Sounds like we'll add a RB

endzorn

Reaction score
I don't have the link but if you have the iHeart app go to the 9 to Noon show with Paul Allen of KFan Minneapolis. Darrell Bevell was on this morning and said the team plans to "shore up" the RB position and didn't mention Alex Collins when he spoke of the RB rotation. Spoke of the injury history of Rawls and Prosise so sounds like they plan on adding someone to the Rawls/Prosise equation.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Time to mortgage the farm to move up and get Fornette. Let's do this!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sounds like he only mentioned injured RBs as the reason to "shore up the position." In that case, no need to mention AC.

IMHO, AC looked really good when he was in there. Much better than I would have expected from a RB that hasn't had many reps. I think he could be our main guy.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Jerhawk":10sk1qay said:

PASS! We already have two RB's on the roster that can't stay healthy. Id prefer not to waste a bunch of picks on a third.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
gowazzu02":11yb2wf8 said:
Jerhawk":11yb2wf8 said:

PASS! We already have two RB's on the roster that can't stay healthy. Id prefer not to waste a bunch of picks on a third.

Agreed... i'd rather get AP instead and see if Rawls and Prosise get healthy

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
There's only three cornerstone RB's in the draft, and none of them will be around when we pick.

So my guess is we'll bring in a veteran and maybe spend another lower round pick on a RB. Too many other glaring needs right now to spend any real draft capital on moving up to grab one of the big three of Fornette, Mixon or Cook.

Mixon MIGHT fall to us cause of his recent video? But even then, doubtful, dude's too talented for someone not to take a risk above us.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Strange that he didn't mention Alex Collins. He didn't play a lot but he showed promise.

mikeak

Reaction score
Charles

Do want to make sure we provide lots of business to local hospitals.....

HawkGA

Reaction score
Per the radio the other day (no idea who, the non-Mel Kiper guy at ESPN?), the draft is deep at running back and that you can get quality RBs in the 4th round that would have been 1st rounders the last couple of years.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Samaje Perine could possibly be there in round #2 but that could very well depend on how well he shows at the Combine.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
imo our starting RB is not on the roster and not in free agency...I say we draft one by the 3rd rd.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1gn8ofuy said:

Him or cook, win-win situation there. If not, I like foreman or McCaffrey as well. Cook reminds me of ladanian Tomlinson, with the raw passion and ferocity he runs with. That dude is one of those dudes that wants it more than all the other dudes on the field....dude, lol. But seriously, I can see his excellent work ethic in his running style.

Latavius Murray is going to be released by the raiders. I think they like their young guys. I think he would be an excellent addition. Then there is Peterson and Charles. Maybe even a guy like Jennings. The giants did him wrong. They never gave him a chance to run the ball. I think he would also be a great insurance policy. Good potential, low cost.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
scutterhawk":15na6ywg said:
Samaje Perine could possibly be there in round #2 but that could very well depend on how well he shows at the Combine.

He's a big dude. Wouldn't be a bad pick in the second. I forget about perine with all the other backs out there.

Meedsy

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":27gkk1g6 said:
scutterhawk":27gkk1g6 said:

He's a big dude. Wouldn't be a bad pick in the second. I forget about perine with all the other backs out there.

Would love this guy! Absolute monster out there and would definitely add that attitude back to our running game :2thumbs:

Largent80

Reaction score
endzorn":vrvdvtgo said:
I don't have the link but if you have the iHeart app go to the 9 to Noon show with Paul Allen of KFan Minneapolis. Darrell Bevell was on this morning and said the team plans to "shore up" the RB position and didn't mention Alex Collins when he spoke of the RB rotation. Spoke of the injury history of Rawls and Prosise so sounds like they plan on adding someone to the Rawls/Prosise equation.

That's what Iv'e been saying for a while now. It's hard to feel all warm and fuzzy with all the injuries, and a very deep and talented RB pool in the draft.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Meedsy":rvhqx5ty said:
Jimjones0384":rvhqx5ty said:
scutterhawk":rvhqx5ty said:

Would love this guy! Absolute monster out there and would definitely add that attitude back to our running game :2thumbs:

So, I went back and researched perines film. What a beast. You guys are right, he's the guy. I can literally see him in a Hawks uniform when he runs. Not only is he a "Hawky" running back, but he would complement the backs we have perfectly. I hate saying this about any kid coming out, but selfishly I kinda hope he has a bad combine so he will slide a little to us, lol. I don't think he will though, gonna have to spend a second at least. I bet he is high on pcjs radar though. And they have proven they will spend a high pick on the right rb in their eyes. This is the type of guy that will make a mediocre line look decent. This is my new draft crush, and he may just become my draft love. I'm in on this, thanks y'all for bringing his name up. I may have overlooked him because of all the other guys "above" him. I hope the draft analyzers keep under-valuing this dude.

Tical21

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":161mpst7 said:
There's only three cornerstone RB's in the draft, and none of them will be around when we pick.

So my guess is we'll bring in a veteran and maybe spend another lower round pick on a RB. Too many other glaring needs right now to spend any real draft capital on moving up to grab one of the big three of Fornette, Mixon or Cook.

Mixon MIGHT fall to us cause of his recent video? But even then, doubtful, dude's too talented for someone not to take a risk above us.
Mixon ain't getting drafted bro. I mean, maybe, mayyyyyybe, late, but I doubt it.

Joe Williams is the guy.

Tical21

Reaction score
I had always dismissed Perine as lacking too much explosion. But man, that kid is physical. The problem is that the good runs you saw on his highlights were blocked well, but I also have a feeling he'd be pretty good when it isn't blocked well. I'd be on board.

mikeak

Reaction score
Mixon won't. They took a lot of backlash with Frank and justified it with (paraphrasing) basically making an argument for there was nothing proven and they believed him

You can't say the same with Mixon.

Ironically I didn't like Frank because of his history but would be totally fine with Mixon. I am really annoyed with the media for portraying it like domestic abuse. Somehow the idiots running media think that if you hit a woman it is domestic abuse. Domestic abuse is against someone you know closely and most often in your household. It is not going out, being drunk, getting into a fight with another drunk person then punching them in the face.

Was it a woman and does it make it worse - yes. Did he pay a penalty that while not severe enough was a penalty - yes

Does an after hour fight / altercation indicate that he will "abuse" someone in the future like a certain Giants kicker..... NO