Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2017 Seahawks, Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Thanks, as both were ERFAs and were tendered by the team i have treated alll the ERFAs as being signed unless they don't wish to play football this season. As a result I already recorded them both as 'signed' when they were tendered.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• As we all know the Hawks refused to match Gilliams' one year contract offer from the 49ers as was their right with their RFR level tender to him, so Gillam is now signed by the 49ers w/o compensation to the Hawks.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Is Tre Madden still on the team? He is still listed on seahawks.com
    LolaRox
    NET Veteran

• The Seahawks.com roster and DC threads are out of date.

Madden was placed on IR last season as an undrafted player, at the end of the season he was apparently not renewed. I could be wrong about this. Truthfully I'm not sure of the answer to your question because it is possible he still remains on IR or reverted to the team after the season ended b/c of an existing contract. Interestingly though he is shown on the team's roster list and so he could be and I have missed him.

Final answer = I don't know for sure. He is shown on the team's roster thread, and he is accounted for as being on the roster at OTC.com.

Now I'm sleuthing on this.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Thanks LolaRox for having me check this. I believe you were right to ask me check this and I now believe Tre Madden is on the team and my OP DC is incomplete by not including him. I may have misread things at the end of the season causing this error.

FYI he is listed on the team roster page, as well as on ourlads.com and on rostermon.com. Further confirmation comes from OTC.com and Spotrac.com.

I will now make this correction and add him to the roster. I note that he tried out last season as a FB before being placed on IR so instead of being buried on the night w very deep RB DC he just might be a FB.

BTW I appreciate the heads up and your inquiry. This type of inquiry and correction is exactly what I need to make the Dc as accurate as information allows it to be.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• No problem.

I appreciate you doing this. It's nice to come here and see the information. :irishdrinkers:
    LolaRox
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk have signed QB- Jake Heaps. He returns as a candidate for the backup's job with Boykin facing his multilevelled legal problems. Heaps if nothing else is a steady Eddie type with an adequate arm. Am curious about the WVU QB who has a reputation as a mad bomber.

I'm uncertain about the players that have been added as UDFAs b/c at least one may have signed elsewhere, and players who have been signed for tryouts may be added to the list, and/or the list is incomplete. I will revise this when I know moreover the team formally announces their UDFA signings.

Numbers have been assigned to the players added in FA and the DC updated now the numbers are assigned.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• There seems to be something goofy with roster numbers as the team seems to have more than the maximum 90 players.

As a result Players seemingly on the roster may in fact not be.

I am holding off adding more until the team clarifies the situation as the numbers seem out of whack.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:There seems to be something goofy with roster numbers as the team seems to have more than the maximum 90 players.

As a result Players seemingly on the roster may in fact not be.

I am holding off adding more until the team clarifies the situation as the numbers seem out of whack.

The reason is ......................

The draft picks are not counted until they sign a contract with the team. The 90 man roster limit applies only to players currently under contract for 2017.

...................... so right now the upper limit for your list would be a maximum of 90 signed players + 11 unsigned draft picks. As the unsigned draft picks are signed, someone will be released when necessary to keep the number of signed players at the 90 man limit.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks, still a tad uncertain about which players are UDFAs and which are here for tryouts, if any. My DC then seems a few players short as there are 96 players listed.

The roster limit then instead of 90 is really 101 players if you don't count the unsigned draft picks but they are included in the 101 number. I'm sure the team has offered and the draft picks will all or presumably have all signed assurances they will not lose their right to a contract at the slot drafted if injured during minicamps or workouts.

Of course what you say is correct I had just just assumed these drafted players counted but in reality they are only picked to be eligible to be offered a contract by the team for 4 years or moredepending on round drafted.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I have now updated to show all the UDFA additions that have been reported as signing. However the numbers are wrong and it appears as if there are 103 players on my lists and at most if we don't inclusde the drafted players there should be 101.

I've noted my uncertainty about the accuracy of the UDFA signings as there is so notheing officially reported from the team.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I am sure there are a few holes yet and transactions not etched in stone, main site still in flux as well, I would just keep an eye on your sources and main site to see the updates.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• He's back ....... ..................... returning from an Achilles injury IIRC.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I believe the OP DC is now up to date, at least to all the transactions reported so far by the local media. The numbers are goofy and 3 players over the number I believe to be the maximum, but until the team indicates who has actually been signed as a player under contract the reported signings from the media has to suffice. To

One thing that is immediately apparent, competition for every position on the team will be rather intense.

The RB numbers are flat out silly and for the winners staying healthy will be critical. That competition will be very interesting,

Who wins the OLine battles will also be very interesting, as will be the WR competitions (where the WR numbers are big). In fact the whole team depth for competition for jobs seems to be better than last season and except on the OLine every area was on paper seemingly strong.

The strength of the backup depth is what is now sticking out. The pile has gotten deeper, only a few jobs are safe from competition.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Here are the pre-draft pick signing numbers as presently reported by position groups

Offense
    QB- 4
    RB- 11
    FB- 3
    WR- 14
    OL- 16
    TE- 7
    Total= 55

Defence
    DE/DT- 15
    LB- 12
    CB-10
    S/DB- 7
    Total= 44

S.Teams- 5

grand total as reported = 104 yet supposed to be 101

Since this post 2 players have been clarified S- Jordan Simone was a minicamp invitee only, and RB- Kelvin Taylor has been waived. This means the numbers are only out by 1 player who will likely be another mincamp invitee.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Fri May 05, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• With regards to Brandon Cottom, I think of him more as a fall back at TE. Tight End was the one notable upset in the draft. A roster of 4 tight ends was necessary to get thru 2016. I think the staff is open to carrying 4 again in 2017. Plus with both Graham and Wilson scheduled to become free agents in 2018, the team figures to continue to churn the roster at that position for the foreseeable future ... especially coming off of the best TE rookie class in 15 years. My own preference would welcome better blocking out of the TE group.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville, I have Cottom presently listed as a FB b/c the team indicated last season they liked him best at that position, but he could be designated as a TE. Let's see how the team uses him.

Will update as far a noting the release of Taylor.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Have removed S- Jordan Simone from the roster/DC as he was a minicamp invitee only as per Condotta. RB- Kelvin Taylor was removed yesterday

Still one player to account for to make the numbers right.

EDIT: ADDED THIS SIMONE BACK TO THE ROSTER, THERE ARE SEVERAL PLAYERS WHO'S STATUS IS UNCERTAIN AND IT IS NOT CLEAR IF THEY ARE TRYOUT PLAYERS OR SIGNED UDFA PLAYERS.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Mon May 08, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• KC seems to like the team's castoffs at RB and had some success with them.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks awarded RB- Mike Davis off waivers from the 49ers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rom-49ers/

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Merciful heavens, there is going to be a battle at RB between the guys they have here.

The 4 or 5 kept are going to be well tested by the time the season starts.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap, updating now.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm on the road and it may take a bit to up date the 8 recent cuts.

With my phone it's hard to cut & paste, will try though.

Waived are:
    RB- Terrence Magee
    K- John Lunsford
    WR- Jamel Johnson
    RB- George Farmer
    CB- Perrish Cox
    DT- Rodney Coe
    C- Ross Burbank
    TE- Chris Briggs

The colour codes are not right but the OP is now updated for now

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Coinciding with todays roster announcements, seahawks.com finally got around to redesignating Pierre Desir as a corner back. As I understand it, Desir will compete to fill in for DeShawn at right corner ......eliminating the need to retain CB- Perrish Cox.

Tedrick Thompson is now listed as a free safely at seahawks.com

Gregg Bell seems to think the Seahawks will need to announce their unsigned rookie free agents some time before they report to practice for Friday’s rookie minicamp.

Patience, I suppose, is the order of the day.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville, I won't be able to update those changes until tomorrow when I get my hands upon a computer instead of a cellphone. I suspected Desir would be switched to CB , and am not surprised about the team placing Thompson as a backup FS.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• J.D. McKissic has changed to #14 on the .COM roster so makes me wonder if he's being moved to WR. Makes sense given the overload of RBs.
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks John, this change I can make with my phone.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I think everything is up to date, at least up tothe extent of our knowledge of team intentions and the actual UDFAs signed or not.

Please let me know if you see something that should be changed.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm looking forward to the weekend. With all the invitees, we'll be treated to a roster shuffle.

Keep up the good work jammer :2thumbs:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• He's added, thanks Jville.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• When Friday rolls around and we finally know what's happening with the UDFAs, there are going to be a lot of changes made here as the numbers will start to make sense. The bonus is we will finally know who is a minicamp tryout and who is signed to try to compete for roster spot.

At present with the UDFAs which we have assumed are to be signed based upon media reports and twitter posts the numbers are as follows: based upon various reports I believe the team has 51 players on O, 44 players on D, and 4 on ST for 99 overall. From this apparently b/c none of the 11 drafted players have yet been signed so are not under contract they are removed from the above 99 number making 88 so the team has room for 2 more bodies to make the total 90 until the drafted players start to sign and so with each draft pick signing after adding the 2 further players there will need to be one player waived or released. Clear as mud.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• As per: www.Seahawks.com

The numbers assigned to the draft class are:
    DT Malik McDowell: 94
    G/T Ethan Pocic: 79
    CB Shaquill Griffin: 26
    SS Delano Hill: 44
    DT Nazair Jones: 93
    WR Amara Darboh: 84
    FS Tedric Thompson: 33
    CB Mike Tyson: 40
    T Justin Senior: 65
    WR David Moore: 83
    RB Chris Carson: 32

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Rostermon.com reports that FB- Malcolm Johnson has been waived.

NOTE: This was revised to waived injured and he's now shown by Rostermon.com as being placed on IR.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Sat May 13, 2017 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks signed eight undrafted rookie free agents plus four draft picks.

Seahawks Undrafted Free Agent Signings

FB Algeron Brown, BYU, 6-foot-0, 235 pounds

QB Skyler Howard, West Virginia, 5-11, 208

DT Jeremy Liggins, Mississippi, 6-3, 315

LB Otha Peters, Louisiana-Lafayette, 6-0, 238

WR Darreus Rogers, USC, 6-1, 218

G Jordan Roos, Purdue, 6-3, 302

TE Tyrone Swoopes, Texas, 6-4, 250

LB Nick Usher, Texas-El Paso, 6-3, 235

Confirmation on Johnson and Williams.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks for the above Jville.

FYI, Bryce Williams finished last season playing for the Patriots.

updated.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Yep, the team is combing through candidates available to them to find a special player to add to the pile. The competition at quite a few positions is going tho be very intense this offseason. No job, with just a few exceptions, will be completely safe.

I'm uncertain what it is they are looking for at TE but this position group and the RB group sem to have interesting and very compendious numbers to choose from. The WR numbers are interesting too.

As ever there will be good players who just miss the team available all alround the league.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• It was reported by Bob Condotta the Speedy Noil was being tried at RB during the rookie minicamp. He's a high SPARQ player with a history of off field troubles. He's certainly explosive and must have shown the staff something over the weekend if he is actually signed. He's normally as WR so whatever he does will involve some ST work if he is to make the team.

I will wait to see him reported as being signed before listing him in the DC as several other UDFA players tweeted they'd been signed by the team and the whole team reporting of their signings has been slow. Now the numbers have settled in at 90 his addition will likely involve one deletion.

Thanks for posting this Jville you are connected well via Twitter.

EDIT NOTE:

Now added.

This player seems like another Harvinesque type offensive piece. Is he a WR or is he a RB? He certainly seems explosive, and elusive however raw and inexperienced at WR.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Mon May 15, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Speedy Noil is one of the greatest names in football history.
    GLio14
    NET Rookie

• jammerhawk wrote:It was reported by Bob Condotta the Speedy Noil was being tried at RB during the rookie minicamp. He's a high SPARQ player with a history of off field troubles. He's certainly explosive and must have shown the staff something over the weekend if he is actually signed. He's normally as WR so whatever he does will involve some ST work if he is to make the team.

I will wait to see him reported as being signed before listing him in the DC as several other UDFA players tweeted they'd been signed by the team and the whole team reporting of their signings has been slow. Now the numbers have settled in at 90 his addition will likely involve one deletion.

Thanks for posting this Jville you are connected well via Twitter.

This makes me super happy, I posted in another thread that I really think this guy would make an amazing back up or even a replacement to Prosise if Prosise can't stay healthy. I'm excited.
    City Of Reign
    NET Starter

• Waiting on the player to be announced as waived or released.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville, updating now.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• As of yet, seahawks.com doesn't yet publish a reserve list. But NFL transactions published this >>>>

"5/12 Malcolm Johnson RB Reserve/Injured from Waived/Injured; Not Against 90" ..... as a follow up a transaction published the previous day >>>>

"5/11 Malcolm Johnson RB Waived, Injured, Prior to Cut to 75"

So, as I understand it, Malcolm has cleared waivers and is presumably a Seahawk reserve.

Link >>> http://www.nfl.com/transactions?transactionMonth=5&transactionYear=2017&transactionTeamAbbr=SEA
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville, that is already noted.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I plan on moving the UFA, RFA, ERFAs to below the undrafted player and will leave them on the lists here until the beginning of TC.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• The Hawks on Wednesday signed former Skyline High standout Jordan Simone and cornerback Marcus Cromartie while waiving running back Troymaine Pope and receiver Speedy Noil.

Updated.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information