Pick a Seahawk

Optimus25

Reaction score
And talk about what you perceive as their greatest strength as it relates to enabling the team to reach the Super Bowl next year. Then discuss what you believe their greatest weakness is and how that can get exploited and prevent us from advancing. Or just give us your personal insight to the player, as many of us pick apart strengths and weaknesses differently.

I'll start with Richard Sherman. I feel his strength is in taking away the deep ball. His coverage in that deep third is amazing, and it really puts the pressure on offenses to find anywhere to go with the ball in his area. The nightmares i have of Kelly Jennings getting abused repeatedly are just a distant faint memory and in their place are beautiful tips and white on rice coverage of any 15+ yd pass. Also i must mention his availability every week. Even if he were a slightly above average player rather than the elite corner he is, his ability to stay healthy would greatly increase his market value. Just a day in day out stalwart that is a corner stone of a defense that has been playoff worthy 5 straight years and never bounced in the first game/round.

On the weakness side I'll say it must be no secret in the league that there is one pass you can pull off on Richard IF you have a strong armed QB and decent protection.... The 12 yard comeback. I can't identify it but somewhere in Richard's hip turn as he prepares to run with the receiver deep, his length or something just gets the best of him and the second the receiver makes him turn he can then plant and turn out and Richard will be a solid yard and half separated, usually at best. Off hand i distinctly remember Julio and fitz both getting big first downs off this technique. I think if we could solidify our interior pressure he could have more trust in his ability to recover on the deeps and maybe be more conscious of the comeback. Also i would think he should be ready for most coordinators to challenge him in this fashion and that the OC doesn't want to be the dummy who challenges him on a basic go route. Even though Evans got him by just that, realistically he still recovered later and we win that game if our offense doesn't play the most pathetic game ever to date at that point.

Lastly, just join me in being stuck with Bevell and let's leave this to ON FIELD personnel.

RussB

Reaction score
ET, whole defense took a huge hit with him out , he is vital to the cover 3 look.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Ifedi: With a solid year of NFL experience under his belt I look for him to have a solid second NFL season. Backs score touchdowns, Linemen win games.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thomas Rawls

Strength: His ability to burst through the hole is incredible. He attacks the defense, and keeps them off balance due to his ability to make quick decisions and quick cuts. He has a full arsenal of moves to break tackles. He can plow a player over, he can juke, spin, jump cut, stiff arm, hop step, everything. It's incredible. He's built like a little brick outhouse, and he is SO aggressive when attacking a defender. He has great acceleration and amazing top end speed to get around, through, past and behind the entire defense. He can even catch the ball out of the backfield, and is nearly unstoppable in open space. It's rare to see him go down in a one on one open field situation.

Weaknesses: His health. The only thing preventing him from being a 1000 yard back is his health. The O line is also an issue, but his ability to find the hole (if there is one) can make up for his lines deficiencies. His aggressive nature can be a bit too much at times as he wants to take on anyone. Hell, he'd probably try to run through a cement wall without pads if he truly wanted to. He can occasionally get himself blown up by a bigger defender, which has led to his injuries last season. His injury in 2015 was just an unlucky way to get tackled.

If the team looks to him as our starting back next year with Prosise spelling him, our superbowl hopes may be in Rawls hands, and his ability to stay on the field

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3w02i55l said:
Thomas Rawls

Strength: His ability to burst through the hole is incredible. He attacks the defense, and keeps them off balance due to his ability to make quick decisions and quick cuts. He has a full arsenal of moves to break tackles. He can plow a player over, he can juke, spin, jump cut, stiff arm, hop step, everything. It's incredible. He's built like a little brick outhouse, and he is SO aggressive when attacking a defender. He has great acceleration and amazing top end speed to get around, through, past and behind the entire defense. He can even catch the ball out of the backfield, and is nearly unstoppable in open space. It's rare to see him go down in a one on one open field situation.

Weaknesses: His health. The only thing preventing him from being a 1000 yard back is his health. The O line is also an issue, but his ability to find the hole (if there is one) can make up for his lines deficiencies. His aggressive nature can be a bit too much at times as he wants to take on anyone. Hell, he'd probably try to run through a cement wall without pads if he truly wanted to. He can occasionally get himself blown up by a bigger defender, which has led to his injuries last season. His injury in 2015 was just an unlucky way to get tackled.

If the team looks to him as our starting back next year with Prosise spelling him, our superbowl hopes may be in Rawls hands, and his ability to stay on the field

I sure hope they don't go into this season relying on rawls and prosises' health. If that's the case, Ac may be our only starting tailback. In my mind, they have to draft or sign a game breaking back. The rb position is undervalued no more. Other than QB, rb is most important skill piece on the offense, in my opinion.

I think the lack of running game is this teams biggest issue. A good running game opens everything up for an offense. It gives a team control over the clock. It also gives the element of surprise to the offense. Nothing worse than being one dimensional.

The biggest strength of the team is the amount of players under contract, and the fact that they will have over 25 million to spend. It really gives them the opportunity to make a very impactful signing, or several. The Webb experiment was largely because they had very little cap room, and they had to try something. I still hope they trade for Joe Thomas, or sign one of the top fa linemen. To shore up the o line would make great strides towards fixing what I think is the biggest problem on this team.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":rwyl4fkg said:
Jerhawk":rwyl4fkg said:
Thomas Rawls

I sure hope they don't go into this season relying on rawls and prosises' health. If that's the case, Ac may be our only starting tailback. In my mind, they have to draft or sign a game breaking back. The rb position is undervalued no more. Other than QB, rb is most important skill piece on the offense, in my opinion.

I think the lack of running game is this teams biggest issue. A good running game opens everything up for an offense. It gives a team control over the clock. It also gives the element of surprise to the offense. Nothing worse than being one dimensional.

The biggest strength of the team is the amount of players under contract, and the fact that they will have over 25 million to spend. It really gives them the opportunity to make a very impactful signing, or several. The Webb experiment was largely because they had very little cap room, and they had to try something. I still hope they trade for Joe Thomas, or sign one of the top fa linemen. To shore up the o line would make great strides towards fixing what I think is the biggest problem on this team.

Le'Veon Bell is a FA..... :stirthepot:

Seymour

Reaction score
Seriously, an "assignment" thread? Do the posts get graded? :twisted:

I'll take an F / incomplete.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Wilson.

By any metric we've become accustomed to him being measured by, he suffered this year greatly. He struggled to get back to the rhythm and pace of his final half of 2015. He was a smoking hot pocket passer in that stretch. This team is the best in the NFL when Wilson is in rhythm and firing the ball crisply out of the drop.

The on pace Wilson puts up 30-40 a game. He had some games like that this year. If he's consistent, he plays at an MVP level.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":29l6lofz said:
Seriously, an "assignment" thread? Do the posts get graded? :twisted:

I'll take an F / incomplete.

Well that's better then a "B"........................ :stirthepot:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Jon Ryan

Strengths: punting the football; catching and holding the football and then placing said football with the laces out for a TBD kicker to kick such football

Weaknesses: running with a football with no one near him-prone to turf monster aggression and a target for unseen snipers; facial expressions fail to conceal actual emotion; pale complexion leaves him subject to serious sun damage and Casper comparisons

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":8ykhszwu said:
Jimjones0384":8ykhszwu said:
Jerhawk":8ykhszwu said:
Thomas Rawls

Man, could you imagine that. With the offensive weapons on this team, Lev bell would make it unstoppable. The Hawks could afford him, too. Too bad he will get the tag before they let him walk. But, we can dream, right.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":20eawlj1 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":20eawlj1 said:
Jimjones0384":20eawlj1 said:
Jerhawk":20eawlj1 said:
Thomas Rawls

Man, could you imagine that. With the offensive weapons on this team, Lev bell would make it unstoppable. The Hawks could afford him, too. Too bad he will get the tag before they let him walk. But, we can dream, right.

Trying to think of the last unstoppable players we have had, oh yeah Harvin and Graham.................................

They could not stop Harvin on those bubble screens catching the ball and they have yet to find a way to stop Graham from blocking.