Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Incompetent Seattle media or

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Incompetent Seattle media or
Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:39 am
  • kf3339 wrote:So you're saying Brady is the only player on the field?

The Pats FO make moves and don't stand pat. They are creative and make adjustments not just in FA, but also during games. We don't.

Sure we do!! Look 3-4 weeks later and you will see it. It takes Bevell that long for the game film to finally sink in, or he'll see a college game to give him an idea of a "new trick play" to use. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:39 am
  • Hawks best move was extending Bennett for 9-10 per back in December, especially considering Calais got 14+ per on the open market.

Those Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett extensions can be done after the 2017 season and are going to be pretty big too considering what Olivier Vernon and Robert Woods are getting.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:43 am
  • When Brady retires, the Patriots are toast.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:46 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:When Brady retires, the Patriots are toast.

Disagree.

Belichick is the key to their success. Brady is just a "tool" that Belichick knows how to use and build around.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:48 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:When Brady retires, the Patriots are toast.

Wrong.

Belichick is the key to their success. Brady is just a "tool" that Belichick knows how to use and build around.

Don't agree. They will be nowhere as invincible when Tommy leaves.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:57 am
  • Seymour wrote:

Disagree.

Yep Belicheck proved this with those prior success he had before Brady............ :sarcasm_off:
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:00 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    sutz wrote:Strange, but I seem to recall that almost every time they went for a "splashy" FA/trade, it bombed.

We don't have the cash to outbid most of the other teams in the league. Need to be wiser this year, not big risk takers.

Sidney Rice, Zach Miller, Cliff Avril, and Michael Bennett were all huge free agency signings made during the Schneider and Pete era. All of those players were the #1 rated free agent at their position the year the Seahawks signed them....with Avril and Bennett being #1 and #2 in the same free agency class.

I wouldn't say any of those splash free agent signings bombed. Sidney and Zach were instrumental in the 2012 season, which laid the groundwork for our 13 Super Bowl Season. Michael Bennett and Cliff need no explanation. They're currently top players at their position in the league.

What we usually bomb at was trading away our first round pick for Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham. Percy, because he's a nutcase. And Graham, because our OC is incompetent and doesn't know how to utilize one of the greatest offensive weapons in the game.

Graham just established a franchise record for tight end yardage in a year he's coming off a major injury. He is being used efficiently and will have an even more impactful season this year.

That's great and all, but historically TE is one of the worst positions the Seahawks have had, so is that really saying much?

Graham should be putting up Gronk numbers.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:05 am
  • His numbers will be better as our offensive line becomes more consistent. He exceeded Gronk's numbers last season.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:12 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Wrong.

Don't agree. They will be nowhere as invincible when Tommy leaves.

Brady no doubt is big in their current success, but not as big as Belichick, and they are not "toast". He will just build a strong defense and win that way. He has the ability to change year to year, game to game, and even play to play to exploit the other teams weakness.
    None of that silliness we lean on "it's not about them it's about us"....won't change crap.

I would trade Pete for Belichick in a heartbeat, and I like Pete (mostly) and hate Bill.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:17 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:When Brady retires, the Patriots are toast.

Only if Belichick retires with him.

Patriot's were 11-5 without Brady for an entire season, and 3-1 without him last year. Belichick is the key, not Brady.

Every single year the Patriot's churn their roster over, trade top talent.........and never miss a beat.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:18 am
  • OK, fair points. But I could realistically see the power pendulum swing our way over them when Brady retires. Those amazing comebacks aren't happening with as much frequency when he's gone. But that could be 3 years yet.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:53 am
  • They won with Cassell, they won with Grappalo or how ever you spell it when Brady was down or Suspended. They play better with Brady but it's not a world ender if he is out.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:58 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:His numbers will be better as our offensive line becomes more consistent. He exceeded Gronk's numbers last season.

Gronk played like 8 games last year. You know what I meant. Jimmy should be catching 70 over balls, receive for over 1000 yards, and score over 10 TDs every year.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:03 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:His numbers will be better as our offensive line becomes more consistent. He exceeded Gronk's numbers last season.

Gronk played like 8 games last year. You know what I meant. Jimmy should be catching 70 over balls, receive for over 1000 yards, and score over 10 TDs every year.

He really wasn't far off that pace last year, so yeah, that's doable. Our line should be more consistent next season, further sparking that production.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:38 pm
  • I see us gaining journeyman NOT star caliber OL players after the dust settles... Likely will bring a couple anonymous in over the weekend for visits. Stars are not what were after here. Serviceable OL/DL players proven but just not star caliber.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:48 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:His numbers will be better as our offensive line becomes more consistent. He exceeded Gronk's numbers last season.

He really wasn't far off that pace last year, so yeah, that's doable. Our line should be more consistent next season, further sparking that production.

The only thing our line was close to consistent at was getting destroyed. So being "more consistent" would actually be worse in our case.
    Anyone expecting "improvement by calendar" (different day therefore better results) is in for a rude awakening.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:51 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

The only thing our line was close to consistent at was getting destroyed. So being "more consistent" would actually be worse in our case.
    Anyone expecting "improvement by calendar" (different day therefore better results) is in for a rude awakening.

I read Attyla's post about the line in the FA thread and I tend to agree with it. In short, our FO isn't sitting on their hands in this regard. They have a plan.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:00 pm
  • The Plan

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:09 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:I read Attyla's post about the line in the FA thread and I tend to agree with it. In short, our FO isn't sitting on their hands in this regard. They have a plan.

Of course they have a plan, but this FO's plans have been awful to downright horrific when it comes to the O-line.

So excuse me if I'm a little impatient and skeptical when it comes to this position group seeing all the top FA lineman getting snatched up while we do nothing................compounded by the fact that this is one of the worst O-line drafts in history.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:15 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:I read Attyla's post about the line in the FA thread and I tend to agree with it. In short, our FO isn't sitting on their hands in this regard. They have a plan.

Of course they have a plan, but this FO's plans have been awful to downright horrific when it comes to the O-line.

So excuse me if I'm a little impatient and skeptical when it comes to this position group seeing all the top FA lineman getting snatched up while we do nothing................compounded by the fact that this is one of the worst O-line drafts in history.

I understand your trepidation. I'm coming around to the idea that at least 2 of the newbies will click in their second seasons and that a gem or two will be brought in from mid level free agency and the draft.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:14 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:I read Attyla's post about the line in the FA thread and I tend to agree with it. In short, our FO isn't sitting on their hands in this regard. They have a plan.

LMAO!!!

Dude....you do realize they "had a plan" last year as well....correct? :179422:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:41 pm
  • Seattle media sucks Petes Balls all year. It's a competition between them and John Clayton so you cannot expect them to report anything that Petey doesn't want reported or anything to the contrary. They are stuck in the middle.
    cjcinec56
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:29 pm
  • The Problem with Seattle Media is most are Seahawks or had been or are employed or want to keep access to their inside sources. Rare is it you hear anyone blast the Seahawks.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Previous

It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information