Should Kenny Easley's jersey be retired?

Should #45 be retired?

• Yes.

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • No.

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Absolutely. I like the precedent Seattle has set; #12 notwithstanding, only HOFers get retired numbers.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Without Doubt! It was so good to see him come out on stage to be honored!!! :irishdrinkers:

tacomahawk

Reaction score
It has mostly been in retirement for years, except for preseason, absolutely it should be retired. The thing I love most about our Hall Of Famers, they all played their entire careers with only us. Yes I know that Largent wasn't originally a Hawk, and was drafted by Houston and traded during preseason, so I don't count that.

el capitan

Reaction score
With Tez, Walter and Largent all having their numbers retired I think it would be hugely disrespectful not to retire no.45.

Josea16

Reaction score
Duh, was this a serious question? I ask only because he was the reason I started caring about the NFL and knew a team in a state directly north of me, where I lived as a preteen even had an NFL team. Kenny Easley was the best safety in NFL history no pass go under those rules. Ronnie Lott backs me, and that guy was a special kind of really good, just like Tony Poloumo. (sp).

One of my personal goals after watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2, is to get a Kenny Easley jersey. Sorry Kam but Kenny is/was far better and I hope it's one of your goals to match or top him.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
el capitan":2j68shkx said:
With Tez, Walter and Largent all having their numbers retired I think it would be hugely disrespectful not to retire no.45.

That answers a question I was going to ask. Couldn't remember if Kennedy and Jones had theirs retired after they were enshrined.

Absolutely Easley's number should be retired. Especially if theirs is.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
For all that he gave to this team and for laying it all on the line every game, his number should've been retired a long time ago.

sutz

Reaction score
Good way to start the season. Kenny raises the 12 flag, then at halftime, his Jersey is unveiled hanging in the rafters.

Guraranteed win.

:2thumbs:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Josea16":940qlhk0 said:
Duh, was this a serious question? I ask only because he was the reason I started caring about the NFL and knew a team in a state directly north of me, where I lived as a preteen even had an NFL team. Kenny Easley was the best safety in NFL history no pass go under those rules. Ronnie Lott backs me, and that guy was a special kind of really good, just like Tony Poloumo. (sp).

One of my personal goals after watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2, is to get a Kenny Easley jersey. Sorry Kam but Kenny is/was far better and I hope it's one of your goals to match or top him.

Watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is one of your personal goals? That might be the saddest thing I've ever read.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Ok, so the three people who voted no, why? Are you just being dicks, or do you really believe that his number should not be retired?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Actually I'm bothered to see any of the jersey numbers of our Ring of Honour players being used. It always bothered me to see anyone wearing 45 even before he was added to the ROH. Easley was amazing to watch, always one of all favourites, even it that means I'm a lot older than many here. Like Largent, Tez, and Walter he was a special and exceptional player. His career was cut short by how he played, the way he played was exceptional and position altering. He created the SS mould that other great players He hit like Kam and covered like Thomas. It makes me happy to see him finally recognized as a true all time great.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Absolute No Brainer. Not even a debate IMO that this should be done (and should have been done long ago).

sutz":rxiuxryg said:
Good way to start the season. Kenny raises the 12 flag, then at halftime, his Jersey is unveiled hanging in the rafters.

Guraranteed win.

:2thumbs:

I endorse this idea 100%. That would be freaking cool and absolutely appropriate. Anyone listening over there in Renton? Make it happen. :2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
tacomahawk":12xmdy57 said:
Ok, so the three people who voted no, why? Are you just being dicks, or do you really believe that his number should not be retired?
I know we have a couple of posters that are just philosophically opposed to retiring jersey numbers. :229031_shrug:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m not sure I understand why it isn't already.

How can you be in the HOF and not have your jersey retired by your own team?

crosfam

Reaction score
After time passes, retiring too many numbers can make life difficult for teams. In about 10-15 years we may have another 3-4 or more off the table (3, 25, 31, 54, 89, etc.) I think NFL HOF, if anything, should lead to number retirement. I was uncomfortable when Jerry Rice wore #80 with us, even with Largent's blessing.

For others, I like when we simply let some time pass - 10 to 20 years, etc... We did not see #10 and #17 for a while. I think we even waited a bit on #28.

pmedic920

Reaction score
On my phone,can't vote.

But I say Hell yes.

Has been one of my favs forever, obviously that has nothing to do with it but yes,especially since the other HOFs are.

#nobrainer

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Yes it should be and and so should Dave Brown.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
We need to take down the #12 to make room for it, as well as the additional champions banners. :stirthepot: