Russell Okung back to Seahawks? (Speculation)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I would too.

Not that I love him as a solution. But he was average to good for us. Which is quite an improvement to what we replaced him with.

We'd like cheaper options. But the cost in cap space v. the cost in draft capital to move aggressively to get a cheap OL option is kind of a wash. And then you're possibly not getting real quality for the first half of a season while they gain experience.

Obviously he's a player we like physically. Knows the system intimately.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
You never know. Frankly, the entire OL approach is so befuddling that no one can accurately predict what their intentions are.

It was originally believed they were through with him last year but maybe they consider him as a stop-gap while Fant or another drafted prospect develops. If they do pursue this route it better be a very team-friendly deal.

Hyak

Reaction score
I got the impression that the Okung bridge was burned last year but who knows. That all said, plenty of teams besides the Seahawks have OL issues (Vikings, Jags, Giants) so who knows how it all plays out.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
seasucks.0.gif

Okung Dallas

615_Eye_Week15A_1_120814.gif

Okung medium

WK8 Hardy INT

Erebus

Reaction score
I don't get the point of all these GIFs. Of course he had some bad plays every now and then. Everyone but Walter Jones does. You could make a much longer post about Fant's struggles.

Chapow

Reaction score
Erebus":3ql7elu8 said:
I don't get the point of all these GIFs. Of course he had some bad plays every now and then. Everyone but Walter Jones does. You could make a much longer post about Fant's struggles.

Yep, you could make a post like that for literally every player in the league including guys like Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers. Hell, you could start Tom Bradys with that pick six he threw in the Super Bowl. That was a terrible read (Edelman was wide open over the middle), a terrible decision, and an even worse throw. Good players don't make mistakes like that! Brady sucks!

Largent80

Reaction score
Okung is mediocre. I'm not excited in the least to get him back. Frankly I don't get why people are jacked about it, Dude stunk in Denver last year. He spent all those years here, was never more than mediocre when he was at his best.

Pfffffffffttttttt. NO

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He better take less to come back and play guard..

Josea16

Reaction score
Largent80":1icra6n4 said:
Okung is mediocre. I'm not excited in the least to get him back. Frankly I don't get why people are jacked about it, Dude stunk in Denver last year. He spent all those years here, was never more than mediocre when he was at his best.

Pfffffffffttttttt. NO
Mediocre or not he was and still is light years better then the current occupant at the position. He even played football a little which should be a reasonable requirement when playing football professionally by any sane standard. Playing Fant at LT is on par with me being an aircraft traffic controller. I never did anything remotely similar but played basketball so it should work out fine.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Erebus":2vk2xwl5 said:

Yeah it was just a reminder that he sucked most of the time. What makes it worse is that Okung was drafted 6th overall and was a bust. As far as I'm concerned he is a second string lineman at best (when healthy). Some of Okung's whiffs are down right embarrassing and happened often. They were not just some random abnormality.

Sorry, I only posted a very small sample size of Okung's "struggles", I didn't want to spend all day making the post. Not to defend Fant but I'm sure that Russ would still have more bonehead plays than Fant given that Fant only has ten starts.

chris98251

Reaction score
We really need a stickied thread, every big name player in F.A. and them becoming a Seahawk, maybe call it the Madden crew or something.

Rahawk

Reaction score
Was Okung alone that great? I don't think so it's gonna take more than him to get this offensive line right. There was quite a bit more talent on the offensive line when he was here.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Rahawk":323ex9uw said:
Was Okung alone that great? I don't think so it's gonna take more than him to get this offensive line right. There was quite a bit more talent on the offensive line when he was here.

We could start by getting two serviceable tackles. Okung is head and shoulders above the two we fielded last year and I think Okung is average to below average.

sutz

Reaction score
IIRC, Okung was decent, but couldn't stay on the field.

Rob12

Reaction score
Largent80":2giahdma said:

Pfffffffffttttttt. NO

You don't think a mediocre LT upgrades this offensive line?

I do, and I like Fant.

Rob12

Reaction score
chris98251":b2420i2t said:
We really need a stickied thread, every big name player in F.A. and them becoming a Seahawk, maybe call it the Madden crew or something.

Then do it? You do help mod the place, right?

Largent80

Reaction score
What I said was that Okung AT HIS BEST is mediocre and he offer nothing that we don't already have except a friggin 8 to 10 million dollar price.

PASS.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":2tst9bla said:
What I said was that Okung AT HIS BEST is mediocre and he offer nothing that we don't already have except a friggin 8 to 10 million dollar price.

PASS.

And it's a sack, Okung was bull rushed and went down grabbing his crystal ankle.