Jets SS Calvin Pryor for Ifedi? Speculation

sutz

Reaction score
I think it's a bad deal for Seattle. We've done complete rebuilds on the O-line two years in a row. Time to let some of the more promising young guys develop. Ifedi is one of those promising young guys.

Pete always picks 1-2 DBs in the draft every year, plus we have some kids in the pipeline that have promise. I'm happy to see how that works out. With ET coming back and Kam solidly in the fold, our safety crew needs depth, not "super star" starters.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I thought the interesting thing was breno getting cut.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Interesting note...the article also mentioned the Jets may well be cutting Breno...

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Year 2 for year 4, I assume, would not be a straight up trade, despite Ifedi's issues.. and it's not as though we didn't have RT need and elected not to use him in that role. Pryor is the type of walk-year trade that gets done for a mid round pick, not player for player

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I doubt there's anything to that rumor. Just a buddy of his who happens to be a low-level scout for some team and is vaguely taking shots at a dartboard without having heard anything from Seattle.

Seafan

Reaction score
Not even a rumor. Someone filling out his blog sheet. A little birdy....

Josea16

Reaction score
Ii don't think there's anything to this why make a trade for safety when you will be get a good one in the draft? Or trade one of your more promising young OL talents?

Hawks46

Reaction score
So we trade our 2nd best OL and 1st round pick that started this year for a SS that hasn't made an impact even playing behind an elite DL and who would be a backup for us ? Sounds legit.

Oh, and ROFL.

Erebus

Reaction score
If the Jest are going to trade him, it'll probably be for a draft pick. Player-for-player trades are rare, and usually only happen when both teams want to give up on a player. I don't see any reason for the Seahawks to give up on Ifedi so soon.

aredub

Reaction score
I don't see this happening for any reason. it would be foolish on our part to make this trade unless for some reason Pete and John don't believe he will develop. Highly unlikely.

HawkGA

Reaction score
This is beyond dumb. It really should just fade away from the main page, but I can't help bumping it back to the time with my own comment suggesting how dumb it is.

The Breh

Reaction score
Man I caught all sorts of hell making the same type of thread a few weeks back.
Those who were bustin my ass in that thread sure are letting this one slide...

seabowl

Reaction score
The Breh":r0bxi1na said:

Well it's good you came back then. Again it's a ridiculously dumb move. There you happy? :34853_doh:

The Breh

Reaction score
seabowl":3slm48hi said:
The Breh":3slm48hi said:

Well it's good you came back then. Again it's a ridiculously dumb move. There you happy? :34853_doh:
Man I never left, I just post less. I was amazed at how sensitive both the moderators and posters are here :pukeface:
What's a ridiculously dumb move ?
Am I happy, sure I'd feel better if y'all .net warriors went ham on this thread like y'all did mine.
How come this one didn't get moved ? It says speculation in the damn title :34853_doh:

Schadie001

Reaction score
Would be a dumb trade. We have Earl and Cam. Why would you trade a second year Guard who shows a lot of promise for a back up safety. Not happening.