Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

NFL Schedule out on 20th updated..again.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
NFL Schedule out on 20th updated..again.
Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:04 am
  • Was out looking for sites that may tell us when it may come out and came across this site and the data with it. Hope it is correct.

Found out if they are feeding me the correct data that the schedule will be out on the 6th of april.

http://www.nflschedule17.com/seahawks.html

From ^^^^ site........"Currently Displaying Last Year's Schedule:
    Opponents & Matchups with Home & Away will be released Dec. 29th 2016.
    2016-2017 NFL Schedule for all 32 franchises on Thursday, April 6th 2017."

This off season is becoming brutal........he he he

http://www.nflschedule2017.com/releasedate.html
    Last edited by Seahawkfan80 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seems early to me. And every off season is brutal lately. :laugh:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Last year, I believe the schedule was released 2 weeks before the draft. This year the draft is scheduled to start April 27th, so if they stay true to what they did last year, you can expect it on April 13th. The 6th isn't an impossibility, but it would be a bit earlier than it was last year.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:Last year, I believe the schedule was released 2 weeks before the draft. This year the draft is scheduled to start April 27th, so if they stay true to what they did last year, you can expect it on April 13th. The 6th isn't an impossibility, but it would be a bit earlier than it was last year.

Thanks, wasn't sure exactly how it worked. Probably want it a bit close to generate interest before draft weekend.

It's all about ratings and the benjamins.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Last year, I believe the schedule was released 2 weeks before the draft. This year the draft is scheduled to start April 27th, so if they stay true to what they did last year, you can expect it on April 13th. The 6th isn't an impossibility, but it would be a bit earlier than it was last year.

Thanks, wasn't sure exactly how it worked. Probably want it a bit close to generate interest before draft weekend.

you are absolutely correct. It's a part of the NFL's off season strategy of staying in the news cycle.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• sutz wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Last year, I believe the schedule was released 2 weeks before the draft. This year the draft is scheduled to start April 27th, so if they stay true to what they did last year, you can expect it on April 13th. The 6th isn't an impossibility, but it would be a bit earlier than it was last year.

IIRC they release the schedule when they finish it. The announcement for when they release it usually comes about the same day. They don't really sit on it and keep it a surprise. Once it is finished, it is released.

Might get a tipoff of individual games, like prime time games or overseas games, as they get those locked down.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:
    sutz wrote:

IIRC they release the schedule when they finish it. The announcement for when they release it usually comes about the same day. They don't really sit on it and keep it a surprise. Once it is finished, it is released.

Might get a tipoff of individual games, like prime time games or overseas games, as they get those locked down.

They may (or may not) finish it until April, but that's not an accident. They time their off season announcements as a strategy to keep the NFL relevant throughout the year. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but they aren't rushing to get the schedule done ASAP, they are filling gaps as they feel necessary

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Probably. But I recall somebody at the league saying that it does in fact take a while as there are so many combinations and considerations they have to include. It seems like a few years ago they were targeting a certain date and then ended up announcing about 2 weeks before that because they finished earlier.

And honestly, if they wanted to go for maximum effect, they wouldn't do it so close to the draft.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• you can't trust a website called "nflschedule17" cmon man

FAKE NEWS
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:you can't trust a website called "nflschedule17" cmon man

FAKE NEWS

Yeah, using an "old style" helmet/logo as well............geeeeeeesh :stirthepot:
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

• Updated with link on the first post. Have a good one all.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• The NFL knows that their ability to keep anything secret is impossible. I mean if I was a gambling man (which I am) I would set the odds at them keeping something secret at such a negative number that you would need to bet a million bucks to win $1......

Point being they can try to delay completion until a certain date but once done they release it. They do target that mid April time but last year there were multiple beliefs it would be 2-3 days later than it was and it kept changing then suddenly released. So based on meetings etc that are scheduled I am sure they have a rough idea (like 6th through 13th) but specific date is usually not know

Either way within the next 4 weeks we should know :)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• sounds about right but couple years ago it was just a week before draft. just looking at mariners schedule I see they have a home game at 1pm on sept 10 opening sunday. so unless we get one of the Monday night games the first Monday we will be opening on road.
    summesm
    NET Rookie

• summesm wrote:sounds about right but couple years ago it was just a week before draft. just looking at mariners schedule I see they have a home game at 1pm on sept 10 opening sunday. so unless we get one of the Monday night games the first Monday we will be opening on road.

They really should cancel baseball once the NFL gets underway.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Just curious - we normally hear about pre-season first or no?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Yes preseason will be announced before I bet we see that real soon.
    summesm
    NET Rookie

• kidhawk wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:
    sutz wrote:

They may (or may not) finish it until April, but that's not an accident. They time their off season announcements as a strategy to keep the NFL relevant throughout the year. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but they aren't rushing to get the schedule done ASAP, they are filling gaps as they feel necessary

I would suspect that they could finish the schedule quite quickly. Teams submit the dates their venues are inaccessible, such as the Seahawks are with Mariner games, and they assign certain priorities, such as playing mostly divisional games in December or giving teams that play in London a bye the following week. They enter all their criteria into a computer and it spits out possible schedules.

It's no coincidence that the schedule release date corresponds with the NBA regular season ending on Tuesday the 11th and the playoffs not beginning until Saturday the 15th. Thursdays are generally slow news days in the sporting world, which is why the draft is always held on a Thursday. They time these events in order to get maximum exposure. It's a great marketing ploy.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• M's in town on Sunday, Sept. 10th, but on the road the 11th. They could open at home on Monday the 11th. But I suspect they will start on the road for game 1.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm thinking that the Pre-season games ought to be announced the first week in April.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• yeah, they do seem to at least give us that tease ahead of time
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Looks like the schedule will come out 4/18 now
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:Looks like the schedule will come out 4/18 now

As there hasn't been an official announcement for when they are releasing it, I'd look for it late next week. Probably have an announcement show at 7pm ET on the NFL network and maybe ESPN as well. They have historically released it on Thursday's, so it's looking like next Thursday at 7 pm ET is the likeliest release date.

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Ya...whatever. Kinda glad it did not come out today after all......ugh.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• I'm looking forward to see when we get that Packers away game. The sooner we get that loss out the way, the better.

That's the only game I'm concerned about this season tbh. Especially after last season's meltdown in Lambeau
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I know why it was not yesterday now. I recall seeing that the WNBA had their draft start yesterday evening. Gotta go with mass potential viewership. Glad tho, I am under the weather...and it is snowing hard right now.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• I haven't really been too anxious for the schedule to come out the past few years, because I knew I wasn't going to be able to fly in to attend a game, but this year, I just might be able to fly down for a game, so I'm definitely excited for the schedule to come out so I can get an idea of which game I may come down for.

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jerhawk wrote:I'm looking forward to see when we get that Packers away game. The sooner we get that loss out the way, the better.

That's the only game I'm concerned about this season tbh. Especially after last season's meltdown in Lambeau

Don't the Packers typically slump early in the season? Could be a win if the game is between Week 4-8.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:I'm looking forward to see when we get that Packers away game. The sooner we get that loss out the way, the better.

Don't the Packers typically slump early in the season? Could be a win if the game is between Week 4-8.

Good point. As long as that game isn't in November or December.
    Hopefully the team goes in there so pist off, they pull one out
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Also, I was reading an article that said after his break-up, Rodgers is spending time with fashion designers rather than working out with his teammates. Always good for chemistry!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:Also, I was reading an article that said after his break-up, Rodgers is spending time with fashion designers rather than working out with his teammates. Always good for chemistry!

Oops...posted this at packerchat.....LMAO.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• HawkGA wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:I'm looking forward to see when we get that Packers away game. The sooner we get that loss out the way, the better.

I believe we lost to the Packers in week 2 back in '15 and then in mid--December this past season, so we're equal opportunity losers at Lambeau.

The Sounders have Sunday home games week 1 (Sept 10th) and then October 15th and 22nd. Thus, those are all likely road weeks or a bye, unless they try to fit in a Thursday night home game.
    Rainmaker
    NET Practice Squad

• HawkGA wrote:Also, I was reading an article that said after his break-up, Rodgers is spending time with fashion designers rather than working out with his teammates. Always good for chemistry!

It's widely speculated by many and pretty much believed by not much less that he's gay. His hatred of his brother that is nowhere near as successful athletically and of his family, that has done or said NOTHING bad about him proves volumes of he's trying to hide something nobody cares about anymore. Do your thing Erin it isn't 1950-70 anymore.

He's pretty handsome in a metrosexual way. He should go with it like Beckham/Posh Spice or just come out like a man like Right Said Fred. I'm Too Sexy and leave it to the real haters to show themselves as the assholes they are. Either choice leaves more women for me to try and date. So win win. :mrgreen:
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Rainmaker wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:

I believe we lost to the Packers in week 2 back in '15 and then in mid--December this past season, so we're equal opportunity losers at Lambeau.

I don't "worry" about any team until about 4 weeks into the regular season let alone before we've even had the draft. As much as rosters turn over, it's very hard to handicap an NFL schedule in advance of the regular season and even then it's still a crap shoot. Last season we headed into the stretch run (post Thanksgiving) with the weakest schedule in the league yet we managed to screw up not only HFA but a first round bye as well.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• Let us play the rams first game on the road so we can get that one out of the way.
    Somehow they find a way to lose that one
    "We Have 70 Dollars And A Pair Of Girls Underpants. We're Safe As Kittens I'm Telling You!"
    seahawksny
    NET Veteran

• It's now official. NFL will release the schedule on Thursday April 20 at 8 pm Eastern (5 pm Pacific). It's exclusively on NFL Network and NFL.com, but it will be up on every football site almost immediately thereafter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000800770/article/2017-nfl-schedule-to-be-released-thursday

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• yup just saw that tweewted
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• seahawksny wrote:Let us play the rams first game on the road so we can get that one out of the way.
    Somehow they find a way to lose that one

Let's hope that trend left with Jeff Fischer.......
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• The Cards got Jimmy-Jacked by the schedule makers. 5 10am games plus a London game.
    Yeouch! I'd be pissed if I were them.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information