Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

If I was gm, I would build next year's team by......

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I would sign a big name rt in free agency, first and foremost. I really like whitworth for a couple of years. He could really teach fant a lot. I truly believe that glows play was hindered significantly from bad Lt play. I would also like to see them sign a rb or CB also, maybe both. I just read that the raiders are going to release latavius Murray. I love this guy. I think he would do great added to the rb room. If they brought in an Lt, and one or both cb and rb, that would allow them to draft bpa, and not so much for need. Also, whitworth said he wants to play for a contender, and I think they could get him for less than some of the other Lt out there.

    I really would also like to see Reece brought back on a two year contract. That dude has plenty of tread on the tires. I want to see him have an entire off season with the team. If they can get McCray back for cheap, they should pull the trigger.

    The cool thing about this off season, is all of the players coming off ir and also some new guys added go the competition. They have Pierre desir, Quinton Jefferson, cotton, tuk, and others. Pcjs seem jacked about the progress desir made last year learning the system. Then there is Stanley jean-baptise. That dude is six three, 210.

    The more I think about it, I think ideally I want them to sign a mid tier, cheaper cb, and draft a playmaker. Hopefully the starter would either be desir, baptise or the rookie. I must say, I have high hopes for desir. PC called him out specifically, and usually the players he calls out like that are the real deal.

    If things pan out, I think we will see a lot of improvement this year. Just a few small holes to plug. And with some good luck with injuries, we are in contention for another superbowl.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 593
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


  • Sign Trumaine Johnson
    Sign Chris Baker
    Sign Ricky Wagner

    Get 4 solid starters for positions of need/depth (OL, CB, RB, LB, DT) out of the first 5 picks and we're golden.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2111
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • If I'm building...

    OL:

    Looking at the expected UFA/ street FA market, I think the best avenue is probably to add a player by trade. Would be tough to achieve. But probably not as tough as trying to polish one of the FA options into a quality player.

    Failing that, there are real quality OG prospects that should be available for us at 26. I do think Ifedi will be a better OT prospect for 2017 than the prospects we'll likely to have on the board this year. It would be preferable in my estimation to go OG this year, and to move Ifedi.

    CB: Take two. This is a year where truly exceptional athleticism should intersect with both availability and measurement ideals. Seattle is very consistent in adding high end athletic testers with measurables early in the draft. There are guys who should merit strong day 1 consideration.

    If Seattle really grades versus what's on the roster, then what's Jeremy Lane's relative grade? I have to think the 2nd CB spot is going to have a very high delta this offseason. Not to say Lane is junk. Or that we don't have good depth. But I would not be willing to mortgage an entire season (and likely postseason run) on whether we get more than what we've seen from these understudies.

    LB or WR:

    This draft has good talent likely to be on the board at these positions in R3.
    User avatar
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1895
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm


  • If I was gm i'd have some fun :)

    firings aside...

    I'm finally saving Joe Thomas career and bringing him over to give him something to play for. They wanted a 2nd for him last year, lets hope they bite on both 3rd round compensatory picks and we'll throw in Gilliam for shits and gigs. Probably a 2nd still unfortunately, but we saw last year how one good ol'man can change a line around with Mack, time to get the better player out of cleveland

    sign Josh Gordon to a 1 year prove it deal. Let's cash this lottery ticket and give us another play maker while Tylers rounding back into form.

    Sign Nick Fairley...should be reasonably priced but can get to the qb as a 3tech. Nice addition to the rotation.


    Draft heavy on defense. Corners are the necessity but, DE, OLB, DT, wherever the best talents we can grab are after corner. Do not waste a pick on any ol players coming out of the draft, this drafts a year to retool on defense with the insane talent out there so lets get some depth. Also hope to hell Mixon falls way down...

    between Sherm/Mixon/Fairley/Gordon/Clark our reputation for harboring trouble makers will be legendary
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1110
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


  • flmmkrz wrote:If I was gm i'd have some fun :)

    firings aside...

    I'm finally saving Joe Thomas career and bringing him over to give him something to play for. They wanted a 2nd for him last year, lets hope they bite on both 3rd round compensatory picks and we'll throw in Gilliam for shits and gigs. Probably a 2nd still unfortunately, but we saw last year how one good ol'man can change a line around with Mack, time to get the better player out of cleveland

    sign Josh Gordon to a 1 year prove it deal. Let's cash this lottery ticket and give us another play maker while Tylers rounding back into form.

    Sign Nick Fairley...should be reasonably priced but can get to the qb as a 3tech. Nice addition to the rotation.


    Draft heavy on defense. Corners are the necessity but, DE, OLB, DT, wherever the best talents we can grab are after corner. Do not waste a pick on any ol players coming out of the draft, this drafts a year to retool on defense with the insane talent out there so lets get some depth. Also hope to hell Mixon falls way down...

    between Sherm/Mixon/Fairley/Gordon/Clark our reputation for harboring trouble makers will be legendary


    I'm sold. I had the same thoughts on Gordon. But, I like the way you went. Awesome post.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 593
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


  • Pretty sure if any of us were GM we would have to find a whole Coaching staff first. :)
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20889
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • 1. First, do whatever it takes to significantly improve the running game.

    I think it became obvious how much our entire team, from Russell to the defense, benefits from having an elite running game. To address this, I would personally buy the best tackle money can get, if there is a really good one, maybe the guy from Cinci. Maybe Okung. But I would not overpay a mediocre player. Getting someone to compete with our guards. Tempted to try Ifedi at tackle, but i'm afraid our pass protection might suffer even more by doing that. Also, I would look at options for improving the running back position, possibly in a similar fashion to how we got Lynch. Is there a backup that isn't being used correctly by their current team? Is there anyone listening to offers for their elite backs? Murray? Shady? Does Ivory have anything left? I want Joe Williams pretty badly in the draft. Alvin Kamara is intriguing in the draft as well.

    I'm also done with the Jimmy Graham experiment, unless we can get him into the slot and use another TE as the primary blocking TE. I don't see how you can be an elite, physical team with a subpar blocker at TE.

    2. Get more badasses. Lynch, Browner, Irvin, etc. We don't have anybody left with an edge that would win a brawl in a phone booth. Hard to be the bad guy when you have a team full of good guys.

    3. Get a real corner in a great CB draft. I don't think Jones or Humphrey fall to us, but I'd trade up if they get close. Also would love Budda in the slot, as he could also serve as a backup safety and ultimately replace Earl. I think he's a monster close to the line, like a Tyronn Mathieu. I don't mean to be Husky biased, but I think Kevin King is absolutely perfect for us if he is still around in the second round. A 6'3 CB that played almost his entire college career at RCB. Sign me up. I like Shead a lot, but he isn't a true corner. Bumping him to the primary backup could allow him to backup both safety positions as well as corner when he comes back. Think of having him back there instead of Terrell or McCray.

    4. Still love to have a big WR. Somebody we could run a slant or comeback to on 3rd down that could win a route. Also could help blocking in the run game. I think this piece could potentially have a more immediate impact than anything else we could get.

    5. Pass rush, preferably on the interior. Interior pass rushers are just about impossible to find, but remember how much better our rush was when McDonald was here or Hill was playing well? Also, Cassius Marsh just isn't a 3rd down specialist. We need a pretty drastic upgrade here. Good rotational guy and special teamer, but he just can't get unblocked well enough to be on the field on so many 3rd downs. If we added an interior rusher, Frank could play outside on 3rd downs.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3654
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:1. First, do whatever it takes to significantly improve the running game.

    I think it became obvious how much our entire team, from Russell to the defense, benefits from having an elite running game. To address this, I would personally buy the best tackle money can get, if there is a really good one, maybe the guy from Cinci. Maybe Okung. But I would not overpay a mediocre player. Getting someone to compete with our guards. Tempted to try Ifedi at tackle, but i'm afraid our pass protection might suffer even more by doing that. Also, I would look at options for improving the running back position, possibly in a similar fashion to how we got Lynch. Is there a backup that isn't being used correctly by their current team? Is there anyone listening to offers for their elite backs? Murray? Shady? Does Ivory have anything left? I want Joe Williams pretty badly in the draft. Alvin Kamara is intriguing in the draft as well.

    I'm also done with the Jimmy Graham experiment, unless we can get him into the slot and use another TE as the primary blocking TE. I don't see how you can be an elite, physical team with a subpar blocker at TE.

    2. Get more badasses. Lynch, Browner, Irvin, etc. We don't have anybody left with an edge that would win a brawl in a phone booth. Hard to be the bad guy when you have a team full of good guys.

    3. Get a real corner in a great CB draft. I don't think Jones or Humphrey fall to us, but I'd trade up if they get close. Also would love Budda in the slot, as he could also serve as a backup safety and ultimately replace Earl. I think he's a monster close to the line, like a Tyronn Mathieu. I don't mean to be Husky biased, but I think Kevin King is absolutely perfect for us if he is still around in the second round. A 6'3 CB that played almost his entire college career at RCB. Sign me up. I like Shead a lot, but he isn't a true corner. Bumping him to the primary backup could allow him to backup both safety positions as well as corner when he comes back. Think of having him back there instead of Terrell or McCray.

    4. Still love to have a big WR. Somebody we could run a slant or comeback to on 3rd down that could win a route. Also could help blocking in the run game. I think this piece could potentially have a more immediate impact than anything else we could get.

    5. Pass rush, preferably on the interior. Interior pass rushers are just about impossible to find, but remember how much better our rush was when McDonald was here or Hill was playing well? Also, Cassius Marsh just isn't a 3rd down specialist. We need a pretty drastic upgrade here. Good rotational guy and special teamer, but he just can't get unblocked well enough to be on the field on so many 3rd downs. If we added an interior rusher, Frank could play outside on 3rd downs.


    I like king a lot. I really would like to see him about 15 lbs heavier though. Alshon Jeffery will be available, he would fit that mold. But, I hope the jets release Marshall. I saw on his show "inside the NFL" I think it is, where he was praising the Seahawks for how good the organization is top to bottom. He then went on to say how if cut, he would take next to no money to play for a contender. The way it was all worded made me infer that he really wants to play for the Hawks.

    I know some people are turned off by marshal. But I think his personality would fit here. We all know our guys, a lot of them would be a distraction anywhere else, but Pete fosters individuality. It is one of the things I love most.

    Brandon marshal owns the record for most 100 yd games by a wr.he has consistently been a top 5 to 10 wr in the league, while his QBs have been in the bottom five. This dude has the size, speed and skill that is comparable to Julio. Well, his speed was closer when he was younger, lol. He wasn't as fast as Julio, but not far behind. If he had a Matt Ryan, tom Brady, or Rogers, who knows where this guy could have gone on the all time great list.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 593
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


  • flmmkrz wrote:If I was gm i'd have some fun :)

    sign Josh Gordon to a 1 year prove it deal. Let's cash this lottery ticket and give us another play maker while Tylers rounding back into form.

    Josh Gordon has not been reinstated yet and the Browns own him for 2 more years still.
    User avatar
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 323
    Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm


  • fridayfrenzy wrote:
    flmmkrz wrote:If I was gm i'd have some fun :)

    sign Josh Gordon to a 1 year prove it deal. Let's cash this lottery ticket and give us another play maker while Tylers rounding back into form.

    Josh Gordon has not been reinstated yet and the Browns own him for 2 more years still.


    The browns have already said he isn't in their plans and they're moving on without him so whether that means trade or outright release we'll see but his value is nil so either way he's going to be a cheap get... and he applied for reinstatement
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1110
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:If I'm building...

    OL:

    Looking at the expected UFA/ street FA market, I think the best avenue is probably to add a player by trade. Would be tough to achieve. But probably not as tough as trying to polish one of the FA options into a quality player.

    Failing that, there are real quality OG prospects that should be available for us at 26. I do think Ifedi will be a better OT prospect for 2017 than the prospects we'll likely to have on the board this year. It would be preferable in my estimation to go OG this year, and to move Ifedi.

    CB: Take two. This is a year where truly exceptional athleticism should intersect with both availability and measurement ideals. Seattle is very consistent in adding high end athletic testers with measurables early in the draft. There are guys who should merit strong day 1 consideration.

    If Seattle really grades versus what's on the roster, then what's Jeremy Lane's relative grade? I have to think the 2nd CB spot is going to have a very high delta this offseason. Not to say Lane is junk. Or that we don't have good depth. But I would not be willing to mortgage an entire season (and likely postseason run) on whether we get more than what we've seen from these understudies.

    LB or WR:

    This draft has good talent likely to be on the board at these positions in R3.


    Great thread, excellent responses. This is my personal preference. I think a pass covering OLB is a MUST, as well as an RCB. At 26, RCB is probably BPA. But I think there's some options in 2, 3 and 4 if a fast LB is there at 26. I would even be open to a trade back if King is not there.

    McShay has us getting Cam Robinson, and Brock thinks he's a great RT, but I don't want to invest that much in a guy who may or may not be a value at 26. There are mixed reviews on Robinson. I would prefer to sign someone like "The Big Russian." Not fantastic, but good, has that "edge" that some have mentioned, and could mentor Gary Gilliam. Teach him how to be a "dirtbag." :2thumbs:

    I want to see what Odiahmbo can do at Tackle when healthy. I've read differing opinions on his ability, with some saying he would be serviceable, which is good enough for me, and some saying he's a guard only. Even so, we need some decent Tackle depth.

    I like Fairly if he's cheap. He's revived his career, but only because he has too. He's a lazy SOB and needs a perform equals pay contract.

    Absolutely Love Brandon Marshall and would love to get him a ring. He's a class act that has struggled with psychological issues. I admire him for coming out about that, and supporting treatment for it and for others. The more I watch him on Inside the NFL, the more I respect him.

    No thanks to Josh Gordon. Don't want the hassle or the distraction, and somebody will overpay him anyway.

    At least 3 each 6 foot DBs, and an OG.

    My biggest struggle though, is do I stand pat with my 3rd round picks, or do I trade back to pick up more 4th and 5th round picks? Right now, I'd prefer to stand pat, and the only trade scenario I'd be open to is trading a 3rd for a 2018 2nd round pick. I think we have a fairly full roster right now, and some good talent coming in this draft, so I'm thinking that I'm not so gung-ho to pick a lot of players, but instead, try to get high quality players.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 15376
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • Draft the entire D backfield.

    Earl, broken leg. Shead, Torn ACL. Kam, deteriorating and missing time every year.

    Simon was hung onto for years and was garbage. Now we have another group of holdovers on the PS squad. Lane was hot garbage last year and regressed horribly.

    It is time to draft DB's and this draft is loaded with them. Get it done.

    RB is deep in the draft. Prosise and Rawls both injured most of the year, they aren't aging like our DB's but one has to be concerned about health.

    This draft is DEEEEEEEEEEEEp in Rb's.

    Get one.

    Get a young SAM LB in the draft.

    The hell with FA for the most part. If they can get someone to help the OL then OK, but I don't see a savior out there.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm



  • Largent80 wrote:Obi Melifonwu would be the perfect Kam replacement IMO.


    Rising way too fast up the draft boards, somebody will end up reaching too early on him that unless we took him at 26 we wouldn't get a sniff and that's way too early with Evans and Maye both likely to be sitting around till the 3rd and 4th. I think any of them could be Kams future replacement, and all bring the same stick that Kam played with.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1110
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


  • flmmkrz wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Obi Melifonwu would be the perfect Kam replacement IMO.


    Rising way too fast up the draft boards, somebody will end up reaching too early on him that unless we took him at 26 we wouldn't get a sniff and that's way too early with Evans and Maye both likely to be sitting around till the 3rd and 4th. I think any of them could be Kams future replacement, and all bring the same stick that Kam played with.


    Easy to type, but as far as play, not so much.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • Largent80 wrote:
    flmmkrz wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Obi Melifonwu would be the perfect Kam replacement IMO.


    Rising way too fast up the draft boards, somebody will end up reaching too early on him that unless we took him at 26 we wouldn't get a sniff and that's way too early with Evans and Maye both likely to be sitting around till the 3rd and 4th. I think any of them could be Kams future replacement, and all bring the same stick that Kam played with.


    Easy to type, but as far as play, not so much.


    Course its easier to type but would you take him at 26, cause it doesn't look like we'd see him in round 2 unless we traded way up

    I'm not saying he's not the better player of the 3 but I'm saying is he worth the reach or would the other guys be nfl calibre ss who would be enforcers like Kam.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1110
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


  • Largent80 wrote:Obi Melifonwu would be the perfect Kam replacement IMO.


    I actually like this Kids size and attitude, Raw and needs some technique improvement, but would allow us to maintain the heavy hitter in the box as well as match up size wise. Could add more muscle as well to his upper body to improve his strength to shed blocks and handle TE's, would be able to Mentor under Kam and should be available to us later.

    Josh Harvey-Clemons
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20889
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Step 1: Solidfy Defensive Front 7

    Sign DL Calais Campbell, 5 years, 60 million

    Likely could make up as much as 16m but I'm hoping realizing what he could bring to this defense, teams championship window, and being able to stick it to Arians twice a year will help lower his price.

    Step 2. Solidify O-Line

    Sign OG Ronald Leary, 5 years, 40 million
    Sign OT Breno Giacomini, 1 year, 1 million

    KC set the market for OGs, so while I would want Leary at like 6-7, 8-9m looks like the price. Leary has been dependable for the Cowboys for the last 4 years. At 27 years old, he's just entering his prime. He's gotten better each season and was quietly elite last year. Superb pass-blocker who can road grade with experience last season with a QB similar to Russ Wilson. Also, gives everything he has on every play. Just a really quality OG and I love him over any other lineman on the market or in the draft. I liken Leary to the Brandon Mebane of Offensive Guards.

    Step 3. Keep The Floor

    Re-sign

    UFAs:

    FB Marcel Reese, 1 year, 1.5 million
    TE, Brandon Williams, 1 year, Vet Min.
    LB, Mike Morgan, 1 year, Vet Min.
    CB, Neiko Thorpe, 1 year, 1 million
    SS, Jeron Johnson, 1 year, Vet Min.

    Estimated Cost: 5m

    RFAs (all 1 year, RFA min):-

    RB, Troymaine Pope
    OT, Garry Gilliam
    MLB, Brock Croyle
    LB/S, Dewey McDonald
    CB, Mo Seisay
    CB, Stanley Jean-Baptisse
    FS, Steven Terell

    Estimated Cost: 4.5m

    Note: Not All these guys will make the cut.

    Step 4. Extend.

    OC, Justin Britt, 4 years
    TE, Jimmy Graham, 2 years
    DE, Cliff Avril, 2 years
    SS, Kam Chancellor, 2 years


    Notes on Step 1, Defensive Front 7 Outlook With Calais Campbell.

    DE: Bennett, Campbell, Avril, (Clark), (Marsh)
    DT: Rubin, Reed, Jefferson, Smith

    SLB: Clark, Morgan, Marsh
    MLB: Wagner, Croyle
    WLB: Wright, McDonald

    Base DL: Bennett, Rubin, Reed, Campbell
    Nickle DL: Clark, Bennett, Campbell, Avril

    Seahawks get bigger, tougher vs the run in Base D with Campbell at LDE and Clark at SLB. Adding about 50 pounds over Avril and Morgan.

    Seahawks pass-rush also becomes any QB worst nightmare. Remember 2013, this group could be more dominant.

    Campbell can also play some 3T in Base D or RDE, and Avril should get plenty of snaps to keep him satisfied.

    The question is whether or not Clark can fill the Bruce Irvin Role. I think he can. Seahawks have 3 DL coaches, the newest member is Clint Hurtt, former OLBs coach specialist of the Bears. Hurtt kind of profiles as a coach that will likely develop those DE/SLB hybrids we saw the Seahawks doing in 2013.

    Player: Irvin (Clark)
    Height: 6'3 (6'3)
    Weight: 245 (271)

    Arm Length: 33 3/8 in (34 3/8)
    BenchPress: 23 reps (19 reps)

    40 Yd D: 4.50s (4.66)
    20 Yd S: 2.66s (2.63)
    10 Yd S: 1.58s (1.58)

    Vert. Jump: 33.5 in (38.5)
    BroadJump: 123 in (118 in)

    20YdSh: 4.03s (4.05)
    3-Cone: 6.70s (7.03)

    As you can see other than 40 Yard Dash and 3 Cone, both players measures are pretty similar, even trading 5 inches in the jumps.

    However, if Clark tested at 245, he likely would have put up crazy numbers. If Irvin tested at 271, it would have been bad, remember his collegiate weight was 225. So, as athletic as Irvin was, I think Clark is right up there with him. But Athleticism is only part of the formula.

    Where Clark is better than Irvin was is Instincts, Tackling, Taking On Blockers, and Setting Up The Point of Attack. Also, feel Clark is a more complete pass-rusher utilizing his overall strength rather then just speed rush.

    Where Irvin is better than Clark is natural coverage ability as Irvin was once a JuCo Safety.

    But I think with Clint Hurtt in the mix possibly added to develop that specialized DE/SLB role. With Clark being more complete and farther along in development than Irvin was especially considering Clark has 2 years under his belt entering his age 24 season. Irvin was a 25 year old rookie. 26 when he converted to LBer. Clark probably won't be as good as Irvin in coverage, but I think everything else he'll be much better.

    Notes on Step 2: Offensive Line Outlook with Ronald Leary.

    While LT is much needed, I chose to go with Ronald Leary because he'll not only improve LG but his presence will help the LT. And I chose to invest in Campbell and the impact he would bring with his presence to this defense.

    With Leary and Giacomini in the mix the O-Line will look something like this:

    LT: Fant vs Gilliam vs Odhiambo
    LG: Leary
    OC: Britt, Hunt
    RG: Glowinski
    RT: Ifedi, Giacomini

    LT is a battle of youngsters, leaving open the possibility to add a vet down the road.

    LG is manned by the quietly elite, imo, Leary with possibly becoming elite Britt at OC.

    Glowinski goes back to his more natural side at RG sliding Ifedi over to RT, who will be pushed and mentored by Giacomini.

    Depth-wise: Odhiambo can play 4 positions, Gilliam swings tackle, Glowinski swings guard, and Ifedi/Giac could likely play RT and RG if needed.


    Step 5. The Draft (my preference)

    #26: DB, Buddha Baker
    #58: CB, Kevin King
    #90: DT, Ellijah Qualls
    #102: RB, Jeremy McNichols
    #106: Trade Down adding 4th and 5th round picks

    4 picks on Day 3 that I won't process.

    Baker and King add a much needed talented youth infusion to the secondary and ups the competition.

    At CB, you have King competing with Elliot, Desir, Thorpe to start at RCB. Dark horses in Jean-Baptisse and Mo Seisay. Buddha Baker will back up Earl but he'll also press Lane in his NCB role. Don't think Shead will play this year.

    At S, you'll have Thomas/Baker and Chancellor, Terrell, JeJo are kept as depth insurances/camp bodies, Parrish Cox figures in somewhere. And Dewey McDonald can play some SS as well.

    Qualls adds another big body for the run game but a guy who can disrupt the pocket as well. He'll be developed as a Rubin replacement and will push Jefferson or Smith for 3rd DT in rotation.

    McNichols is a two-fer. As he has similar qualities to Prosise but is more compact and tough as nails. So with McNichols my depth chart would like this at the skill positions:

    RB Rawls, McNichols, Collins, Pope (KR/PR)
    FB Reece
    TE Graham, Vannett, Williams, (Fant/Gilliam)
    WR Baldwin, Prosise, Richardson, Kearse, McEvoy, Lockett (I.R.)

    2nd part of getting McNichols is moving Prosise to WR. At 6'1, 220 pounds and with his running ability, Prosise, becomes a dangerous semi-big bodied play-making threat. Mega Golden Tate. CJP will still do some RB things but not as much as you save his health by matching him up on DBs rather than throwing him into the fray against DL/LB.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3135
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm


  • Jimjones0384 wrote:I would sign a big name rt in free agency, first and foremost.


    That's the problem, there is no big names. Well there are "names," but they're all 50/50 at best options. Guys like Okung that could bounce back, but probably won't...........and since this is one of the worst years in a decade for tackles and linemen in the draft, that means all these stiff FA's are going to be overpaid by someone desperate.

    Which for the NFL, is like 25 teams. O-line play is atrocious right now league wide. Everyone's starving for them.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 11240
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Largent80 wrote:Obi Melifonwu would be the perfect Kam replacement IMO.


    He would be and I expect the Hawks to draft at least one safety. Budda Baker would be my choice if they are going to use #26. Of course there's a serious chance he won't be available.

    Baker could step into the nickle immediately and be the replacement for ET and hopefully that's down the line a few years. As a first round choice the Hawks could have team control of Baker for 5 seasons.

    Move Lane to the outside and compete with the rookie CB they draft to replace Shead.

    I expect a Leo/Sam type choice since it seems to be a good year for them. Tyus Bowser seems to fit the bill and could be available in the 2nd round. He seems like a great fit who could also back up Wagner. Time for the team to reload some of the talented depth they've lost on defense. There are other good prospects in this draft and I expect the Hawks will draft at least 2 LBs.

    I expect defensive players for most of the draft and a TE and maybe a RB.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5646
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


  • Pandion Haliaetus

    You are hired, I could disagree with some but why mess with near perfection.
    jeremiah
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:10 pm




It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online