Top free-agent offensive tackle options-Jordan RaananESPN

ivotuk

Reaction score
Looks to me like Jordan writes about the Giants, but he covers the position a lot of teams are interested in this year.

"The injury risks: Matt Kalil (Vikings), Menelik Watson (Raiders), Sebastian Vollmer (Patriots), Andre Smith (Vikings)

Consider all four of these options crap shoots. Kalil missed most of the 2016 season following hip surgery and his uneven play at left tackle before the injury makes him a questionable starter for 2017, no matter where he lands.

Watson was also a high pick in the draft but has been hampered by a litany of injuries and inconsistent play. He was in and out of the Raiders' starting lineup most of the year.

Vollmer and Smith at least have a track record of playing at a high level. The problem is that neither has been healthy or done it in several years. Vollmer missed all of this past season with a hip injury. Smith missed most of the year with an elbow problem and was on the downside of his career anyway."

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giant ... le-options

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good post Ivotuk. I heard on the radio that Jared Veldheer may be on the outs in Arizona. He was the Cards starting LT before he got injured during the last season. DJ Humphries took over there and the Cards are penciling him in as starter moving forward.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I saw something on face book about the jets releasing Nick Mangold.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Any of the released lineman are 50/50 crap shoots at best.

So I'd be shocked if we went hard after any of them during the first overpay wave of FA. But if any of them slip into the 2nd and 3rd wave of signing them to a team friendly incentive deal, I'd be fine with that.

Largent80

Reaction score
These re-treads are exactly THAT. Tires with a solid foundation but an exterior that is very fragile. Hell maybe even the interior integrity is damaged. Dudes just trying for one more payday.

PASS on ALL of them.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
brimsalabim":bjrrr4is said:

Yes, and there has to be a lot of interest in other teams considering picking him up. He could still have 2 two solid season left in him - just a matter of $$$.

Guys was the best and remains among the best in the league.

Largent80

Reaction score
semiahmoo":vhi1taet said:
brimsalabim":vhi1taet said:

Yes, and there has to be a lot of interest in other teams considering picking him up. He could still have 2 two solid season left in him - just a matter of $$$.

Guys was the best and remains among the best in the league.

And OTHER TEAMS has nothing to do with the Seahawks. We have our center for the long time future in Britt.

There are ZERO reasons for the Hawks to bring back Okung and Giacomini (who actually have experience here).

It's time to move on from them and kiss expensive OLD free agents to other teams.

Latest posts