Hall of Famer Kenny Easley (update: he made it!)

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Dude was SO much fun to watch play. Every time a pass was thrown, you immediately slid forward in your seat, because you knew a hit or a pick was imminent. I get similar feelings with Kam, Earl and also when Ronnie Lott was on the tube.

I hope Kenny gets his name called. I truly do.

sutz

Reaction score
Kenny making the Hall would be awesome! We had some players back in the day, just never could put together those championship caliber teams and seasons.

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":1vayyanr said:
Kenny making the Hall would be awesome! We had some players back in the day, just never could put together those championship caliber teams and seasons.

Yes we did, if Knox would have been more flexible we may have made a deeper run, he hated relying on the QB and stuck to the run no matter what, even in situations where we had a QB that could throw and receivers on this team.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":398pdhwh said:
sutz":398pdhwh said:

Yes we did, if Knox would have been more flexible we may have made a deeper run, he hated relying on the QB and stuck to the run no matter what, even in situations where we had a QB that could throw and receivers on this team.
Well, I believe Dave Krieg did set some team passing records the year Warner went down in Game1. Ended up being our best season IIRC.

It always struck me that Knox seemed to get more conservative in the playoffs, and lost to coaches with more willingness to take chances with the season on the line. Made the playoffs a lot, but then seemed to get conservative and lose early.

drdiags

Reaction score
Fingers crossed for Easley. Hope he gets in. If he doesn't I think this is his last opportunity to do it through the Veterans committee so sending good vibes.

Dave Krieg's meltdown against the Raiders in the AFCCG, after beating them twice during the regular season probably justified in Knox's mind that he just couldn't trust Krieg. Too bad he wasn't able to get Favre and opted for Warner rather than move up to grab Elway. "Knox Tawks Hawks!!!"

Hotchy

Reaction score
For those that never saw Ease....
Think Kam, with more agility/athleticism, much better ball skills, and more hops (he could outplay most on those hail mary plays), and better top speed.
Easley would easily be able to lock up Gronk. The aggression and hitting were pretty much on par with each other.

Seafan

Reaction score
Not to knock Krieg, everyone loves Mudbone, but if the Hawks had signed Warren Moon the Hawks would have been a SB power. Bad management decision.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Was going to post this thread. #45 needs to be in the HOF! THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!!
Go Kenny!!! :2thumbs:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hotchy":2rixe5ke said:
For those that never saw Ease....
Think Kam, with more agility/athleticism, much better ball skills, and more hops (he could outplay most on those hail mary plays), and better top speed.
Easley would easily be able to lock up Gronk. The aggression and hitting were pretty much on par with each other.

Earl Thomas in Kam Chancellor's body. Yep, Kenny Easley was a beast. Really, really hope he makes it in this year.

:irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete talks about players tilting the field, Kenny Tilted the league.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I've been a seahawks fan since 84. He was one of my favorites as a kid. He used to light guys up. LOB OG!

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
repost from another related thread

Seahawk fan since 1977

A 12 since I do not know when (12 was retired in 1984 when Kenny was in his prime).

Key - Will we have 4th Seahawks - only HoFer next Saturday?

Question is when Kenny is able to sign autographs HOF will 45 join 12, 80, and 71 hanging retired in the rafters at CLink?

Will Steve, Walt, and Tez be there when Kenny is inducted into HOF?

To me retired numbers need to be Seahawks only to be retired.

Last statement could open up a lot of back and forth as we do not know who of current group will be Seahawk for life.

Go Hawks