Sherman Doubles Down on Moore Argument

Seymour

Reaction score
That whole mess is made 100X worse by Sherms size XXXXL ego. Sad this is going to carry into next season and more BS distractions IMO.
"If you are never wrong, you will never learn." All this crap about media's fault, nobody knows, ect., is following in another HUGE MESS footsteps.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ha. If y'all get worked up over stuff like this maybe go smash a bucket of golf balls?

Personally I could care less what Sherman says or does. If it becomes detrimental to the team then just trade his ass to Cleveland. Joe Thomas anyone?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Love the player - but man is he getting annoying to listen to.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1uis1ofv said:
Ha. If y'all get worked up over stuff like this maybe go smash a bucket of golf balls?

Personally I could care less what Sherman says or does. If it becomes detrimental to the team then just trade his ass to Cleveland. Joe Thomas anyone?

He was detrimental to the team last year with his nonsense, all the way to his coach making up fake injuries for him to excuse his poor behavior and down year.

Distractions matter, all of them, and he's the king of unnecessary distractions right now.

Why is it so hard to just say "I regret what I said to Moore, I apologized, looking forward to next year." Nope, too prideful, too arrogant. Gotta make this last another month.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm sure the ".Net Hottie" will be along shortly to set you straight and explain why this is not Shermans fault....5..4...3....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Awww... always thinking about me

What a strange "preemptive" tactic. Get a hold of yourself

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I.So.Do.Not.Care.About.Crap.Like.This.

The Sportsradio rubes yesterday were acting like this was biggest scandal, LOL.

Slow news day, so let's make mountains out of molehills.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21b3m4y8 said:

It is becoming a bit of a pattern though - which is slightly concerning.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":4votusqi said:

It's not that big of a deal, that's the point...........why is Sherman making it into a big deal by lying about the entire incident giving everyone fodder to turn it into a big deal. Dumb.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I doubt any of the players could give a crap less what he says. This stuff happens on every team. Sherm has just made himself a media magnet. This isn't a distraction to the team. That is ridiculous. As for the sideline outburst, it also happens on every team. They all showed their unity in calming him down. As for the bevell knock, most people knock bevell. Who cares.

Hyak

Reaction score
I think the media is missing the story on this by focusing on the Moore interaction as opposed to the real issue/problem. Sherman went off about the offense (OC, play calling, unit in general) in a public forum and doubled down in interviews afterwards. Pete tries to defuse it and Sherman blows him off. They supposedly all meet the next day and Pete says all is good. Sherman completely contradicts that in his weekly presser and it explodes again from there.

My guess is that Carroll likely exaggerated Sherman's remorse from their private meeting and then told the media about it.

I believe RS' beef is more with Carroll and the big story than disputing facts about the specific Moore exchange. The real problem is that this resentment inside VMAC will persist until the front office either makes an example out of someone or they win another SB.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hahaha....Like I said before, trade him to Cleveland. He will probably explode, and be watching the Hawks win a SB WITHOUT him.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2eudnw2v said:
I doubt any of the players could give a crap less what he says. This stuff happens on every team. Sherm has just made himself a media magnet. This isn't a distraction to the team. That is ridiculous. As for the sideline outburst, it also happens on every team. They all showed their unity in calming him down. As for the bevell knock, most people knock bevell. Who cares.

I would disagree with that. Please take time to read up on the aftermath of this.

In a postgame interview with Q13 Fox, Chancellor said Seattle's offense played well enough to win but called out his defensive teammates for misplacing their energy during the contest.
Related Stories

Injuries, penalty shifts momentum in Atlanta win over Seahawks
Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll believe 'best is ahead'

"One thing I told the defense is that every game that we argue, every game where on the field it was a bunch of arguing, trying to fight the other team, we lost," Chancellor told Q13's Ian Furness. "I told them that humility sets in. You've got to remain poised. You've got to remain humble throughout all the battle."

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/foo...Kam-Chancellor-calls-out-lack-of-10858486.php

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":ao7y8q05 said:
Jimjones0384":ao7y8q05 said:

I would disagree with that. Please take time to read up on the aftermath of this.

In a postgame interview with Q13 Fox, Chancellor said Seattle's offense played well enough to win but called out his defensive teammates for misplacing their energy during the contest.
Related Stories

Injuries, penalty shifts momentum in Atlanta win over Seahawks
Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll believe 'best is ahead'

"One thing I told the defense is that every game that we argue, every game where on the field it was a bunch of arguing, trying to fight the other team, we lost," Chancellor told Q13's Ian Furness. "I told them that humility sets in. You've got to remain poised. You've got to remain humble throughout all the battle."

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/foo...Kam-Chancellor-calls-out-lack-of-10858486.php

Thanks god for Kam, I shudder to think what the defense would act like if he wasn't there to keep some of this in check.

But Sherman's outbursts are becoming more frequent, especially at his own team and coaches. So maybe not even Kam can keep him in check anymore.

I do think eventually Pete is going to have to get rid of someone to make an example, although that's not in his nature. Which sorta scares me, cause I think next year is going to look a lot like this year outburst wise. This stuff usually doesn't just go away, unless the person causing it does.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm in the camp that Sherman has been increasingly obnoxious this season but that it doesn't matter.

We won the game he freaked out about the pass from the 1 yard line by a score of 24-3 and it wasn't in the top 200 reasons of why we dropped the following game to the Cards, or the playoff game in Atlanta. Kam's efforts to be a good leader are laudable and correct but it's stretching quite a bit to pin any of the several dozen bad outcomes in that game on Sherman's increasingly poor attitude.

Back to the OP, his confrontation with Moore specifically has no impact whatsoever on the Seahawks and will be immediately forgotten the moment something that does impact the Seahawks happens.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Repeated rule 1 violator.

Carroll can't be thrilled with this. Too bad their depth in the secondary is in shambles or I'd want them to be shopping him.

Largent80

Reaction score
Mojambo":2v1t6lsx said:
Repeated rule 1 violator.

Carroll can't be thrilled with this. Too bad their depth in the secondary is in shambles or I'd want them to be shopping him.

The Hawks are going to be drafting the entire former LOB replacements.

I say former because they just aren't LOB anymore. Legion of (insert term here). I'll go with Laugh, to make it LOL.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AgentDib":163a06ic said:
Back to the OP, his confrontation with Moore specifically has no impact whatsoever on the Seahawks and will be immediately forgotten the moment something that does impact the Seahawks happens.

How do you know this?

There's no tangible way to quantify distractions, and exactly how that affects a team. But there's a reason the Patriot's jettison players who act out or are becoming distractions, Belichick figured out a long time ago that distractions do affect performance.

To what degree no one knows, but no one call tell me Sherman's outbursts don't affect the team and it's just business as usual. Because if they didn't we wouldn't have a coach willing to flat out embellish statements about Sherman to try and smooth the distractions over.

btw, I didn't start this thread to get into this particular discussion again. I started it cause I'd like to get opinion on specially WHY Sherman is constantly compelled to play the victim card to the point of lying in interviews about what happened.