Why not Walt??

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Why not Walt??
Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:07 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    RiverDog wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote: Objective? LOLOL, you're basing your skepticisms and arguments about Walter Jones on what you DON'T/CAN'T really KNOW.......You be trying to create in a VACCUUM.


    And by that I assume you are basing your optimism and arguments about Walter Jones on what you DO KNOW?

    None of us know Walter Jones, at least not beyond what can be gleaned from a Google search...a point I've made on several occasions if you would have taken the time to read my entire comments.

    I read your "Entire Comments", and you I will OPENLY ADMIT that I DON'T KNOW if he'd be a perfect fit.
    What I DO KNOW, is that YOU DON'T KNOW, and neither does LARGENT80
    There's an old saying that pretty much fits here......"Look Before You Leap"


    You don't know if he'd be a fit, period, let alone a perfect fit.

    And for the umpteenth time, I've already admitted that I don't have the slightest idea, either. If that's the best retort you can come up with to refute my comments, then your argument is extremely shallow.
    User avatar
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1563
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 am
    Location: Kennewick, WA


Re: Why not Walt??
Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:51 am
  • RiverDog wrote:
    Good players don't always make good coaches, and poor players sometimes make great coaches.

    There are HOF players that were complete disasters as coaches, such as Mike Singletary and Bart Starr, and coaches that never played a snap in the NFL that turned out to be HOF-quality coaches, Belichick and our own Pete Carroll being two modern day examples. Walt's playing resume should rank well down the list of desirable attributes for coaching candidates. The only thing his HOF status gives him that other candidates don't have is that in the player's eyes, anything Walt says has a certain credibility to it.

    YOU are the one that INTRODUCED SINGLETARY & BART STAR as being FAILURES, it was YOU who attached the SAME possible FAILURE TAG on Walter Jones, WITHOUT A WHIFF OF KNOWING.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5887
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Why not Walt??
Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:44 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    RiverDog wrote:
    Good players don't always make good coaches, and poor players sometimes make great coaches.

    There are HOF players that were complete disasters as coaches, such as Mike Singletary and Bart Starr, and coaches that never played a snap in the NFL that turned out to be HOF-quality coaches, Belichick and our own Pete Carroll being two modern day examples. Walt's playing resume should rank well down the list of desirable attributes for coaching candidates. The only thing his HOF status gives him that other candidates don't have is that in the player's eyes, anything Walt says has a certain credibility to it.

    YOU are the one that INTRODUCED SINGLETARY & BART STAR as being FAILURES, it was YOU who attached the SAME possible FAILURE TAG on Walter Jones, WITHOUT A WHIFF OF KNOWING.


    Possible failure tag? Funny, I read my remarks over and over, and I can't find where it was that I used that term or something with similar meaning and associated it directly with Walt. But for the sake of argument, let's pretend that I hung the Possible Failure Tag on him as you claim I did.

    In your opinion, does anyone else besides Walt NOT deserve a possible failure tag?
    User avatar
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1563
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 am
    Location: Kennewick, WA


Re: Why not Walt??
Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:58 am
  • RiverDog wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    RiverDog wrote:
    Good players don't always make good coaches, and poor players sometimes make great coaches.

    There are HOF players that were complete disasters as coaches, such as Mike Singletary and Bart Starr, and coaches that never played a snap in the NFL that turned out to be HOF-quality coaches, Belichick and our own Pete Carroll being two modern day examples. Walt's playing resume should rank well down the list of desirable attributes for coaching candidates. The only thing his HOF status gives him that other candidates don't have is that in the player's eyes, anything Walt says has a certain credibility to it.

    YOU are the one that INTRODUCED SINGLETARY & BART STAR as being FAILURES, it was YOU who attached the SAME possible FAILURE TAG on Walter Jones, WITHOUT A WHIFF OF KNOWING.


    Possible failure tag? Funny, I read my remarks over and over, and I can't find where it was that I used that term or something with similar meaning and associated it directly with Walt. But for the sake of argument, let's pretend that I hung the Possible Failure Tag on him as you claim I did.

    In your opinion, does anyone else besides Walt NOT deserve a possible failure tag?

    Like I said, "It Isn't Rocket Science"......YOU used Singletary & Star as EXAMPLES OF FAILURES, it's YOU who tied it all together.
    I have no "Opinion", and I won't hazard a GUESS on ANYONE that HAS NOT been vetted or given a chance of success, or failure, that is the crux of my argument, it's an UNKNOWN ............VACCUUM.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5887
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Why not Walt??
Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:28 am
  • Michael Jordan might be the greatest athlete ever. How has he done as an owner?
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3194
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


Re: Why not Walt??
Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:51 am
  • Tical21 wrote:I'd personally prefer he be Fant's mentor. Like every day. All offseason. Pushing trucks, watching film, working on technique. Dont know that he's a cerebral enough guy to be a great coach, after listening to his recent interviews. But, Tice.


    The #1 thing Jones said that Fant needs to do in the off season was add power/strength. I think you hit the nail on the head in that regard, because Jones certainly knows the ins and outs of building strength. Maybe the Hawks bring him on as an OL QC coach.
    As far as higher-level coaching goes, we'd have to bring him in as an apprentice and see how he does. Jones is a different animal than say Michael Jordan or Kobe in that Jones is a far more humble person. Perhaps that quality will lend itself to coaching and surprise many people.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4736
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: Why not Walt??
Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:18 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    RiverDog wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    RiverDog wrote:
    Good players don't always make good coaches, and poor players sometimes make great coaches.

    There are HOF players that were complete disasters as coaches, such as Mike Singletary and Bart Starr, and coaches that never played a snap in the NFL that turned out to be HOF-quality coaches, Belichick and our own Pete Carroll being two modern day examples. Walt's playing resume should rank well down the list of desirable attributes for coaching candidates. The only thing his HOF status gives him that other candidates don't have is that in the player's eyes, anything Walt says has a certain credibility to it.

    YOU are the one that INTRODUCED SINGLETARY & BART STAR as being FAILURES, it was YOU who attached the SAME possible FAILURE TAG on Walter Jones, WITHOUT A WHIFF OF KNOWING.


    Possible failure tag? Funny, I read my remarks over and over, and I can't find where it was that I used that term or something with similar meaning and associated it directly with Walt. But for the sake of argument, let's pretend that I hung the Possible Failure Tag on him as you claim I did.

    In your opinion, does anyone else besides Walt NOT deserve a possible failure tag?

    Like I said, "It Isn't Rocket Science"......YOU used Singletary & Star as EXAMPLES OF FAILURES, it's YOU who tied it all together.
    I have no "Opinion", and I won't hazard a GUESS on ANYONE that HAS NOT been vetted or given a chance of success, or failure, that is the crux of my argument, it's an UNKNOWN ............VACCUUM.


    You didn't answer my question, so I'll ask it again by highlighting it and making it bigger for you.
    User avatar
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1563
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 am
    Location: Kennewick, WA


Re: Why not Walt??
Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:59 am
  • RiverDog wrote:You didn't answer my question, so I'll ask it again by highlighting it and making it bigger for you.

    Read it again :roll: I HAVE NO OPINION OF WHAT I KNOW NOTHING OF.
    You're trying to wiggle out of your embarrassing stance by posing a silly question.
    I'm trying to get you to REALIZE, you don't know what you don't know........And see?, I didn't have to stoop to SILLY "Highliting"
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5887
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Previous


It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information