Sounds like we'll add a RB

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:17 pm
  • I just don't know about Perine. I love how physical he is, but hate how long he takes to get going. That behind a subpar line frightens me.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:25 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:Schneider flat-out said we would never take a player that hit a woman. He gets strung up if he does. He's not even on our board. La Confora has said he has heard from over 20 teams and each last one of them has said he isn't on their board either.

    I agree with Seymour. Speeding is a youthful mistake. Smoking pot is a youthful mistake. Being that big and bad and hitting a little woman is something different entirely, and is a huge red flag that something isn't right with the guy. Being drunk and mad or being in a relationship matters zero. This guy thought it the best move at the time to lump a woman. He is a woman beater. The why is absolutely irrelevant, unless scared for his safety. He had a chance to be one of the privileged that got the chance to possibly be drafted into the NFL, and he chose to hit a woman instead.


    So you're saying that if Ezekiel Elliott would have been available to the Seahawks in last season's draft, the Seahawks wouldn't have drafted him? I highly doubt the Seahawks wouldn't have drafted Elliott if they could have. At draft time, Elliott was going through domestic violence charges. They were still pending. Mixon on the other hand, was charged and penalized already. He's paid his penalty and thus far has stayed out of trouble. This is not to condone Mixon's actions. What he did is absolutely horrible. Who knows he may use the opportunity he receives from the NFL to make a difference in the future. A lot of athletes do.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6177
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:16 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:I just don't know about Perine. I love how physical he is, but hate how long he takes to get going. That behind a subpar line frightens me.

    He's what you call a patient runner by nature. Likes to one cut and go and sometimes doesn't "go" soon enough and gets caught from the backside. That's coachable though. From his combine though, I don't see any reason why we couldn't take him in the 3rd. I've looked at other big backs like Conner, Hood, etc, and Perine bad the best combine so far and doesn't appear to have any character concerns. Quite the contrary, actually. We don't know Foreman's 40 or vert and what not, but Foreman is also lacking in the running style I'd like to see return to the Seahawks backfield. Perine checks that box in spades and then some.

    Kamura is interesting, ut also seems redundant to Prosise. Joe Williams is also interesting in that he's a very talented quitter.

    Dunno man...
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2920
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:53 pm
  • How important is the combine for drafting running backs? It's pretty important, but you can have almost the worst explosion numbers (vert/broad) that's been recorded by an actual RB in the last 10 years in a weight class below 220 pounds and still get drafted.

    40 YARD DASH: 4.59 SEC
    BENCH PRESS: 18 REPS
    VERTICAL JUMP: 28.5 INCH
    BROAD JUMP: 113.0 INCH
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2920
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm
  • Christian McCaffrey played the "disrespected" card the other day. He might be angling to get a look from Pete.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 14863
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:39 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Christian McCaffrey played the "disrespected" card the other day. He might be angling to get a look from Pete.

    I don't know that he's angling at all. He likely legitimately feels that way. There's a story going back to last year that I won't get into, and while I agree with him to a large extent, a 200 pound running back just doesn't get looked at as the guy you can lean on to be there down in and down out in the NFL anymore as a guy that can carry the load. There are very, very few exceptions.

    He'll be a pain in the ass though. Good player.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2920
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:58 pm
  • I saw a video of it and it was captioned with something like "the full video the media didn't show" and expected it to show some sort of confrontation that might *explain* why he hit her. But nothin'. It's not like she was slapping him or kicking him. He just decked her.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 104704
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:03 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:I had always dismissed Perine as lacking too much explosion. But man, that kid is physical. The problem is that the good runs you saw on his highlights were blocked well, but I also have a feeling he'd be pretty good when it isn't blocked well. I'd be on board.


    Man he can hit hard though. The first highlight on the video I watched, they compared him to earl Campbell.
    Alert The Legion.
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 546
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:09 pm
  • It was years ago. He deserves a second chance. Besides, it looked as if she put her hands on him first.
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1207
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:13 pm
  • Mixon's teammate is a better and tougher man and RB alike. You only care about Mixon if you don't get Perine. :stirthepot:
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2920
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 pm
  • Joe Williams is still my guy. 4.41 today. His tape is salivating. 212 and looks like he could put on a couple more. Gotta interview him thoroughly, but everything about his tape screams star.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:52 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:Joe Williams is still my guy. 4.41 today. His tape is salivating. 212 and looks like he could put on a couple more. Gotta interview him thoroughly, but everything about his tape screams star.


    If he checks out in interview then I can't be mad at this. He's a bit like Freeman.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2920
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:52 am
  • If Ram and GB are gone I want McCaffrey he and CJP can split time and be consistent running and receiving threats.
    randomation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 948
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:35 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:04 am
  • McCaffrey is totally redundant with Prosise. We need a tough runner, not another 3rd down back. I think McCaffrey is going to be a huge bust as a runner. Could be a playmaker, but not strong enough to run in this league.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:06 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Schneider flat-out said we would never take a player that hit a woman. He gets strung up if he does. He's not even on our board. La Confora has said he has heard from over 20 teams and each last one of them has said he isn't on their board either.

    I agree with Seymour. Speeding is a youthful mistake. Smoking pot is a youthful mistake. Being that big and bad and hitting a little woman is something different entirely, and is a huge red flag that something isn't right with the guy. Being drunk and mad or being in a relationship matters zero. This guy thought it the best move at the time to lump a woman. He is a woman beater. The why is absolutely irrelevant, unless scared for his safety. He had a chance to be one of the privileged that got the chance to possibly be drafted into the NFL, and he chose to hit a woman instead.


    So you're saying that if Ezekiel Elliott would have been available to the Seahawks in last season's draft, the Seahawks wouldn't have drafted him?

    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Schneider flat-out said they won't have people on this team that hit women, period. If Frank had hit a woman, he wouldn't be here. Are you saying he's lying?
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:09 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Joe Williams is still my guy. 4.41 today. His tape is salivating. 212 and looks like he could put on a couple more. Gotta interview him thoroughly, but everything about his tape screams star.


    If he checks out in interview then I can't be mad at this. He's a bit like Freeman.

    I like Freeman a lot too, I think. Dunno if he was banged up or quit or what happened last year though.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:01 am
  • Tical21 wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Schneider flat-out said we would never take a player that hit a woman. He gets strung up if he does. He's not even on our board. La Confora has said he has heard from over 20 teams and each last one of them has said he isn't on their board either.

    I agree with Seymour. Speeding is a youthful mistake. Smoking pot is a youthful mistake. Being that big and bad and hitting a little woman is something different entirely, and is a huge red flag that something isn't right with the guy. Being drunk and mad or being in a relationship matters zero. This guy thought it the best move at the time to lump a woman. He is a woman beater. The why is absolutely irrelevant, unless scared for his safety. He had a chance to be one of the privileged that got the chance to possibly be drafted into the NFL, and he chose to hit a woman instead.


    So you're saying that if Ezekiel Elliott would have been available to the Seahawks in last season's draft, the Seahawks wouldn't have drafted him?

    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Schneider flat-out said they won't have people on this team that hit women, period. If Frank had hit a woman, he wouldn't be here. Are you saying he's lying?


    No I don't believe JS is lying. However, I don't believe it's as black and white as you might think. I think he would consider the situation. I think Schneider would make his own decisions based on an interview with the player, workout, etc. As he did with Frank Clark. He could have written Clark off based on media, what was said, etc. He didn't do that. Clark may not have hit a woman but he did do something to her, there were marks around her neck, etc. He did put his hands on her in a violent way.

    As for Zeke, I believe the Seahawks would have drafted him if he was there. JS/PC would have carefully investigated Elliott's situation and made a move based on that. There are plenty of good rbs in the draft besides Mixon so it may well be that the Seahawks don't have him on their board.

    Also Tom Cable has a history of violent behavior toward women....yet he's still on the Seahawk coaching staff. Wouldn't that be against what he said? That's why his statement isn't as "black and white", IMO.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4613549
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6177
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:28 am
  • Tical21 wrote:McCaffrey is totally redundant with Prosise. We need a tough runner, not another 3rd down back. I think McCaffrey is going to be a huge bust as a runner. Could be a playmaker, but not strong enough to run in this league.


    I really don't agree with that also I'm thinking something similar to what the falcons did where you have two backs who can run but are even bigger threats as receivers and can constantly give each other a break. Also if CJP gets hurt again CM would mean we would still have the dynamic playmaker in the backfield. I think he is a tilt the field type player and that is what we need if we can't get one of the top tackles which does not include robinson.
    randomation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 948
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:35 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:46 am
  • randomation wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:McCaffrey is totally redundant with Prosise. We need a tough runner, not another 3rd down back. I think McCaffrey is going to be a huge bust as a runner. Could be a playmaker, but not strong enough to run in this league.


    I really don't agree with that also I'm thinking something similar to what the falcons did where you have two backs who can run but are even bigger threats as receivers and can constantly give each other a break. Also if CJP gets hurt again CM would mean we would still have the dynamic playmaker in the backfield. I think he is a tilt the field type player and that is what we need if we can't get one of the top tackles which does not include robinson.


    McCaffrey is a good player but he had the benefit of running behind a really good OL at Stanford. He would not have that in Seattle. That's why I think he wouldn't be a good fit here. He's also on the smallish side. Prosise is 220 pds. He's much bigger than McCaffrey. I don't think he compares to Prosise at all.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6177
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:49 am
  • Jerhawk wrote:Time to mortgage the farm to move up and get Fornette. Let's do this!

    Whoa! No thanks! The Seahawks are way too good of a franchise to mortgage picks!
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

    Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    User avatar
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 256
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:12 am
  • A name I haven't seen mentioned by anybody here is Blount.

    He'd be a great fit in the rotation. His demands wouldn't be outrageous like APs and he's used to being in a rotation. He's great in the red zone and can get those hard yards, tough to take down. He's obviously not a long term solution but unless we can draft a big workhorse he may be the best option. I still hope we can grab Mixon but I'm not sold on the other flavors of the month and we're not getting a sniff at Fournette or Cook.
    I
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 993
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:12 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    randomation wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:McCaffrey is totally redundant with Prosise. We need a tough runner, not another 3rd down back. I think McCaffrey is going to be a huge bust as a runner. Could be a playmaker, but not strong enough to run in this league.


    I really don't agree with that also I'm thinking something similar to what the falcons did where you have two backs who can run but are even bigger threats as receivers and can constantly give each other a break. Also if CJP gets hurt again CM would mean we would still have the dynamic playmaker in the backfield. I think he is a tilt the field type player and that is what we need if we can't get one of the top tackles which does not include robinson.


    McCaffrey is a good player but he had the benefit of running behind a really good OL at Stanford. He would not have that in Seattle. That's why I think he wouldn't be a good fit here. He's also on the smallish side. Prosise is 220 pds. He's much bigger than McCaffrey. I don't think he compares to Prosise at all.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SebUSOQBJ7Y

    I mean a lot of these runs are all him and there is some tough sledding in there. I think he is likely to be less reliant on a line than most running backs in the draft tbh he is a weapon whether running or receiving.

    edit: There is also another factor the return game I would prefer to let Lock have at least a few games off from returning at least until we are sure he is back to 100% and CM is a damn good returner.
    randomation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 948
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:35 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:34 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:I saw a video of it and it was captioned with something like "the full video the media didn't show" and expected it to show some sort of confrontation that might *explain* why he hit her. But nothin'. It's not like she was slapping him or kicking him. He just decked her.


    Are you sure you saw the Joe Mixon video or are you talking about something else? Because the video clearly, and I mean crystal clearly, shows her shoving and hitting him on the side of the head/face before he punched her.

    I'm not defending the guy, not at all, just thought your post was pretty bizarre based on what is clearly shown in the video. But again, maybe you're talking about something else?
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2296
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:05 pm
  • The question wasn't asked to me, but I'm answering it.

    The problem is intent. Yes, she gave him an excuse. Why did he enter the premise in the first place? Why the aggressive forward lean and body stature?

    Again, the problem is intent. It can't be empirically proven, but you know the answer in watching the video. What happened before that is what we don't know and I'm not sure it even matters. He went in there clearly seeking confrontation. Premeditated, if you will.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2920
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:24 pm
  • I dunno, seems pretty black and white.

    After the selection Friday, Schneider told reporters at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center that hitting a woman was still a “deal-breaker” for the Seahawks, but he said Seahawks’ brass was confident Clark did not hit his girlfriend.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:30 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:I dunno, seems pretty black and white.

    After the selection Friday, Schneider told reporters at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center that hitting a woman was still a “deal-breaker” for the Seahawks, but he said Seahawks’ brass was confident Clark did not hit his girlfriend.


    Tom Cable has a history of violent behavior toward women....yet he's still on the Seahawk coaching staff. Wouldn't that be against what he said? That's why his statement isn't as "black and white", IMO.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4613549
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6177
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:38 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:I dunno, seems pretty black and white.

    After the selection Friday, Schneider told reporters at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center that hitting a woman was still a “deal-breaker” for the Seahawks, but he said Seahawks’ brass was confident Clark did not hit his girlfriend.


    Tom Cable has a history of violent behavior toward women....yet he's still on the Seahawk coaching staff. Wouldn't that be against what he said? That's why his statement isn't as "black and white", IMO.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4613549


    Did you read the article?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11700
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:13 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:I dunno, seems pretty black and white.

    After the selection Friday, Schneider told reporters at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center that hitting a woman was still a “deal-breaker” for the Seahawks, but he said Seahawks’ brass was confident Clark did not hit his girlfriend.


    Tom Cable has a history of violent behavior toward women....yet he's still on the Seahawk coaching staff. Wouldn't that be against what he said? That's why his statement isn't as "black and white", IMO.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4613549


    Did you read the article?


    Yes I did. Here's some snippets from the article -

    "In 1989, Sandy Cable sought a temporary order of protection, which said, in part, "On two occasions, one back in '86 and the other in '88, he hit me. The second time in the face, however on attempts to call law enforcement, my husband would rip the phone out of the wall."

    "Sandy Cable followed up her former husband's statement with her own Sunday, saying, "He constantly made accusations throughout the relationship. There was never any infidelity on my part. And he did not slap me, he punched me."

    Cable said he slapped his then wife, Sandy Cable, in that article. Is that different that hitting someone? To me it's the same thing - it's still hitting someone.

    If Schneider is "black and white" in his stance that hitting a woman is a "deal breaker" for the Seahawks then why is Cable on the Seahawk coaching staff?

    Aside from that, my point is that I believe Schneider weighs each situation individually. He may look at the Mixon and say no I won't consider him but he may also say this kid has unbelievable talent, let's do a bit more investigation into what happened, interview him see if he's a different guy now, and if he can fit in. Sounds like Mixon has shown remorse for his actions. I guess we'll find out what happens in late April.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6177
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:02 pm
  • Yes I did. Here's some snippets from the article -

    "In 1989, Sandy Cable sought a temporary order of protection, which said, in part, "On two occasions, one back in '86 and the other in '88, he hit me. The second time in the face, however on attempts to call law enforcement, my husband would rip the phone out of the wall."

    "Sandy Cable followed up her former husband's statement with her own Sunday, saying, "He constantly made accusations throughout the relationship. There was never any infidelity on my part. And he did not slap me, he punched me."

    Cable said he slapped his then wife, Sandy Cable, in that article. Is that different that hitting someone? To me it's the same thing - it's still hitting someone.

    If Schneider is "black and white" in his stance that hitting a woman is a "deal breaker" for the Seahawks then why is Cable on the Seahawk coaching staff?

    Aside from that, my point is that I believe Schneider weighs each situation individually. He may look at the Mixon and say no I won't consider him but he may also say this kid has unbelievable talent, let's do a bit more investigation into what happened, interview him see if he's a different guy now, and if he can fit in. Sounds like Mixon has shown remorse for his actions. I guess we'll find out what happens in late April.


    She should have made the damn Sammich !

    :)
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20479
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:06 pm
  • From Cmike to Cmac (Christian McCaffrey) I wouldn't be mad lol
    Image
    User avatar
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1509
    Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:05 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:37 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:It was years ago. He deserves a second chance. Besides, it looked as if she put her hands on him first.


    I agree but it makes me wonder what team out there is going to give him that chance.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5556
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:32 pm
  • I really would like Mixon, the Moral compass can eat it, were talking football player not roll model and mentor to our children, he apologized, paid his penance, did his community service and what not. We based on some people should never give anyone an opportunity for having a record of any type, whether it's domestic violence or a traffic ticket, they are criminals and bad examples to the rest of society.

    He should have the right to pursue his career the same as Mike Vick or anyone else that owned up and paid his debt.

    He made one mistake as a sophomore, he has not had another situation since of that nature as assault or physical attacks like some players currently in the league had is what I am saying, not something to be proud of, not something he is proud of and something he deeply regrets. He has shown a trend of being a person that has learned from his mistakes.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20479
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:49 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Did you read the article?


    Yes I did. Here's some snippets from the article -

    "In 1989, Sandy Cable sought a temporary order of protection, which said, in part, "On two occasions, one back in '86 and the other in '88, he hit me. The second time in the face, however on attempts to call law enforcement, my husband would rip the phone out of the wall."

    "Sandy Cable followed up her former husband's statement with her own Sunday, saying, "He constantly made accusations throughout the relationship. There was never any infidelity on my part. And he did not slap me, he punched me."

    Cable said he slapped his then wife, Sandy Cable, in that article. Is that different that hitting someone? To me it's the same thing - it's still hitting someone.

    If Schneider is "black and white" in his stance that hitting a woman is a "deal breaker" for the Seahawks then why is Cable on the Seahawk coaching staff?

    Aside from that, my point is that I believe Schneider weighs each situation individually. He may look at the Mixon and say no I won't consider him but he may also say this kid has unbelievable talent, let's do a bit more investigation into what happened, interview him see if he's a different guy now, and if he can fit in. Sounds like Mixon has shown remorse for his actions. I guess we'll find out what happens in late April.


    And the part where Cables other wife said he was a stand up, non violent husband for like 20 years?

    Point here is Clark had charges filed. So did Mixon. Cables situation seems much different

    I do agree that nothing is black and white.., but not sure Mixon fits the grey area.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11700
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:12 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I really would like Mixon, the Moral compass can eat it, were talking football player not roll model and mentor to our children, he apologized, paid his penance, did his community service and what not. We based on some people should never give anyone an opportunity for having a record of any type, whether it's domestic violence or a traffic ticket, they are criminals and bad examples to the rest of society.

    He should have the right to pursue his career the same as Mike Vick or anyone else that owned up and paid his debt.

    He made one mistake as a sophomore, he has not had another situation since of that nature as assault or physical attacks like some players currently in the league had is what I am saying, not something to be proud of, not something he is proud of and something he deeply regrets. He has shown a trend of being a person that has learned from his mistakes.


    Agreed. He'll get a chance with some team.

    The funny thing is the outcry from the Ray Rice incident. The NFL had already litigated it. Then an uproar and the NFL goes berserk-knee jerk. I wonder if a crowd of people were to protest at the NFL HQ demanding Mixon be given a chance what the result would be.

    I'm not crying for the kid but he definitely deserves a second chance in life and certainly a first chance in the NFL. I wonder if the Hawks spent a dime investigating this one.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5556
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:41 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Did you read the article?


    Yes I did. Here's some snippets from the article -

    "In 1989, Sandy Cable sought a temporary order of protection, which said, in part, "On two occasions, one back in '86 and the other in '88, he hit me. The second time in the face, however on attempts to call law enforcement, my husband would rip the phone out of the wall."

    "Sandy Cable followed up her former husband's statement with her own Sunday, saying, "He constantly made accusations throughout the relationship. There was never any infidelity on my part. And he did not slap me, he punched me."

    Cable said he slapped his then wife, Sandy Cable, in that article. Is that different that hitting someone? To me it's the same thing - it's still hitting someone.

    If Schneider is "black and white" in his stance that hitting a woman is a "deal breaker" for the Seahawks then why is Cable on the Seahawk coaching staff?

    Aside from that, my point is that I believe Schneider weighs each situation individually. He may look at the Mixon and say no I won't consider him but he may also say this kid has unbelievable talent, let's do a bit more investigation into what happened, interview him see if he's a different guy now, and if he can fit in. Sounds like Mixon has shown remorse for his actions. I guess we'll find out what happens in late April.


    And the part where Cables other wife said he was a stand up, non violent husband for like 20 years?

    Point here is Clark had charges filed. So did Mixon. Cables situation seems much different

    I do agree that nothing is black and white.., but not sure Mixon fits the grey area.


    Yes I read that part as well. Great that he is stand up now...really good for him but that doesn't take away the fact that he slapped a woman in the first place. Tical21 said that JS statement was black and white. If that was the case, Cable shouldn't be in the Seahawks organization. My intent is to show that it is not as simple as being "black and white". There are a lot of factors in play here.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6177
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:57 am
  • Mistashoesta wrote:It was years ago. He deserves a second chance. Besides, it looked as if she put her hands on him first.


    Oh for chissakes; he followed them in from outside in order to continue the childish name calling spat he and the girl's gay friend were having. What did he expect to happen? Then when this little wisp of a girl gets up and gets in his face he nails her with a haymaker that could have KILLED her! He wasn't fending her off ... he allowed himself to hit her with a potentially fatal level of violence. He's lucky he didn't wind his arse up in jail. The fact that he didn't is all the second chance he's entitled to IMO.

    I got no interest whatsoever in seeing Joe Mixon in a Seahawks uniform.
    Life is hard; It's harder when you're stupid. -- John Wayne
    User avatar
    c_hawkbob
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 353
    Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:01 pm
    Location: Kevil Kentucky


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:18 am
  • Finally found the quote I was looking for.

    “In my opinion, if you strike a woman, you’re off our board. I’m sorry, there’s just no two ways about it.”


    Schneider hasn't left himself any gray area. I personally don't think he's going to get drafted. You just can't. We are talking months of daily relentless media coverage and negative publicity. Maybe women hosting rallies at your facility. You've really got to sign a deal with the devil. How desperate are you for a running back? I think some team will sign him as a free agent to try to minimize the damage, but there is a zero percent chance it is Seattle.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:19 am
  • c_hawkbob wrote:
    Mistashoesta wrote:It was years ago. He deserves a second chance. Besides, it looked as if she put her hands on him first.


    Oh for chissakes; he followed them in from outside in order to continue the childish name calling spat he and the girl's gay friend were having. What did he expect to happen? Then when this little wisp of a girl gets up and gets in his face he nails her with a haymaker that could have KILLED her! He wasn't fending her off ... he allowed himself to hit her with a potentially fatal level of violence. He's lucky he didn't wind his arse up in jail. The fact that he didn't is all the second chance he's entitled to IMO.

    I got no interest whatsoever in seeing Joe Mixon in a Seahawks uniform.


    100% agree. I don't get the persistence here by a few that are downplaying this and attempting to appeal to the board here for "forgiveness" either. Team Policy is set by Paul, Pete, and John and has been clearly stated. And yes Cable I agree with should not be here also, but that is more allegation than proven fact so they have "their out" there.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1227
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:16 am
  • c_hawkbob wrote:
    Mistashoesta wrote:It was years ago. He deserves a second chance. Besides, it looked as if she put her hands on him first.


    Oh for chissakes; he followed them in from outside in order to continue the childish name calling spat he and the girl's gay friend were having. What did he expect to happen? Then when this little wisp of a girl gets up and gets in his face he nails her with a haymaker that could have KILLED her! He wasn't fending her off ... he allowed himself to hit her with a potentially fatal level of violence. He's lucky he didn't wind his arse up in jail. The fact that he didn't is all the second chance he's entitled to IMO.

    I got no interest whatsoever in seeing Joe Mixon in a Seahawks uniform.


    That's what I was getting at earlier. EVEN aside from all of that, it shows that Mixon is a risky ROI. He's really off as a human being and will likely have further issues, IMO.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2920
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:33 pm
  • I watched the Mixon video and really, he shouldn't have hit her, however she did a lot to escalate it and it appeared he was walking away when she started pushing him.

    The right thing of course is to just keep walking away.

    Not sure if the guy is a thug because he's clean since and before.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:15 pm
  • Mixon is a great case for the "morality" of the NFL after the whole DV thing with Ray Rice.

    One bad incident albeit it's a tad atypical because most of the abuse cases are DV with a girlfriend or spouse). The fact that he's been out of trouble and showed some remorse probably helps his case for a 2nd chance.

    Some team will take a chance because he can play. Contrast that with Rice and Hardy, at the end of their careers.

    Issues aside, he's probably the best RB prospect this year in terms of an all around back.
    GO HAWKS!
    User avatar
    JTB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 576
    Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:20 am
    Location: Covington, WA


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:25 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Yes I read that part as well. Great that he is stand up now...really good for him but that doesn't take away the fact that he slapped a woman in the first place. Tical21 said that JS statement was black and white. If that was the case, Cable shouldn't be in the Seahawks organization. My intent is to show that it is not as simple as being "black and white". There are a lot of factors in play here.

    Did you read the part where she committed adultery? There have been murders over adultery reduced to voluntary manslaughter because of the provocation of adultery.

    I'm not saying if your wife cheats on you you get to beat on her, but it's not anywhere near the same thing as hitting a woman just because you're a sadistic douchebag.
    User avatar
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1700
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 pm
    Location: Auckland, New Zealand


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:30 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Yes I read that part as well. Great that he is stand up now...really good for him but that doesn't take away the fact that he slapped a woman in the first place. Tical21 said that JS statement was black and white. If that was the case, Cable shouldn't be in the Seahawks organization. My intent is to show that it is not as simple as being "black and white". There are a lot of factors in play here.

    Did you read the part where she committed adultery? There have been murders over adultery reduced to voluntary manslaughter because of the provocation of adultery.

    I'm not saying if your wife cheats on you you get to beat on her, but it's not anywhere near the same thing as hitting a woman just because you're a sadistic douchebag.

    The punishment in the Philippines for murdering a spouse caught in the act of committing adultery is banishment.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:05 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Yes I read that part as well. Great that he is stand up now...really good for him but that doesn't take away the fact that he slapped a woman in the first place. Tical21 said that JS statement was black and white. If that was the case, Cable shouldn't be in the Seahawks organization. My intent is to show that it is not as simple as being "black and white". There are a lot of factors in play here.

    Did you read the part where she committed adultery? There have been murders over adultery reduced to voluntary manslaughter because of the provocation of adultery.

    I'm not saying if your wife cheats on you you get to beat on her, but it's not anywhere near the same thing as hitting a woman just because you're a sadistic douchebag.

    The punishment in the Philippines for murdering a spouse caught in the act of committing adultery is banishment.

    I didn't realize our mods wielded such power in the Philippines.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2748
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:39 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:I watched the Mixon video and really, he shouldn't have hit her, however she did a lot to escalate it and it appeared he was walking away when she started pushing him.

    The right thing of course is to just keep walking away.

    Not sure if the guy is a thug because he's clean since and before.


    Context...

    He and his football friends followed her into a restaurant after a previous verbal encounter where the football players were using homophobic slurs...

    Again, I wouldn't care if Mixon was here. But that particular incident shouldn't be marginalized without its context
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11700
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:00 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Yes I read that part as well. Great that he is stand up now...really good for him but that doesn't take away the fact that he slapped a woman in the first place. Tical21 said that JS statement was black and white. If that was the case, Cable shouldn't be in the Seahawks organization. My intent is to show that it is not as simple as being "black and white". There are a lot of factors in play here.

    Did you read the part where she committed adultery? There have been murders over adultery reduced to voluntary manslaughter because of the provocation of adultery.

    I'm not saying if your wife cheats on you you get to beat on her, but it's not anywhere near the same thing as hitting a woman just because you're a sadistic douchebag.

    The punishment in the Philippines for murdering a spouse caught in the act of committing adultery is banishment.

    I didn't realize our mods wielded such power in the Philippines.


    LMFAO, that was clever.
    Alert The Legion.
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 546
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:45 pm
  • Glad you liked, jonesy
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2748
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


Re: Sounds like we'll add a RB
Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:45 pm
  • McCaffrey. He's got athlete in his genes and he focuses.
    Journalism is dead, it's been replaced by creative writing aka fake news.
    Critical thinking is pretty much dead too. I miss the hearsay rule.
    The concept of "ethic" has been stripped from the Journalism curriculum.
    User avatar
    Rocket
    * .NET Attention Whore *
     
    Posts: 3477
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    Location: The Rain Forest


PreviousNext


It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online