Tender offers coming in on restricted free agents?

Jville

Reaction score
The Seattle Seahawks will offer starting right tackle Garry Gilliam the lowest restricted free agent tender of $1.797 million, according to a league source.

Source >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/24649/source-seahawks-to-offer-lowest-tender-to-restricted-free-agent-garry-gilliam[/urltargetblank]

Another link >>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/247456/report-seahawks-to-give-garry-gilliam-lowest-rfa-tender/[/urltargetblank]

Feel free to add additional tender announcements.

crosfam

Reaction score
My prediction - love him, like him, or hate him, Gilliam gets a better offer from another team. Too many teams are looking to upgrade, and somebody will give him a multi-year offer or a single year offer at or over 2 million.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
crosfam":2w79p9jn said:
My prediction - love him, like him, or hate him, Gilliam gets a better offer from another team. Too many teams are looking to upgrade, and somebody will give him a multi-year offer or a single year offer at or over 2 million.

Not if they have watched him play...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suppose you have to pay something to keep him but $1.797 mil. for the year seems a bit rich. Hopefully he learned to be nastier from last season and can compete with whatever RT the team brings in. He certainly was a big disappointment last season.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2c11qa5e said:
Hawk Finn":2c11qa5e said:
Jville":2c11qa5e said:

I'll start.
Jville, you inspire me to be a better man.

:D

Jville, we all love ya man.

I feel so included this morning. It's a nice feeling. The kind of feeling everyone should feel instilled with in each visit to seahawks.net

As some of you know, I'm a long time fan of DeShawn Shead. So ..... I'm all ears for any news on DeShawn's status and future. Only speculation so far on a possible tender offer.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":6pcwxn2m said:
Hawk Finn":6pcwxn2m said:
Jville":6pcwxn2m said:
I'll start.

:D

Jville, we all love ya man.

I feel so included this morning. It's a nice feeling. The kind of feeling everyone should feel instilled with in each visit to seahawks.net

As some of you know, I'm a long time fan of DeShawn Shead. So ..... I'm all ears for any news on DeShawn's status and future. Only speculation so far on a possible tender offer.
Because he played college ball at Portland State?

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":wv1syhxf said:
jammerhawk":wv1syhxf said:
Hawk Finn":wv1syhxf said:

He made his presence known to me in his rookie Seahawk year. I became aware of his basketball background after he signed with Seattle. He works hard and is versatile. And of course, multi-sport backgrounds signal good ball and movement skills. I also tend to sense that he is a genuinely good man. DeShawn Shead sets an outstanding example for young rookie free agents.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Jville":36n995z7 said:
Siouxhawk":36n995z7 said:
jammerhawk":36n995z7 said:
Hawk Finn":36n995z7 said:

He made his presence known to me in his rookie Seahawk year. I became aware of his basketball background after he signed with Seattle. He works hard and is versatile. And of course, multi-sport backgrounds signal good ball and movement skills. I also tend to sense that he is a genuinely good man. DeShawn Shead sets an outstanding example for young rookie free agents.
Thanks for the insight. I wish him a most speedy recovery.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There are 5 other RFA candidates for offers.

They are:

1.CB- 35- DeShawn Shead (R),
2. FS- 23- Steven Terrell (R),
3. SOLB- 59- Ronald Powell (R),
4. WOLB- 41- Dewey McDonald (R),
5. LB- 52- Brock Coyle (R),

I wouldn't expect the team is going to tender them all, but do expect the team to tender Shead, Terrell, and Mc Donald. What has happened in the past is the team has tendered all the RFA's and then done a deal with them at a price lower than the tender amount.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Sucks for Shead, he was a serviceable corner opposite Sherman. The NFL is a cruel business...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":10vf2il7 said:
Sucks for Shead, he was a serviceable corner opposite Sherman. The NFL is a cruel business...

They'll still offer Shead a contract, probably with a low base and enough incentives to make more than the 1.8M tender would have been.

So if he comes back and stays healthy he'll be OK. Just might not be til October or maybe even November.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My bet is both will be back sooner or later. Coyle, an undrafted player is not worth $1.797 mii. as a backup MLB and ST player. Nor is Shead for who probably won't be back to playing speed until Dec as an ACL rehab usually takes most of a year.
The other 3, Terrell, Powell, and McDonald have back up level value, though McDonald is an excellent ST player. Both Terrell and McDonald were undrafted while Powell was a 5th Rd pick. Terrell may have sufficient value to tender@RFR level, but the others maybe not so much.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1y2fc4u1 said:
Hawk Finn":1y2fc4u1 said:
Jville":1y2fc4u1 said:

I'll start.

That is truly funny!

We surely need more tender, sweet nothings around here!

Do you know how hard it is to not lose my character after reading this? I could respond, But.....I think I shall leave it as it is.

:2thumbs: