ANNOUNCEMENT - Amazon link no longer working

RockHawk

Reaction score
All,
For those of you that have used the Amazon.com link to help support the site over the last few years, we really appreciate it, however I was made aware that they have cancelled that account and withheld payment for the last 2 months due to what they consider a breach of the associates agreement. Apparently, telling people to bookmark the hyperlink is somehow considered as against their rules, and thus, here we are.

This message is for two reasons:
1 - I've re-applied for a new Associates account and hope to get that approved within the next month or two. Once approved, I will have to be careful about how I ask for you to use the link and support the site, but if you've bookmarked the link in the past, please edit those to the new one once it's published. I'll also have it listed in the "support us" section.

2 - I haven't brought up donations for a while because the Amazon funding helped to at least keep us near the total monthly spend on hosting and hardware costs, however since we lost two months (including the largest amount from Christmas), we're now woefully over budget moving forward. Currently for the July 2016 - July 2017 fiscal year, we've received $1,620 of the $3,500 it takes to run the not-for-profit community.

For those that have donated over the years, thank you very much for helping support us. For everyone else, any donation you could make would be greatly appreciated so we can minimize the personal costs for ownership to keep us afloat.

Thanks for everyone's understanding and support. Go Hawks

Mark

grizbob

Reaction score
RockHawk":13gawkqy said:
All,
For those of you that have used the Amazon.com link to help support the site over the last few years, we really appreciate it, however I was made aware that they have cancelled that account and withheld payment for the last 2 months due to what they consider a breach of the associates agreement. Apparently, telling people to bookmark the hyperlink is somehow considered as against their rules, and thus, here we are.

1 - I've re-applied for a new Associates account and hope to get that approved within the next month or two. Once approved, I will have to be careful about how I ask for you to use the link and support the site, but if you've bookmarked the link in the past, please edit those to the new one once it's published. I'll also have it listed in the "support us" section.

2 - I haven't brought up donations for a while because the Amazon funding helped to at least keep us near the total monthly spend on hosting and hardware costs, however since we lost two months (including the largest amount from Christmas), we're now woefully over budget moving forward. Currently for the July 2016 - July 2017 fiscal year, we've received $1,620 of the $3,500 it takes to run the not-for-profit community.

For those that have donated over the years, thank you very much for helping support us. For everyone else, any donation you could make would be greatly appreciated so we can minimize the personal costs for ownership to keep us afloat.

Mark

So much for my warm and fuzzies for using the link :34853_doh:

But I will continue to do so when the new one is available.

Many thanks Mark, Neal, et al for providing this awesome, frustrating, wonderful, irritating, pleasant, aggravating site :2thumbs:

Reaction score
RockHawk":sa6tvwgh said:
All,

Mark

Guys, Again, THANKS for all that you do for this site.
Please keep us posted (shhhhhhhhhhhh) as to how we proceed when your "new" membership is approved.
I can tell you that my (our) contribution to this site (via Amazon) is huge, I think ?? ~ thanks to my wife's MANY purchases via Amazon ~ using the link. To lose this option to help .NET would be horrible.
I will await your update on this matter, but my I suggest using a "code word" as reference to inform - - if we need to be so coy with these Amazon A$$holes.....I think we all could come up with some clever "play" for this situation !! :2thumbs:
Thanks,
--ERIC

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Any idea when it will be working again?

I have a few hundred dollars of stuff I really should be ordering from Amazon, besides the $400 in Seahawk swag that I bought and incented my family to give me in Xmas presents from last year, but I can defer purchase for a few months while this gets straightened out.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Wild that they would consider that a breach of contract by asking members to bookmark their setup. I've have a membership with Amazon that has been in effect for several years, and will continue to remain active. I've really benefited from it.
I also have used it to benefit Seahawks.net and will continue to going forward as well. I'll keep an eye out for the new account setup once you are reactivated.
I'll also make sure to toss a few $$$ in the donation bin, as I'm well aware of what it cost to try and keep up with the related expenses with something like Seahawks.net. I know on a much smaller scale, traffic wise what a strain it can place on the wallet, especially if you are shouldering both the work load associated with site upkeep and server management expenses.
Looking forward to another great year for the Seahawks and Seahawks.net as well.

Go Hawks !!! :2thumbs:

SeaChat

Reaction score
pacific101":1zl8edep said:
Wild that they would consider that a breach of contract by asking members to bookmark their setup. I've have a membership with Amazon that has been in effect for several years, and will continue to remain active. I've really benefited from it.
I also have used it to benefit Seahawks.net and will continue to going forward as well. I'll keep an eye out for the new account setup once you are reactivated.
I'll also make sure to toss a few $$$ in the donation bin, as I'm well aware of what it cost to try and keep up with the related expenses with something like Seahawks.net. I know on a much smaller scale, traffic wise what a strain it can place on the wallet, especially if you are shouldering both the work load associated with site upkeep and server management expenses.
Looking forward to another great year for the Seahawks and Seahawks.net as well.

Go Hawks !!! :2thumbs:

Checking in to see how things are progressing with the Amazon affiliate situation for the Seahawk forum. I'm an Amazon addict when it comes to buying stuff for home, work, friends and family. I am constantly telling anyone who will listen to me, what a great deal an Amazon Prime account has been for me.

The money I save, not only in prices paid for products, but the savings on shipping alone pay for the membership, plus factor in the access to the Prime video library, and its simple math 101, to realize that Amazon is paying me to be a Prime Member.

Then on top of all that, when the forum gets their Amazon account back online, a little from all of my purchases are helping to help the forum. It just doesn't get any better than that.

If members of both Amazon Prime and Seahawks.net can help out with messages to Amazon, say so. I'll gladly write or call and I'm confident others will to if they know it might help you out.

Please message me when you are good to go with Amazon again. I've got a few things on the shelf I'm holding up on for you to get activated with them before I click on the buy now button ;).

Also I didn't forget you on the contributions either, I got caught up in March and will start tossing some your way each payday, better to tithe where I spend most of my Sunday mornings each year. Been watching and reading everything I can find on the Hawks in the offseason. I'm suffering from football fever lol.

Go Seahawks !