30.5 KB · Views: 1,739
OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3gvucv5p said:
Yeah, it still pisses me off.
Every time i see anything related to XLIX i still dont get why they didnt atleast try to hand it to lynch one more time after he gained like 6 or 7 yards the play before.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Can't go there. Too soon. Although that pic of Bill having his way with Pete to the dismay of Sherm gave me a good laugh.

anonFAFA

Reaction score
RussB":3p3eo16x said:
HawkFan72":3p3eo16x said:
Yeah, it still pisses me off.
Every time i see anything related to XLIX i still dont get why they didnt atleast try to hand it to lynch one more time after he gained like 6 or 7 yards the play before.

They were gonna, is my guess. On the next play... if that one went incomplete.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm 62 years old, and I don't recall a more personally devastating loss that hit me as hard as losing SB 49 did. All I was thinking about was not scoring too early and leaving time on the clock for Brady. Losing XL was nothing compared to 49. Now comes another SB and especially since New England and Brady are back in, I'm going to have to sit and watch another 6-8 replays of the interception. Ugh.

Largent80

Reaction score
Look how open Beast is heading to the left corner. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
"Let's make the first read our worst receiver. That'll out-smart 'em."

:pukeface:

classicaaron

Reaction score
i saw the game was on tv last night and I just instantly got outraged. its such a shame because it really was a great exciting game and I would love to watch it if we would have just won. but as it is I cant stand a single image of that game. and watching the broncos seahawks superbowl is still fun but it was not that exciting with such a blow out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3qv7tgtn said:
Look how open Beast is heading to the left corner. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Beast had a body on him but the left side of the middle was open for Russ to bolt in ..The first SB pissed me off more than this one.

Largent80

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1nhmjhps said:
Largent80":1nhmjhps said:
Beast had a body on him but the left side of the middle was open for Russ to bolt in ..The first SB pissed me off more than this one.

He had a guy on him, but he had that guy beaten by at least 2 steps.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I truly will never understand the "leave too much time on the clock" argument. They hiked that ball with 26 seconds left. Give it Marshawn, take four seconds off the clock and take the lead. Then kick it to the five yardline (they won't call fair catch to save the time). Probably another six seconds comes off the clock. If Tom Brady can take it and go 30 yards (assuming the kickoff return gets all the way out to the 30 yard line) in 16 seconds (yes I realize they had two timeouts) against what is supposed to be an all world defense then you tip your cap and go at it in overtime.

So so so damn frustrating.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
I truly will never understand the "leave too much time on the clock" argument. They hiked that ball with 26 seconds left. Give it Marshawn, take four seconds off the clock and take the lead. Then kick it to the five yardline (they won't call fair catch to save the time). Probably another six seconds comes off the clock. If Tom Brady can take it and go 30 yards (assuming the kickoff return gets all the way out to the 30 yard line) in 16 seconds (yes I realize they had two timeouts) against what is supposed to be an all world defense then you tip your cap and go at it in overtime.

So so so damn frustrating
That pisses me off too. The first priority should be scoring and winning the damn game. Not chewing clock. I dont care if brady has 1 full minute left the best bet is hes not gonna score on that defense in that situation. They could have lierally played soft zone prevent to force them to go underneath and burn clock themselves if they scored. :x :x :x

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seeing it right in front of me in my seat, still gives me nightmares. But, that play isn't the reason they lost the game imo. They gave up a 10 point lead as well. Plus, losing Lane and Avril was massive.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Beating a dead horse obviously - but the media perspective is that it was the worst play call ever not to run the ball.
I still maintain throwing it was a fine play....but why oh why a slant to Lockette.
Russ has proven he has trouble accurately throwing it - and why Lockette?
It was a clear case of the playcaller trying to be too smart "they will never see it coming".

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3u7scjn4 said:
Seeing it right in front of me in my seat, still gives me nightmares. But, that play isn't the reason they lost the game imo. They gave up a 10 point lead as well. Plus, losing Lane and Avril was massive.
Kearse had a huge drop as well in the fourth. Blowing the ten point lead was also terrible, but despite all that they still were on the 1 yard line and threw a pick. Thats all everyone will remember.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":1c93pa2u said:
Beating a dead horse obviously - but the media perspective is that it was the worst play call ever not to run the ball.
I still maintain throwing it was a fine play....but why oh why a slant to Lockette.
Russ has proven he has trouble accurately throwing it - and why Lockette?
It was a clear case of the playcaller trying to be too smart "they will never see it coming".

And if you're going to throw, why the hell would you not call a rollout or bootleg so Russ would have a run/pass option and the ability to throw it away?? We should've given it to Beast anyway and whatever happens, happens.

This remains the most heartbreaking defeat as a fan I've ever experienced. I'm sure most of you feel the same.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It's also the 2-year anniversary of back-to-back Super Bowl appearances, a feat matched only by New England this century.