Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sounds like we'll add a RB

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Sounds like we'll add a RB
Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:41 am
  • I don't have the link but if you have the iHeart app go to the 9 to Noon show with Paul Allen of KFan Minneapolis. Darrell Bevell was on this morning and said the team plans to "shore up" the RB position and didn't mention Alex Collins when he spoke of the RB rotation. Spoke of the injury history of Rawls and Prosise so sounds like they plan on adding someone to the Rawls/Prosise equation.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:12 pm
  • Time to mortgage the farm to move up and get Fornette. Let's do this!
    Why Not Us?
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:41 pm
  • Sounds like he only mentioned injured RBs as the reason to "shore up the position." In that case, no need to mention AC.

IMHO, AC looked really good when he was in there. Much better than I would have expected from a RB that hasn't had many reps. I think he could be our main guy.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:43 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:Time to mortgage the farm to move up and get Fornette. Let's do this!

PASS! We already have two RB's on the roster that can't stay healthy. Id prefer not to waste a bunch of picks on a third.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:53 pm
  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:Time to mortgage the farm to move up and get Fornette. Let's do this!

PASS! We already have two RB's on the roster that can't stay healthy. Id prefer not to waste a bunch of picks on a third.

Agreed... i'd rather get AP instead and see if Rawls and Prosise get healthy
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:15 pm
  • There's only three cornerstone RB's in the draft, and none of them will be around when we pick.

So my guess is we'll bring in a veteran and maybe spend another lower round pick on a RB. Too many other glaring needs right now to spend any real draft capital on moving up to grab one of the big three of Fornette, Mixon or Cook.

Mixon MIGHT fall to us cause of his recent video? But even then, doubtful, dude's too talented for someone not to take a risk above us.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:19 pm
  • Strange that he didn't mention Alex Collins. He didn't play a lot but he showed promise.
    Tusc2000
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:26 pm
  • Charles

Do want to make sure we provide lots of business to local hospitals.....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:07 pm
  • Latavius Murray maybe?
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:59 pm
  • Per the radio the other day (no idea who, the non-Mel Kiper guy at ESPN?), the draft is deep at running back and that you can get quality RBs in the 4th round that would have been 1st rounders the last couple of years.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:52 pm
  • Samaje Perine could possibly be there in round #2 but that could very well depend on how well he shows at the Combine.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:34 pm
  • imo our starting RB is not on the roster and not in free agency...I say we draft one by the 3rd rd.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:32 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:Time to mortgage the farm to move up and get Fornette. Let's do this!

Him or cook, win-win situation there. If not, I like foreman or McCaffrey as well. Cook reminds me of ladanian Tomlinson, with the raw passion and ferocity he runs with. That dude is one of those dudes that wants it more than all the other dudes on the field....dude, lol. But seriously, I can see his excellent work ethic in his running style.

Latavius Murray is going to be released by the raiders. I think they like their young guys. I think he would be an excellent addition. Then there is Peterson and Charles. Maybe even a guy like Jennings. The giants did him wrong. They never gave him a chance to run the ball. I think he would also be a great insurance policy. Good potential, low cost.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:38 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:Samaje Perine could possibly be there in round #2 but that could very well depend on how well he shows at the Combine.

He's a big dude. Wouldn't be a bad pick in the second. I forget about perine with all the other backs out there.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:50 pm
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:Samaje Perine could possibly be there in round #2 but that could very well depend on how well he shows at the Combine.

He's a big dude. Wouldn't be a bad pick in the second. I forget about perine with all the other backs out there.

Would love this guy! Absolute monster out there and would definitely add that attitude back to our running game :2thumbs:
    Meedsy
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:43 am
  • endzorn wrote:I don't have the link but if you have the iHeart app go to the 9 to Noon show with Paul Allen of KFan Minneapolis. Darrell Bevell was on this morning and said the team plans to "shore up" the RB position and didn't mention Alex Collins when he spoke of the RB rotation. Spoke of the injury history of Rawls and Prosise so sounds like they plan on adding someone to the Rawls/Prosise equation.

That's what Iv'e been saying for a while now. It's hard to feel all warm and fuzzy with all the injuries, and a very deep and talented RB pool in the draft.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:33 am
  • Meedsy wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:Samaje Perine could possibly be there in round #2 but that could very well depend on how well he shows at the Combine.

Would love this guy! Absolute monster out there and would definitely add that attitude back to our running game :2thumbs:

So, I went back and researched perines film. What a beast. You guys are right, he's the guy. I can literally see him in a Hawks uniform when he runs. Not only is he a "Hawky" running back, but he would complement the backs we have perfectly. I hate saying this about any kid coming out, but selfishly I kinda hope he has a bad combine so he will slide a little to us, lol. I don't think he will though, gonna have to spend a second at least. I bet he is high on pcjs radar though. And they have proven they will spend a high pick on the right rb in their eyes. This is the type of guy that will make a mediocre line look decent. This is my new draft crush, and he may just become my draft love. I'm in on this, thanks y'all for bringing his name up. I may have overlooked him because of all the other guys "above" him. I hope the draft analyzers keep under-valuing this dude.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:25 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:There's only three cornerstone RB's in the draft, and none of them will be around when we pick.

So my guess is we'll bring in a veteran and maybe spend another lower round pick on a RB. Too many other glaring needs right now to spend any real draft capital on moving up to grab one of the big three of Fornette, Mixon or Cook.

Mixon MIGHT fall to us cause of his recent video? But even then, doubtful, dude's too talented for someone not to take a risk above us.

Mixon ain't getting drafted bro. I mean, maybe, mayyyyyybe, late, but I doubt it.

Joe Williams is the guy.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:36 am
  • I had always dismissed Perine as lacking too much explosion. But man, that kid is physical. The problem is that the good runs you saw on his highlights were blocked well, but I also have a feeling he'd be pretty good when it isn't blocked well. I'd be on board.
    I'm fly
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:38 am
  • Mixon won't. They took a lot of backlash with Frank and justified it with (paraphrasing) basically making an argument for there was nothing proven and they believed him

You can't say the same with Mixon.

Ironically I didn't like Frank because of his history but would be totally fine with Mixon. I am really annoyed with the media for portraying it like domestic abuse. Somehow the idiots running media think that if you hit a woman it is domestic abuse. Domestic abuse is against someone you know closely and most often in your household. It is not going out, being drunk, getting into a fight with another drunk person then punching them in the face.

Was it a woman and does it make it worse - yes. Did he pay a penalty that while not severe enough was a penalty - yes

Does an after hour fight / altercation indicate that he will "abuse" someone in the future like a certain Giants kicker..... NO
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:43 am
  • Tical21 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:There's only three cornerstone RB's in the draft, and none of them will be around when we pick.

Mixon ain't getting drafted bro. I mean, maybe, mayyyyyybe, late, but I doubt it.

Joe Williams is the guy.

Mixon will get drafted well before Joe Williams.

Williams has his own red flags. They may not be as damning to his personal persona off the field, but as far as being a football player and playing on a team they are just as damning if not worse. I don't think Joe Williams will be drafted any higher than the 6th or 7th round if he even gets drafted at all and he is definitely not a fit for the Seahawks. Pete is high on players that "love the game". Quitting on your team 2 games in doesn't exactly show that you love the game or your team. It goes back further than that too. Williams has had things taking his attention away from football going all the way back to High School and before. He seems like a guy that has something missing upstairs that he's yet to correct. I don't hate the guy, I hope he does pull it all together and ends up being a success wherever he goes or whatever he does, but I feel like he's got other things to work on than football right now.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:27 am
  • mikeak wrote:Mixon won't. They took a lot of backlash with Frank and justified it with (paraphrasing) basically making an argument for there was nothing proven and they believed him

Ironically I didn't like Frank because of his history but would be totally fine with Mixon. I am really annoyed with the media for portraying it like domestic abuse. Somehow the idiots running media think that if you hit a woman it is domestic abuse. Domestic abuse is against someone you know closely and most often in your household. It is not going out, being drunk, getting into a fight with another drunk person then punching them in the face.

Was it a woman and does it make it worse - yes. Did he pay a penalty that while not severe enough was a penalty - yes

Does an after hour fight / altercation indicate that he will "abuse" someone in the future like a certain Giants kicker..... NO

The fact that anyone would ever, no matter the intoxication level, find it fit to punch a woman like that has to make you have a complete disdain for the coward that he is. Getting drunk and knocking a small woman out isn't nearly as bad as beating your spouse?

If the young man gets counseling, becomes an advocate and starts to help and influence people to go a different path, I'll give the guy a second chance. But he shouldn't get one just because he's a good football player and got a suspension or whatever. The scumbag doesn't deserve to play in the NFL, period.
    I'm fly
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:58 am
  • Here is my take. None of us were there. There is no Ray Rice video.

Who are we to judge dude. Do YOU want to be judged?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:04 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Here is my take. None of us were there. There is no Ray Rice video.

There absolutely is video.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:09 am
  • Tical21 wrote: Getting drunk and knocking a small woman out isn't nearly as bad as beating your spouse?

We disagree which is fine - on this yes I clearly see a difference between a violent act after a shouting match with someone you don't know when being drunk at a place selling food after-hours vs being home sober and beating your spouse.

Neither one is acceptable but there is a fundamental difference in MY OPINION that sets them apart. When you cross the line and beat your spouse then I don't see that changing without fundamental changes to you as a person. I see punching a woman you don't know while being drunk and in a shouting match and punching after she pushes you as something bad, extremely regretful, something that should be punished BUT something that will probably never be repeated or at least by itself doesn't create a picture of a person that has issues for life
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 am
  • mikeak wrote: I see punching a woman you don't know while being drunk and in a shouting match and punching after she pushes you as something bad, extremely regretful, something that should be punished BUT something that will probably never be repeated or at least by itself doesn't create a picture of a person that has issues for life

What would lead you to believe this?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:19 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Here is my take. None of us were there. There is no Ray Rice video.

Lets see it.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:22 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Here is my take. None of us were there. There is no Ray Rice video.

Lets see it.

Google it. It's not some secret

We don't need to post it here.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:23 am
  • Tical21 wrote:
    mikeak wrote:Mixon won't. They took a lot of backlash with Frank and justified it with (paraphrasing) basically making an argument for there was nothing proven and they believed him

The fact that anyone would ever, no matter the intoxication level, find it fit to punch a woman like that has to make you have a complete disdain for the coward that he is. Getting drunk and knocking a small woman out isn't nearly as bad as beating your spouse?

If the young man gets counseling, becomes an advocate and starts to help and influence people to go a different path, I'll give the guy a second chance. But he shouldn't get one just because he's a good football player and got a suspension or whatever. The scumbag doesn't deserve to play in the NFL, period.

He's gotten counseling and has kept doing the counseling even after the required time (set by the team for his reinstatement). He also served a year long suspension from the team. He also has apologized, spoken out against what he did stating that it is Never OK to hit a woman and he also said he is willing to speak to domestic violence advocacy groups about his mistake. So he has done everything you mentioned at hopes of a chance to move past his mistake.

Sometimes players that get in trouble are apologetic only because they got caught and got in trouble. I understand people being skeptical because that has been a lot of guys in the past. However, sometimes young people simply make horrible and stupid mistake outside of their own true character and they are truthfully sorry. We as fans with no real direct knowledge or contact may never know the exact truth but with what has been made available to us Mixon seems like the latter in my opinion.

DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:30 am
  • Whatever man. People make mistakes. You, Me and Mixon. I simply am not going to judge the guy, if you want to then join the witch hunt that is prevelant these days. Go for it..JUDGE the guy, even though you weren't there experiencing what was going on or even reported.

Who gives a crap?

He is a great football player and I for one would be exstatic to have him busting opposing defenses.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:36 am
  • Poor Joe Mixon!!

So he cold cocked an undersized woman, why is he not getting his 2nd 3rd and 4th chance? Why is he NOT allowed at the combine?
    Why won't we draft POOR Joe friggen Mixon??
    Everyone makes mistakes, please just give him millions of $$ and accept the backlash, forget Paul doesn't want woman beaters on HIS team, and just PLEASE draft POOR Joe Mixon.
    He is the ONLY good running back in the draft.... We are doomed if we pass on poor Joe. :roll: :pukeface:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:39 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Who gives a crap?

I would imagine tens of thousands of people do care about homophobic attacks and physical violence towards women. I also imagine Paul Allen and Pete Carroll do. I imagine they are very concerned about the thousands of Seahawks fans that will give a crap.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:40 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Lets see it.

You've already seen it and commented

Now this??
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:47 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Lets see it.

You've already seen it and commented

Now this??

So, I watched PART of that. I had heard enough after 2 minutes.

The guy made a mistake. He is owning it.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:59 am
  • Largent80 wrote:

You watched the part where he followed her and her gay friend into a restaurant, addressed them with homophobic slurs and then broke 4 bones in the face of a woman literally half his size with a closed fist punch? Or did you watch the interview, over two years later, where he says he's sorry?

It's fine if you have and you still don't mind if he's on the team.

But that is the crux of the decisions that PC and PA would be dealing with if they wanted to draft him
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:11 pm
  • I want Boise St. RB, Jeremy McNichols, at #90... 5-9, 212... more compact than Prosise, tough as nails, and is a quality receiver. Off the top of my head, Devonte Freeman would be a similar comp.

Also, would take Joe Williams in the 5th, 6th assuming Seahawks trade one of the comps for picks. Can't have too many RBs, the more competition, the more bodies, the better.

If Seahawks went into TC with Rawls, Prosise, Collins, McNichols, Williams, and possibly Pope, an ERFA. Assuming McKissic and Madden would be cut for the two rookies. I think we would all be satisfied.

Although, if it were up to me, I would kill two birds with one stone, decreasing the log jam at RB by moving Prosise to WR. Who will provide depth until and if Lockett comes back.

Rawls, McNichols, Collins, and Williams at RB. Although I'm kind of fine with Pope as the 4th or someone similar that has return ability. Maybe Pope as the 4th, and let Collins/Williams battle for a spot with the loser chanced to the PS.

Baldwin, Richardson, Prosise, McEvoy, Kearse, and (Lockett) at WR.

My comp for Prosise would be a bigger, longer Golden Tate. Mega Tate.

When I looked it up the athletic measures were extremely uncanny.

Player: Prosise (Tate)
    Height: 6'0 (5'10)
    Weight: 220 (199)

HandSize: 8 1/2 (9 1/4)
    Arm Length: 32 1/8 in (30 1/2)
    BenchPress: DNP (17 reps)

40 Yd D: 4.48s (4.42)
    20 Yd S: 2.64s (NA)
    10 Yd S: 1.57s (1.54)

Vert. Jump: 35.5 in (35)
    BroadJump: 121 in (120)

20YdSh: 4.42s (4.34)
    3-Cone: 7.19 (7.12)

Tate grades a few ticks better in the clocked drills but Prosise had 21 pounds on him. Prosise stays within .08s of Tate in all drills. So really its about equal as it can be considering the weight difference.

Yet, Prosise with more weight did a notch better in his jumps.

What stands out the most his Prosise's 8 1/2 Hand Size which is 3/4ths of an inch smaller than Tate. However, in whole Prosise's Arm Length is 1 and 5/8ths inches longer.

Prosise's sub 9 in hands bothered me and searching for a comp, I found Lockett has 8 3/8th hands with only a 30 inch reach. Lockett, has pretty dependable hands, I would say making spectacular catches within coverage.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:17 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Largent80"[quote="Largent80 wrote:Here is my take. None of us were there. There is no Ray Rice video.

NO, I didn't watch it. AND I don't care. This happened several years ago and nothing since. People make mistakes. YOU included. Don't try and point me out because I am willing to forgive because forgiveness is the greatest human attribute.
    Last edited by Largent80 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:19 pm
  • I hope we don't spend big in free agency, the 2 leading rushers in the NFL were rookies last year and one wasn't drafted until the 4th if I remember right. Spend on the OL and take care of Kam and Britt
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:29 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    NO, I didn't watch it. AND I don't care. This happened several years ago and nothing since. People make mistakes. YOU included. Don't try and point me out because I am willing to forgive because forgiveness is the greatest human attribute.

You asked to see it. But now you don't want to because "people make mistakes?

You can forgive him all you want. The question here is whether a person with that type of attitude is a good fit for the football team, knowing full well the backlash (rightfully) that comes with it.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:32 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:

You can forgive him all you want. The question here is whether a person with that type of attitude is a good fit for the football team, knowing full well the backlash (rightfully) that comes with it.

Whatever Jake.

I choose to take the high road, you can do what you do.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:33 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:

Whatever Jake.

I choose to take the high road, you can do what you do.

You're missing the point, and it seems purposefully so.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:47 pm
  • Maybe you need to pack a shoebox.

It may help you understand.

Last edited by Largent80 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:48 pm
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:I want Boise St. RB, Jeremy McNichols, at #90... 5-9, 212... more compact than Prosise, tough as nails, and is a quality receiver. Off the top of my head, Devonte Freeman would be a similar comp.

Also, would take Joe Williams in the 5th, 6th assuming Seahawks trade one of the comps for picks. Can't have too many RBs, the more competition, the more bodies, the better.

If Seahawks went into TC with Rawls, Prosise, Collins, McNichols, Williams, and possibly Pope, an ERFA. Assuming McKissic and Madden would be cut for the two rookies. I think we would all be satisfied.

Although, if it were up to me, I would kill two birds with one stone, decreasing the log jam at RB by moving Prosise to WR. Who will provide depth until and if Lockett comes back.

Rawls, McNichols, Collins, and Williams at RB. Although I'm kind of fine with Pope as the 4th or someone similar that has return ability. Maybe Pope as the 4th, and let Collins/Williams battle for a spot with the loser chanced to the PS.

Baldwin, Richardson, Prosise, McEvoy, Kearse, and (Lockett) at WR.

My comp for Prosise would be a bigger, longer Golden Tate. Mega Tate.

When I looked it up the athletic measures were extremely uncanny.

Player: Prosise (Tate)
    Height: 6'0 (5'10)
    Weight: 220 (199)

HandSize: 8 1/2 (9 1/4)
    Arm Length: 32 1/8 in (30 1/2)
    BenchPress: DNP (17 reps)

40 Yd D: 4.48s (4.42)
    20 Yd S: 2.64s (NA)
    10 Yd S: 1.57s (1.54)

Vert. Jump: 35.5 in (35)
    BroadJump: 121 in (120)

20YdSh: 4.42s (4.34)
    3-Cone: 7.19 (7.12)

Tate grades a few ticks better in the clocked drills but Prosise had 21 pounds on him. Prosise stays within .08s of Tate in all drills. So really its about equal as it can be considering the weight difference.

Yet, Prosise with more weight did a notch better in his jumps.

What stands out the most his Prosise's 8 1/2 Hand Size which is 3/4ths of an inch smaller than Tate. However, in whole Prosise's Arm Length is 1 and 5/8ths inches longer.

Prosise's sub 9 in hands bothered me and searching for a comp, I found Lockett has 8 3/8th hands with only a 30 inch reach. Lockett, has pretty dependable hands, I would say making spectacular catches within coverage.

McNichols stood out to me today too. I like his combination of size and speed and being compact/durable. He almost feels like a mix between Rawls and Prosise to me. I like McNichols a lot.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:58 pm
  • For Perine:

40 YARD DASH: 4.65 SEC
    BENCH PRESS: 30 REPS
    VERTICAL JUMP: 33.0 INCH
    BROAD JUMP: 116.0 INCH

The 4.65 isn't really an issue for me. For reference, 4.65 is also what Rawls ran at the combine. Lesean McCoy ran a 4.62.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:04 pm

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:15 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:For Perine:

40 YARD DASH: 4.65 SEC
    BENCH PRESS: 30 REPS
    VERTICAL JUMP: 33.0 INCH
    BROAD JUMP: 116.0 INCH

The 4.65 isn't really an issue for me. For reference, 4.65 is also what Rawls ran at the combine. Lesean McCoy ran a 4.62.

The slow 40 time and average jumps are good news if we hope to snag this guy in the 3rd round. He's more about strength and balance as opposed to speed and quickness.

Definitely my #1 target at RB but would rather use our top two picks on defense.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:03 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:

We gambled with Clark, albeit no video which seems to make a huge difference these days.

So I can see Pete gambling on Mixon if he falls to us and Pete and John have vetted him out 100 different ways from Sunday to make sure they feel comfortable drafting him vs the backlash (especially in the NW).

If this just happened? Yeah, Mixon would drop like a rock like Tunsil did, maybe even all the way down to 3rd or 4th round like Tyreek Hill did. But since this was 2014 I think a LOT of teams are going to risk it for arguably the top back in the draft..............including us if he makes it all the way down to the bottom of the 1st round.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:10 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:So, I watched PART of that. I had heard enough after 2 minutes.

Punching a women half your size to the head is not making a mistake, it is flat out having a screw loose and a major character flaw.

The "mistake" was made 9 months prior to his birth by his mother.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:04 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:So, I watched PART of that. I had heard enough after 2 minutes.

Punching a women half your size to the head is not making a mistake, it is flat out having a screw loose and a major character flaw.

The "mistake" was made 9 months prior to his birth by his mother.

“The self-righteous scream judgments against others to hide the noise of skeletons dancing in their own closets.”
    ― John Mark Green
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:11 pm
  • Schneider flat-out said we would never take a player that hit a woman. He gets strung up if he does. He's not even on our board. La Confora has said he has heard from over 20 teams and each last one of them has said he isn't on their board either.

I agree with Seymour. Speeding is a youthful mistake. Smoking pot is a youthful mistake. Being that big and bad and hitting a little woman is something different entirely, and is a huge red flag that something isn't right with the guy. Being drunk and mad or being in a relationship matters zero. This guy thought it the best move at the time to lump a woman. He is a woman beater. The why is absolutely irrelevant, unless scared for his safety. He had a chance to be one of the privileged that got the chance to possibly be drafted into the NFL, and he chose to hit a woman instead.
    I'm fly
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information