Good News for Next Season

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
sam1313":qs53qbme said:
Russell tweeted out this morning:

"I'm coming for you 52. 2/4/18."

Kick ass Russell and maintain that positivity!!! :irishdrinkers:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/2/6/14523298/russell-wilson-super-bowl-52-tweet-seahawks-odds-seattle

No doubt, this is a great attitude.

It will mesh well with a healthier team, an O-Line that could learn it's job at the LOS, and the defense getting better at communication and passing off route-runners.

All the right tools are all still there to get the wins.

Go Hawks!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
No doubt in my mind that we'll be right in the picture next year. Dallas, Green Bay, Atlanta and Us should be fighting for it again. Need to stay a little more healthy, need to tweak a few things, but we're not that far off.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3se1iczy said:
No doubt in my mind that we'll be right in the picture next year. Dallas, Green Bay, Atlanta and Us should be fighting for it again. Need to stay a little more healthy, need to tweak a few things, but we're not that far off.

I don't think *allas will have the benefit of a last-place schedule again. Just like what happened to the Cam Newtons this past year. I think Erin is on the decline as well.

ringless

Reaction score
GeekHawk":877dfava said:
JSeahawks":877dfava said:

I don't think *allas will have the benefit of a last-place schedule again. Just like what happened to the Cam Newtons this past year. I think Erin is on the decline as well.

The last place schedule is a little over played on this forum. You are talking about playing two different teams then the opponents in your division, and those two different teams are often different teams roster/talent wise than the year before.

I dont think Dallas will be doing much because they are 11 million over the cap, and have some decent FA's they wont be able to resign. They will not have as much talent this year as last.

Hawks46

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2zq0l2pv said:

GB is the one I'm watching. They draft well and need secondary help, so this draft is tailor made for them.

Dallas is going to be in deep cap trouble. They have both safeties as FA's, and even if they manage to draft two good ones, they'll be relying on too many rookies in the secondary. Also might not be able to keep the band together with the OL.

Falcons are going to be interesting as they might have a massive hangover this year. We saw it with us, the Panthers, etc. I also don't expect the Panthers to be that bad this year.

We have nothing but upside after this year's struggles. It's going to be hard for us to be MORE injured that we were this last year. Earl's injury was a freak accident and not usual. The OL should be better just from continuity and experience. They weren't physically overmatched, mostly mental mistakes. We have Graham coming back totally healthy and chomping at the bit to get chemistry dialed in with Wilson. We were the 5th youngest team last year and have a great compliment of young players that should develop and be really good.

It also helps that our division doesn't look like it's going to drastically improve. Palmer won't magically find the fountain of youth, Goff is still a mystery and the Niners have too many holes to fill.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

northseahawk

Reaction score
Its better than the usual celebrity parties that he regularly attends now. Atleast he is thinking of football already.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
After all the talk about how great things felt, from players and coaches, after this past offseason, I am going to wait for actions and results. I really bought into the 2016 offseason hype but the season was very underwhelming even before all our injuries.

Seymour

Reaction score
sam1313":2sp4fi9p said:
Russell tweeted out this morning:

"I'm coming for you 52. 2/4/18."

Kick ass Russell and maintain that positivity!!! :irishdrinkers:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/2/6/14523298/russell-wilson-super-bowl-52-tweet-seahawks-odds-seattle

I wondered how Russell took watching the pro bowl with Dak and company from his home theater this year.

Question answered. He wants back into the spotlight. I never really doubted Russell, but he does have some things to work on. I DO question if he has even close to adequate protection to do his job though.

Wartooth

Reaction score
All Russ has to do is stay in Seattle this year during the season, instead of flying down to LA with every free minute he has.
Some of that might be busness, I get that. But, it seems that a lot of it was so he could be seen outside some swanky eatery holding Ciara's purse.

Foghawk

Reaction score
I'll be curious to see if RW decides to shed a little of that bulk he was carrying this past season.

pmedic920

Reaction score
c7add6818bde59e5d4cc7c3e2c2e3e2f.jpg

strohmin

Reaction score
I hope this means that his fat ass is gonna lose weight so he can actually escape defenders because he cant step up in the pocket and last year he couldnt out run defensive tackles.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Foghawk":14veldmh said:
I'll be curious to see if RW decides to shed a little of that bulk he was carrying this past season.

Agreed. He needs to slim down and elongate his muscles more. He was much more effective when he was looser, less muscular and less stiff. He built himself up like a RB to protect himself from all the hits but it may have backfired some.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Call me a battered Seattle Fan.

But Wilson is starting to get gun shy in the pocket. The guy is getting beat up and played like garbage half of the season. I fear he is getting very close to going David Carr on us.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ab6vzh1 said:
Sweet Jesus, now Russ is a fat guy who is gonna' become David Carr?
Now I've heard it all :2thumbs:

When in doubt just make crap up that is the moto of some around here

pmedic920

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ig23b1t said:
Sweet Jesus, now Russ is a fat guy who is gonna' become David Carr?
Now I've heard it all :2thumbs:

To be fair, that's not what the guy said.

TBH, I've mentioned "David Carr syndrome" a few times around here.

Fact is, a QB can only get beat up so much before it does start to effect his decision making and play.

It also appears (I don't know for sure) that RW added some mass last year, not many people get faster and more mobile in that scenario.