OK

Largent80

Reaction score
The football season is officially over.

It's time to start gearing up the Seahawks for this year.

What is your desire as far as players go?.......... DO NOT turn this into a Bevell thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me the obvious OT position.

After that, we are in thin territory at CB.

Then, I think we could use a SAM L.B.

mistaowen

Reaction score
1) Improve both OT, starters and depth. I think this is a season to look for a FA or two or finally make a trade.

2) Draft the next CB across from Sherm. Shead was OK but it was clear we need someone there who can force turnovers. Teams will throw at that position, Maxwell caused fumbles and interceptions even if he got beat once in awhile.

3) Safety depth. Terrell needs to be upgraded, plain and simple.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
We need to draft a QB that will push RW. Russell has plateaud. I've seen constant overthrows and misreads for the last 2 years. As the 2nd highest paid QB in the league, I expect significantly better play.

LT, LG, RG, RT in the draft. DT depth, CB depth.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Kicker. We make two very simple field goals we are hosting the NFC championship.

Just kidding. We need Oline, RB, DB help. I also agree on a QB to put some pressure on Russ.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Russell Wilson needs to be "pushed"? Hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

NJlargent

Reaction score
I think we need to focus at both Tackle positions and we need to address D-Line because our pass rush was significantly overrated. We then should address CB depth.

Games are won in the trenches and you cannot win with our O-Line. We saw last night how important it was to give Brady time. You also need to a consistent pass rush because we also saw last night how frazzled Brady looked early when the rush was getting home.

I disagree on competition for Wilson. Yes he regressed last year but let's see where he is at with an adequate line (assuming we can develop one). If he shows up fat again and without fire, then next year we should draft competition.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Russell had a torn up knee, ankle and shoulder, maybe that had something to do with his "regression?"

Besides the obvious, I would like to see them add a stud rb this year. Would love Fournette or cook, but won't happen. Foreman is the guy in my mind.

mistaowen

Reaction score
^^ Good call on interior pass rush, forgot to mention that. We need some people to push the pocket, outside rush is terrific. Being able to generate pressure with just 4 is so important in the NFL now.

Sign37now

Reaction score
C'mon man... I bet there are crash test dummies out there less beat up than Russ was this year.. Give him more than one nanosecond to do his job without being murdered and he would be back in championship form..

FIX THE OLINE!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3q7yd28z said:
We need to draft a QB that will push RW. Russell has plateaud. I've seen constant overthrows and misreads for the last 2 years. As the 2nd highest paid QB in the league, I expect significantly better play.

LT, LG, RG, RT in the draft. DT depth, CB depth.

Lets trade him for a front line.....posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=2019255#

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Largent80":3fpvtryb said:
Russell Wilson needs to be "pushed"? Hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

I guess you're satisfied with constant overthrows and misreads which lead to terrible throwing decisions / needless sacks. I expect my QB to play better. Brady, Rapistburger, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers and Ryan make the right read 95% of the time. Russell is not at that level...nowhere near close. Rose colored glasses need to be removed.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/821483959808704512[/tweet][/quote]

Keep giving him a free pass....

Mojambo

Reaction score
ludakrishna":6rcx1dxf said:
Largent80":6rcx1dxf said:

I guess you're satisfied with constant overthrows and misreads which lead to terrible throwing decisions / needless sacks. I expect my QB to play better. Brady, Rapistburger, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers and Ryan make the right read 95% of the time. Russell is not at that level...nowhere near close. Rose colored glasses need to be removed.

Check the contract numbers, dude. They are not bringing in serious competition. Nor should they. He was actually quite good last year, all factors considered.

pcbball12

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3gqumrt6 said:
Largent80":3gqumrt6 said:

Really? Brady has been in the league for 17 years, Brees 16 years, Roethlisberger 13 years, Rodgers 12 years, Ryan 9 years.

Do you see a common theme to the players you mentioned? They have all been in the league a long time. Russ just finished year 5. Go look up stats from the first 5 years of each of those players (or if you can get your hands on their game tape I challenge you to do that). I have watched each of these players from day 1 in the league. None of those players were anything close to what they are now in year 5 in regards to reads, consistency, decisions, etc. It is insane that people want to compare Russ to those guys and expect him to be as polished as they are, it is apples to oranges at this point. He will get there, he is ahead of where any of those guys were at this point in their career.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
pcbball12":1segj556 said:
ludakrishna":1segj556 said:
Largent80":1segj556 said:

Really? Brady has been in the league for 17 years, Brees 16 years, Roethlisberger 13 years, Rodgers 12 years, Ryan 9 years.

Do you see a common theme to the players you mentioned? They have all been in the league a long time. Russ just finished year 5. Go look up stats from the first 5 years of each of those players. None of those players were anything close to what they are now in year 5 in regards to reads, consistency, decisions, etc. It is insane that people want to compare Russ to those guys and expect him to be as polished as they are, it is apples to oranges at this point. He will get there, he is ahead of where any of those guys were at this point in their career.

I disagree. This is the thought process which will prevent us from ever becoming a dynasty. He's the 2nd highest paid QB in the league, if he wasn't at their level, we should've franchise tagged his ass until he became one prior to giving him current deal. So are we paying him an elite deal when he's not an elite QB? Schneider needs to be fired than for overpaying.

Patriots are the prime example of thinking about future. Cassell got them a good pick. Mallett was a nutcase but has all the talent in the world. Garropolo is going to get them all other good pick and I wouldn't be surprised to see them draft another QB.

Suggesting we hold EVERY player accountable is not lunacy, it's called striving for excellence.

pcbball12

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1cepk3yh said:
pcbball12":1cepk3yh said:
ludakrishna":1cepk3yh said:
Largent80":1cepk3yh said:

Do you see a common theme to the players you mentioned? They have all been in the league a long time. Russ just finished year 5. Go look up stats from the first 5 years of each of those players. None of those players were anything close to what they are now in year 5 in regards to reads, consistency, decisions, etc. It is insane that people want to compare Russ to those guys and expect him to be as polished as they are, it is apples to oranges at this point. He will get there, he is ahead of where any of those guys were at this point in their career.

I disagree. This is the thought process which will prevent us from ever becoming a dynasty. He's the 2nd highest paid QB in the league, if he wasn't at their level, we should've franchise tagged his ass until he became one prior to giving him current deal. So are we paying him an elite deal when he's not an elite QB? Schneider needs to be fired than for overpaying.

Patriots are the prime example of thinking about future. Cassell got them a good pick. Mallett was a nutcase but has all the talent in the world. Garropolo is going to get them all other good pick and I wouldn't be surprised to see them draft another QB.

Suggesting we hold EVERY player accountable is not lunacy, it's called striving for excellence.
LOL alright man nothing I am going to say will change your mind obviously, but this is ridiculous. You pay what the market is for a player at the time. He deserved every penny he got. It is common to pay for a career arch in which you know he will get to the level of play of those guys during his contract.

Did you just recently become a Seahawks fan or a fan of football? I only ask because if you have been a fan of this team or football in general for a good amount of time, you would know what bad QB play is and how hard it is to even get a serviceable QB in this league. Without a QB, no team is anything in this league. We have been to 2 SB's in his first 5 years and made the playoffs in all 5. How that is not a model of consistency or seen as anything but remarkable is beyond my belief. The guy played with a high ankle sprain (that used to be called a broken leg back in the day), a sprained MCL (usually a 4-6 week injury), and banged up shoulder that I doubt we ever really know there full extent of. Expecting a guy to even play with those injuries is a lot, expecting elite QB play with them is foolish.

Patriots are an outlier of an organization and you are comparing him and us to the greatest QB to ever play the game and arguably the greatest dynasty in sports history. Cassell was/is garbage and they knew it, they got everything they could for him, same with Mallett. Garropolo may get them a pick and may be pretty good, but I do not see how the situation is even close. They have Brady, they have the ability to trade his backup as long as he is playing. Trading Wilson would be like trading Brady and saying we can find another franchise QB, no big deal. Ask Cleveland how easy it is to find that guy.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Can we hold posters accountable for being....Ludecris?..... :lol:

Yeah we really need another QB, so we can develop him and then trade him. Copy the Patriots, we get it.

NO.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I never said a Russell was terrible. I just pointed out his current deficiencies and the need for improvement. Pushing him with another QB is not lunacy. I remember the days when this board believed that Mike Teal could be our next QB after Hass or when Michael Bumpus deserved more snaps at WR. We've been spoiled over the last few years as have the players. They need a oh poop my butt may get cut feeling back. But knowing Pete, he doesn't have the balls to hold anyone accountable anymore.