Pierre Desir

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2859zf89 said:
https://www.google.com/amp/12thmanrising.com/2017/02/12/seahawks-offseason-dont-sleep-pierre-desir-cb/amp/

Here is a good article about possibly the next starting corner. I remember when he was drafted, he was one of the guys I really wanted. He had Seahawks written all over him. This is exciting news to me. Hope it works out.
I hope he is better than Shead. Tired of having CB's that don't get their head turned around quick enough.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I remember wanting Seattle to draft him in '14 and thinking he was going to be wasted in the cesspool that is Cleveland.

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
SeatownJay":17ys1rm5 said:
I remember wanting Seattle to draft him in '14 and thinking he was going to be wasted in the cesspool that is Cleveland.

Exactly my thought back then as well. I was way bummed out when I saw they got him. That was the year that every team tried to copy the lob. Everyone wanted the next Richard Sherman. Problem is, very few players, even at the elite NFL level, will thrive under poor coaching.

Usually if PC points a guy out early in the year, something is big on the horizon for them.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Differently exciting to see him play for the team. I remember him with the Browns in 2014 and then I just wondered what happened to him. Along with Elliot and Thorpe along with those other 6-4, CB's this offseason is going to be very interesting for corners.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Good natural technique...that's a great start. With the fact he's already begun being coached in our system, this could be a great story going forward.

I still hope we take a CB in the draft, it's rich with interesting prospects...especially those who could be late round gems.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
For those of you that are interested, Pierre was one of the players featured in the ESPN Draft Academy show leading up to the 2014 draft.

[youtube]FhRp6L-g7to[/youtube]
[youtube]B7dTzci4rLA[/youtube]
[youtube]CoEkIHqAysw[/youtube]

Seymour

Reaction score
If the Seahawks really wanted him they could have had him as he wasn't picked until 127 (4th round). He has below average speed, can get beat deep, and in fact he is slower than some of our linebackers. I don't see him as an answer, possibly depth.

chris98251

Reaction score
It does appear they are going to use the PS guys to attempt to fill secondary holes, have a few names there that at the start of last season were labeled as high potential guys who suddenly were injured when the regular season started.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
We've got a lot of development types coming to maturity at DB. Desir, SJB, Seisay, Elliott all in the mix. I would think one of those four would be able to pop coming into their 2nd/3rd seasons in the system.

This being an RFA year for Shead, and the likelihood he's not ready for most of the season, one has to wonder if Shead is part of the roster in 2017.

themunn

Reaction score
Seymour":2d3xdw97 said:
If the Seahawks really wanted him they could have had him as he wasn't picked until 127 (4th round). He has below average speed, can get beat deep, and in fact he is slower than some of our linebackers. I don't see him as an answer, possibly depth.

9 of the 11 players who started on our superbowl winning defense were picked in the 4th round or later. Just because we didn't pick him doesn't mean we didn't want him.

Largent80

Reaction score
Im sorry but I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about this guy. There are a lot of good DBs available in the draft and it would be great to nab one or more of them.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":1a2efir6 said:
Im sorry but I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about this guy. There are a lot of good DBs available in the draft and it would be great to nab one or more of them.

Except standard evaluation isn't how we get CB's they look for a lot of measurable aspects and intangibles that are not on the standard cheat sheet.

Seymour

Reaction score
themunn":342jxkwm said:
Seymour":342jxkwm said:

9 of the 11 players who started on our superbowl winning defense were picked in the 4th round or later. Just because we didn't pick him doesn't mean we didn't want him.

I realize that, yes they wanted him. I said if the REALLY wanted him, like they knew he was some kind of special.

Also I do not believe that is true. Avril 3rd round , Wagner 2nd round , Thomas 1st round. Just off the top of my head.

Largent80

Reaction score
The Hawks really lucked out in that one draft but since then it hasn't been as good. We need to realize that.

We can expect to duplicate that draft but it's unlikely now because we are winning.

Even though those picks were later ones. It was extreme luck to have them all pan out, and great scouting. But every team is copying us from that draft as well.

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":15k6hbcv said:
The Hawks really lucked out in that one draft but since then it hasn't been as good. We need to realize that.

We can expect to duplicate that draft but it's unlikely now because we are winning.

Even though those picks were later ones. It was extreme luck to have them all pan out, and great scouting. But every team is copying us from that draft as well.

+1.
There is that too.
Those days have yet to be repeated here, and I doubt they will again. At least regularly to where you could count on it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seymour":1awpj6w5 said:
Largent80":1awpj6w5 said:

+1.
There is that too.
Those days have yet to be repeated here, and I doubt they will again. At least regularly to where you could count on it.

+2
Thats the status quo around here. people got spoiled by a couple of drafts that we really needed during the rebuild, but one of the most important aquisitions was made when the Hawks got Lynch.

He was the perfect piece to build the ZBS/run first offense around and then Wilson came along.

All of it was synergy, and unlikely to be duplicated but almost expected here.
And people also blame Cable for the OL. Hahaha. That system should be called the "Lynch" system not the zone blocking system. Dive at your player to block, pick your ass up off the deck and get into the 2nd level (linebackers/safeties). Now that Lynch is gone this system no longer fits who we have personnel wise.

Back on topic. Let's all hope Pierre is that guy, but he hasn't been able to do much in any place he's been including here. Players do shift gears however if they have the gifts to do it.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seymour":2uqf6lpg said:
themunn":2uqf6lpg said:
Seymour":2uqf6lpg said:

I realize that, yes they wanted him. I said if the REALLY wanted him, like they knew he was some kind of special.

Also I do not believe that is true. Avril 3rd round , Wagner 2nd round , Thomas 1st round. Just off the top of my head.
Avril wasn't a starter...so you would be incorrect

chris98251

Reaction score
We were looking for warm bodies that had a hunger to succeed, now we have the bodies and maybe the hunger has diminished some, the team is also now full of Pete's guys instead of Ruskell's, I do think the attachment to the players is there that got us over the hump and it will be harder to displace the guys we have.

Were rarely going to see anyone jump off the charts and steal a position of one our Veterans anymore, were not going to see Sims shipped out to Detroit, Josh Wilson shipped to Baltimore, or anything close with this current group.

We will dabble in the stuff that got us competitive in bringing in proven stuffers and edge guys that have something left thru F.A..

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is the thing. REGARDLESS of Kam, Sherm, and Earl, those guys are past year 5. This team needs to re-stock and this draft is loaded.

Those guys that have been hanging around on the P.S. need to be pushed or get out of the way (Simon). That guy was in the system 4 years and was just craptastic.

We don't have the luxury of our starters being young anymore. And if were putting PS guys into the starting role, they need to be worthy. Shead was mediocre this year. YES, he made some good plays, but how many of us saw him get beat on every down in just one series vs. AZ?

He was running after his man on every play. Now, his ACL?

We need to draft highly at DB. Either CB or Safety.