Off the hook?

Reaction score
With Atlanta's loss does this now go down as the worse loss in Super Bowl history? and take some of the heat off of the Hawk's meltdown on the goal line.
Curious to everyone's thoughts.

Seymour

Reaction score
Is what it is. Worst single play in SB history. This game is a bigger choke, but that is it.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Their is worst.

At least we won the year before. Could you imagine if we choked away our lead to Denver?

IrishNW

Reaction score
This game was something i needed. I didnt know i needed it but i needed it

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Remarkable comeback by the Patriots.

Brady might have rightfully secured GOAT honors with this win.

In no way does it alleviate the sting of our loss to them in SB XLIX.

Wonder how many more Brady has in the tank? He looks like he could go another 2-3 seasons easy.

Would love a rematch, but our Hawks have some fixin' to do.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
This is 1000x worse of a loss than our loss

1. We had just won the year before blowing the doors off Denver and Manning
2. We werent up FREAKING 25 Points with like 18 min left to go.
3. We just got hit with injuries at the worst time that year and in the game itself. LIke literally our entire secondary and even some DL were injured.

ringless

Reaction score
@MoneyLynch
I kno y I didn't get the ball now. Yes Lawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Yep off the hook, I was telling everyone in chat I felt better about things after this game.

Boom84

Reaction score
No, and feel terrible for Coach Quinn who has this to add to the nightmare of Super Bowl XLIX.

razor150

Reaction score
Quinn never learns it seems. I wish I could be surprised the Falcons choked, but I'm not. You can't blame our loss completely on the defense, if the offense hadn't been completely useless for most of the game we'd have won, but seeing our defense continually trying to do the same things that didn't work before didn't really help either.

Largent80

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":37wj0o87 said:
This is 1000x worse of a loss than our loss

1. We had just won the year before blowing the doors off Denver and Manning
2. We werent up FREAKING 25 Points with like 18 min left to go.
3. We just got hit with injuries at the worst time that year and in the game itself. LIke literally our entire secondary and even some DL were injured.

This because......

This. Was. The. Biggest. Choke. In. Sports. Of. ALL. Times.

nash72

Reaction score
Falcons choked, but it still doesnt alleviate the pain from the worst call ever in sports history.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The two are mutually exclusive to be honest.

Butler's INT will always be one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history as well. Not sure this game will do anything to change that, anywhere.

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":12xl6v9k said:
Falcons choked, but it still doesn't alleviate the pain from the worse call ever in sports history.

While that play was horrible, to hold onto the negativity and continuing the thought of negativity will attract more.

Does that resonate?

That game was more competitive than yesterdays. That choke by Atlanta was record breaking and it will be hard to ever top that for futility. The Hawks just WON the SB the year before, but somehow XLIX is so abysmal. Sorry man, I refuse to allow my thoughts to go there.

You are probably a decent guy, but I have NEVER seen anything positive in any of your posts.

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":xz4iqhjj said:
nash72":xz4iqhjj said:
You are probably a decent guy, but I have NEVER seen anything positive in any of your posts.

Lol. Your probably right. I'm a pessimist and get it honestly. I'll never get over SB49 and I dont feel the coaching staff should ever be forgiven for such a horrible play call. Its inexcusable. I have issues with Pete Carroll anyways. I realize he won us a superbowl, but i've never liked him and I feel the team is headed in the wrong direction right now. Unfortunately I dont think Carroll is a good enough coach to right the ship. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
It absolutely takes us off the hook, yes.

The pressure was on us to win our second in a row and, in beating New England, to usher in a new dynasty. The play was as dumb as you'll ever see, but that new trophy smell still hadn't worn off our championship from the year before.

The pressure on Atlanta, though, to throw off years of playoff collapses and also-rans and finally, FINALLY hoist a trophy... To win the NFC that decisively, to have the MVP and Asst Coach of the Year on your sideline, to be up by 25 in the 3rd quarter, and STILL LOSE?

Nothing short of a trophy will ever impress anyone in Atlanta again. No MVP award, no conference championship, not a 16-0 regular season, not a lead in the Superbowl at the two-minute warning will get anyone excited. That team is doomed to skepticism and malaise until they lift a trophy.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
nash72":7ugsdf3u said:
Largent80":7ugsdf3u said:
nash72":7ugsdf3u said:

Lol. Your probably right. I'm a pessimist and get it honestly. I'll never get over SB49 and I dont feel the coaching staff should ever be forgiven for such a horrible play call. Its inexcusable. I have issues with Pete Carroll anyways. I realize he won us a superbowl, but i've never liked him and I feel the team is headed in the wrong direction right now. Unfortunately I dont think Carroll is a good enough coach to right the ship. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Funny. I felt that way about Holmgren. Carroll is the opposite for me. I like almost every move he makes with this team. BTW I don't feel it was a horrible play call. Just a horrible outcome. Nobody would have criticized or even looked twice if it worked.

Latest posts