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":pdv5zc6n said:
We had Warner, Alexander, Watters, Lynch, I think there will be another, all a bit different, all franchise backs.
I would take a Curt Warner today in a heartbeat minus him getting a knee injury of course..

evergreen

Reaction score
that Elliot dude looks serviceable... I'd say Beaste was Earl Campbell II an improved version...

TwilightError

Reaction score
I'm forever grateful that I got to see his whole Seahawks career as a fan.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i've never seen a player ever run the ball like that. lynch would turn a 1-yard run into an adventure. it might have 'only' been a 1-yard run, but it took 5 or 6 guys to eventually tackle him.

never saw anybody play the game, quite like that.

plus he had that sort of sideways running style which added to his 'uniqueness'.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
What made Lynch so good was his ability to adapt in a milli-second to the emerging opening.

He would do this sort of half-pause thing and then slide right or left, head down, and just THWUMP into defenses. That is how when he was healthy, he repeatedly turned a 1-3 yard gain into a 5-7 yard gain with the occasional big yardage run. Often underappreciated is what a quality receiver out of the backfield as well.

And by the 2nd half, opposing defenses were just plumb tired and sore from attempting to contain his bruising runs.

A GREAT HOF back - but there are/will be others out there who can be franchise style backs for the Hawks as well.It's just a matter of finding them. Until then, I will always remember with great admiration the days of BEASTMODE:

[youtube]VoENDiqBSBc[/youtube]

Latest posts