Seattle being one of AP top 3 landing spots?

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
Heard today that AP would be willing to sign at a discount for a contender. His top 2 spots he wants are Oakland and seattle.
I don't particularly see us going after him but if he came to us on the cheap side for a chance at a ring I see it being a good signing. He was the best back of his generation so he could be a great mentor to Rawls and Procise.
The only question is what does he consider a discount?
What do you all think?

nash72

Reaction score
Please no. Spend the money on more important things.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
large.png

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I think it would have to be a hell of a discount.

Agree that he was best of his generation; not sure that automatically means he'd be a great mentor.

On the field- those injuries have to be taking their toll. I just don't see signing him as smart, unless the bottom line is way below what I think it will be.

OP
OP
A

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
Yeah when I said cheap I ment cheap like <2mil for the year.

Also I agree that a starter needs to be found. I love Rawls and Procise but they are too injury prone to be starters atm. If they can stay healthy theb by all means go for it but right now I don't see that happening.
I know if won't happen but I would love to see fournette fall to us. He's big and powerful like beastmode was but that's probably a pipe dream.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Aiunahthar":2ud11ehe said:
Heard today that AP would be willing to sign at a discount for a contender. His top 2 spots he wants are Oakland and seattle.
I don't particularly see us going after him but if he came to us on the cheap side for a chance at a ring I see it being a good signing. He was the best back of his generation so he could be a great mentor to Rawls and Procise.
The only question is what does he consider a discount?
What do you all think?

Good first post... Welcome aboard

rjdriver

Reaction score
There are reports (I didn't substantiate) that AP has fathered between 6-8 children with several different woman. Considering this expense, I have a feeling his version of discount will differ from ours.

As has been mentioned in other threads, this has the Patriots written all over it.

sutz

Reaction score
Somehow doesn't seem like a "Pete/JS" type move. :229031_shrug:

getnasty

Reaction score
Read on Walterfootball.com that his AP's Dad said he drawing interest from Oakland and Seattle, have no idea how legit that is.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
nash72":1gfulk2r said:
Please no. Spend the money on more important things.

That doesn't encompass a lot. Not with Pete Carroll. The run is of top consideration to him.

If you don't think there's at least a chance of this happening, you don't know Pete.

Though I agree he probably ends up with the Patriots, because FML.

mikeak

Reaction score
Reece, AP, Procise, Rawls

Yes please. RB by committee. Incredible speed options. AC for 1 yard carries

I like it. One year $5million. Won't damage for the future. Totally worth the gamble

Draft O-line. Live with glaring holes on D or pick up 1-2 in FA

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Oakland is a great fit for him, I think.

Murray put up 1K rushing for them last year and he's really not a very good player, and with Washington and Richard they already have two 3rd down/pass catching backs on that roster.

ADP as a first and second down workhorse in Oakland is a really nice match.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
As long as it doesn't break the bank, bring him in by all means. When AP feels like he needs to prove himself, he explodes like the freak he is. I feel one of those years coming on. He will help our run game.

Seymour

Reaction score
You also cannot pay a premium for a player then not make use of his skills because he cannot run through a brick wall. Doesn't matter who you put behind them last year, nobody was going anywhere. That is exactly why 100% that HAS to be fixed first. Same as keeping Jimmy in to block. Pay the premium for the player, then cannot use his skill set. If that happens, it's a lock another failed season IMO.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Our line is bound to be better. And who's to say we don't bring in O line help too in free agency? If the monetary terms suit us, go get him. Him, Rawls and Prosise would be fun to watch.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Somehow I have a feeling we will take him because he's an ex Vikings and we love them here lol

OP
OP
A

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":oqq1q63t said:
Somehow I have a feeling we will take him because he's an ex Vikings and we love them here lol

And winning comment goes to... :lol: