Clayton: James White’s Super Bowl performance is a reminder

ivotuk

Reaction score
Clayton: James White’s Super Bowl performance is a reminder of what C.J. Prosise can give the Seahawks

"Bill Belichick loves having the option of a pass-catching halfback capable of grabbing 60 or 70 receptions a year. Vereen caught 62 in 2012 and 96 in 2014. White caught 40 in 2015 and 60 this past season. In the Super Bowl, he caught 14 passes for 110 yards and a touchdown.

The reason I bring up James White is that C.J. Prosise could be the Seahawks’ version of him and more.

Prosise can run. He can catch. He’s explosive. What you also like about him is his size. He’s 6-1 and 220, plenty big to handle power running plays. Unfortunately, injuries held him down not only during his rookie season but also in OTAs and in training camp.
"

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/246043/ja ... -seahawks/

keatonisballin

Reaction score
It's all about health. We have all the weapons and more to be explosive. All Pro TE, physical power back, versatile pass catcher hb/wr, 2 legit speedster wr's, pro bowl route running technician and an elite qb. Now if they can all stay healthy all next season, we win the SB.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Weve seen what CH can give us, so has BB.

I have no doubt BB will draft the Standford RB this coming draft.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Size is relative; it only really matters if you know how to use it.

Prosise is 6'1" and 220, but he runs with too high of a pad level and takes too many square and heavy shots. That's why he's getting nicked up. Look at how Rawls runs...he's smaller but breaks way more tackles and trucks more guys. He knows how to use what he has and gets lower than the tackler many times.

I do agree that he can be pretty special. It's really hard to defend a RB when he stays in to chip or pass protect, then leaks out to the flat if needed. It's also a pretty easy way to get an individual mismatch on a LBer. It's also another reason why Pete loves speed at the LBer position: we held Atlanta's RB's in check for the most part because we had enough speed to counter their RB's out of the backfield.

Largent80

Reaction score
He was snakebit this year. That doesn't have anything to do with the coming year.

Hell, look at Prich. Dude was hurt for 3 years and he was healthy this year and balled like crazy.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Largent80":2uvjtygv said:
He was snakebit this year. That doesn't have anything to do with the coming year.

Hell, look at Prich. Dude was hurt for 3 years and he was healthy this year and balled like crazy.

WIth out ever confirming it, I heard CJ was pretty much injury prone at ND as well though.

Largent80

Reaction score
There are a buttload of good RB available in the draft. We have several 3rd round picks. I see us nabbing one.