NFL Schedule out on 20th updated..again.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Was out looking for sites that may tell us when it may come out and came across this site and the data with it. Hope it is correct.

Found out if they are feeding me the correct data that the schedule will be out on the 6th of april.

http://www.nflschedule17.com/seahawks.html

From ^^^^ site........"Currently Displaying Last Year's Schedule:
Opponents & Matchups with Home & Away will be released Dec. 29th 2016.
2016-2017 NFL Schedule for all 32 franchises on Thursday, April 6th 2017."

This off season is becoming brutal........he he he

http://www.nflschedule2017.com/releasedate.html

sutz

Reaction score
Seems early to me. And every off season is brutal lately. :laugh:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Last year, I believe the schedule was released 2 weeks before the draft. This year the draft is scheduled to start April 27th, so if they stay true to what they did last year, you can expect it on April 13th. The 6th isn't an impossibility, but it would be a bit earlier than it was last year.

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":2vcxtg65 said:
Last year, I believe the schedule was released 2 weeks before the draft. This year the draft is scheduled to start April 27th, so if they stay true to what they did last year, you can expect it on April 13th. The 6th isn't an impossibility, but it would be a bit earlier than it was last year.
Thanks, wasn't sure exactly how it worked. Probably want it a bit close to generate interest before draft weekend.

It's all about ratings and the benjamins.

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":17mceg59 said:
kidhawk":17mceg59 said:
Thanks, wasn't sure exactly how it worked. Probably want it a bit close to generate interest before draft weekend.

you are absolutely correct. It's a part of the NFL's off season strategy of staying in the news cycle.

HawkGA

Reaction score
sutz":38ekpdyn said:
kidhawk":38ekpdyn said:

IIRC they release the schedule when they finish it. The announcement for when they release it usually comes about the same day. They don't really sit on it and keep it a surprise. Once it is finished, it is released.

Might get a tipoff of individual games, like prime time games or overseas games, as they get those locked down.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2uhg3j0t said:
sutz":2uhg3j0t said:
kidhawk":2uhg3j0t said:

IIRC they release the schedule when they finish it. The announcement for when they release it usually comes about the same day. They don't really sit on it and keep it a surprise. Once it is finished, it is released.

Might get a tipoff of individual games, like prime time games or overseas games, as they get those locked down.

They may (or may not) finish it until April, but that's not an accident. They time their off season announcements as a strategy to keep the NFL relevant throughout the year. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but they aren't rushing to get the schedule done ASAP, they are filling gaps as they feel necessary

HawkGA

Reaction score
Probably. But I recall somebody at the league saying that it does in fact take a while as there are so many combinations and considerations they have to include. It seems like a few years ago they were targeting a certain date and then ended up announcing about 2 weeks before that because they finished earlier.

And honestly, if they wanted to go for maximum effect, they wouldn't do it so close to the draft.

Crizilla

Reaction score
you can't trust a website called "nflschedule17" cmon man

FAKE NEWS

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Updated with link on the first post. Have a good one all.

mikeak

Reaction score
The NFL knows that their ability to keep anything secret is impossible. I mean if I was a gambling man (which I am) I would set the odds at them keeping something secret at such a negative number that you would need to bet a million bucks to win $1......

Point being they can try to delay completion until a certain date but once done they release it. They do target that mid April time but last year there were multiple beliefs it would be 2-3 days later than it was and it kept changing then suddenly released. So based on meetings etc that are scheduled I am sure they have a rough idea (like 6th through 13th) but specific date is usually not know

Either way within the next 4 weeks we should know :)

summesm

Reaction score
sounds about right but couple years ago it was just a week before draft. just looking at mariners schedule I see they have a home game at 1pm on sept 10 opening sunday. so unless we get one of the Monday night games the first Monday we will be opening on road.

HawkGA

Reaction score
summesm":12v4tixf said:
sounds about right but couple years ago it was just a week before draft. just looking at mariners schedule I see they have a home game at 1pm on sept 10 opening sunday. so unless we get one of the Monday night games the first Monday we will be opening on road.

They really should cancel baseball once the NFL gets underway.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Just curious - we normally hear about pre-season first or no?

RiverDog

Reaction score
kidhawk":e5qjiznw said:
HawkGA":e5qjiznw said:
sutz":e5qjiznw said:
kidhawk":e5qjiznw said:

They may (or may not) finish it until April, but that's not an accident. They time their off season announcements as a strategy to keep the NFL relevant throughout the year. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but they aren't rushing to get the schedule done ASAP, they are filling gaps as they feel necessary

I would suspect that they could finish the schedule quite quickly. Teams submit the dates their venues are inaccessible, such as the Seahawks are with Mariner games, and they assign certain priorities, such as playing mostly divisional games in December or giving teams that play in London a bye the following week. They enter all their criteria into a computer and it spits out possible schedules.

It's no coincidence that the schedule release date corresponds with the NBA regular season ending on Tuesday the 11th and the playoffs not beginning until Saturday the 15th. Thursdays are generally slow news days in the sporting world, which is why the draft is always held on a Thursday. They time these events in order to get maximum exposure. It's a great marketing ploy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
M's in town on Sunday, Sept. 10th, but on the road the 11th. They could open at home on Monday the 11th. But I suspect they will start on the road for game 1.