Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Tender offers coming in on restricted free agents?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Jville wrote:
    Feel free to add additional tender announcements.

I'll start.
    Jville, you inspire me to be a better man.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

• My prediction - love him, like him, or hate him, Gilliam gets a better offer from another team. Too many teams are looking to upgrade, and somebody will give him a multi-year offer or a single year offer at or over 2 million.
    crosfam
    NET Starter

• crosfam wrote:My prediction - love him, like him, or hate him, Gilliam gets a better offer from another team. Too many teams are looking to upgrade, and somebody will give him a multi-year offer or a single year offer at or over 2 million.

Not if they have watched him play...
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

• Hawk Finn wrote:
    Jville wrote:

I'll start.

:2thumbs:
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• I suppose you have to pay something to keep him but $1.797 mil. for the year seems a bit rich. Hopefully he learned to be nastier from last season and can compete with whatever RT the team brings in. He certainly was a big disappointment last season.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Hawk Finn wrote:
    Jville wrote:

I'll start.

:D

Jville, we all love ya man.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• That's 1.797M too much.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:
    Hawk Finn wrote:
    Jville wrote:

I'll start.

I feel so included this morning. It's a nice feeling. The kind of feeling everyone should feel instilled with in each visit to seahawks.net

As some of you know, I'm a long time fan of DeShawn Shead. So ..... I'm all ears for any news on DeShawn's status and future. Only speculation so far on a possible tender offer.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• jammerhawk wrote:
    Hawk Finn wrote:
    Jville wrote:

I'll start.

I feel so included this morning. It's a nice feeling. The kind of feeling everyone should feel instilled with in each visit to seahawks.net

As some of you know, I'm a long time fan of DeShawn Shead. So ..... I'm all ears for any news on DeShawn's status and future. Only speculation so far on a possible tender offer.

Because he played college ball at Portland State?
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Siouxhawk wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:
    Hawk Finn wrote:

He made his presence known to me in his rookie Seahawk year. I became aware of his basketball background after he signed with Seattle. He works hard and is versatile. And of course, multi-sport backgrounds signal good ball and movement skills. I also tend to sense that he is a genuinely good man. DeShawn Shead sets an outstanding example for young rookie free agents.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:
    Hawk Finn wrote:

He made his presence known to me in his rookie Seahawk year. I became aware of his basketball background after he signed with Seattle. He works hard and is versatile. And of course, multi-sport backgrounds signal good ball and movement skills. I also tend to sense that he is a genuinely good man. DeShawn Shead sets an outstanding example for young rookie free agents.

Thanks for the insight. I wish him a most speedy recovery.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• There are 5 other RFA candidates for offers.

They are:

1.CB- 35- DeShawn Shead (R),
    2. FS- 23- Steven Terrell (R),
    3. SOLB- 59- Ronald Powell (R),
    4. WOLB- 41- Dewey McDonald (R),
    5. LB- 52- Brock Coyle (R),

I wouldn't expect the team is going to tender them all, but do expect the team to tender Shead, Terrell, and Mc Donald. What has happened in the past is the team has tendered all the RFA's and then done a deal with them at a price lower than the tender amount.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I was going to post the exact above but you beat me to it.

Mine was in the last paragraph of the follow link which offers some rationale.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/3/7/1484 ... ings-needs

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Sucks for Shead, he was a serviceable corner opposite Sherman. The NFL is a cruel business...
    Kennedyin92
    NET Starter

• Kennedyin92 wrote:Sucks for Shead, he was a serviceable corner opposite Sherman. The NFL is a cruel business...

They'll still offer Shead a contract, probably with a low base and enough incentives to make more than the 1.8M tender would have been.

So if he comes back and stays healthy he'll be OK. Just might not be til October or maybe even November.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

• Hawk Finn wrote:
    Jville wrote:

I'll start.

That is truly funny!

We surely need more tender, sweet nothings around here!
    2017 Adopt a Rookie: Tedric Thompson
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• My bet is both will be back sooner or later. Coyle, an undrafted player is not worth $1.797 mii. as a backup MLB and ST player. Nor is Shead for who probably won't be back to playing speed until Dec as an ACL rehab usually takes most of a year.
    The other 3, Terrell, Powell, and McDonald have back up level value, though McDonald is an excellent ST player. Both Terrell and McDonald were undrafted while Powell was a 5th Rd pick. Terrell may have sufficient value to tender@RFR level, but the others maybe not so much.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• West TX Hawk wrote:
    Hawk Finn wrote:
    Jville wrote:

I'll start.

That is truly funny!

We surely need more tender, sweet nothings around here!

Do you know how hard it is to not lose my character after reading this? I could respond, But.....I think I shall leave it as it is.

:2thumbs:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:I suppose you have to pay something to keep him but $1.797 mil. for the year seems a bit rich. Hopefully he learned to be nastier from last season and can compete with whatever RT the team brings in. He certainly was a big disappointment last season.

Y'all act like we're dealing with robots. How many times have we seen a player be cleared to play, but take most of a season to return to full form? Yet injuries are repeatedly treated as non-factor in here. It's not the same as replacing a parts, reflowing solder joints, tightening bolts, etc.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Still think somebody is going to look at Gilliam's youth, athleticism , his experience, and think he is about ready to step up... and pay him more than we will. too much demand out there.
    crosfam
    NET Starter

• crosfam wrote:Still think somebody is going to look at Gilliam's youth, athleticism , his experience, and think he is about ready to step up... and pay him more than we will. too much demand out there.

Is that before or after they watch his game film?

Are they going to pay him a lot more than the Hawks? A multiyear deal with guarantees? How much?

I think he signs his tender and later gets cut or restructures.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• crosfam wrote:Still think somebody is going to look at Gilliam's youth, athleticism , his experience, and think he is about ready to step up... and pay him more than we will. too much demand out there.

Athleticism? What good is it if he doesn't know how to harness it?
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

• Somebody assistant coach is going to tell his GM "I can get this guy to play! Just look at his athleticism!" and they will sign Gilliam to a hefty contract. Some team with a ton of money to spend, and there are several.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information