John Schneider is a GENIUS

Mr.Crayola

Reaction score
With so many Edge rushers in contract years John Scneider made sure that they could all get 4 sacks a game this year and outprice their current NFC West teams so that they go out of our division. Just wait till next year with an improved line and a terrible oppenent :sarcasm_off:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Somehow I suspect it wasn't planned. :pukeface:

Even JS recognized he fielded an OLine that was too inexperienced.

The law of unit ended consequence may have luckily appeared for the team though.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Very glad C. Campbell is gone. Good work Schneider! :mrgreen:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
haha! I like this line of thinking. Certainly helps me feel better about our O-line.

endzorn

Reaction score
The 2013 and 2014 drafts were anything but genius. The reason we've dipped below the elite level teams is because we got almost zero return from two drafts in a row. He's a damn good GM, but hes made some real mistakes recently.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ac0j5bp said:
When's this gonna happen again? More rookies? More 3rd tier free agents?

How about this year? We're slated to have no rookies on the starting OL at any position. We also don't have any of the 3rd tier free agents on the roster either. Also no rookies in our depth.

Of course we might add some cheap UFA options. But as it stands, those will probably be backups. Where they belong.

Seattle really shouldn't have to add anyone in order to see visible improvement on the field. Last year we incurred the cost of inexperience. We should see the rewards of that this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":un6pc8ay said:
Sgt. Largent":un6pc8ay said:
When's this gonna happen again? More rookies? More 3rd tier free agents?

How about this year? We're slated to have no rookies on the starting OL at any position. We also don't have any of the 3rd tier free agents on the roster either. Also no rookies in our depth.

Of course we might add some cheap UFA options. But as it stands, those will probably be backups. Where they belong.

Seattle really shouldn't have to add anyone in order to see visible improvement on the field. Last year we incurred the cost of inexperience. We should see the rewards of that this year.

Then where's the improvement coming from? The same knuckleheads who couldn't block last year?

O-line improvement is the least dramatic of any position group from year to year...........it takes 3-4 years to get guys to play well together because of all the communication and technique coached up needed. Especially when your'e talking about converted D-lineman and basketball players.

So sorry, if you expect the worst line in our franchises history to start playing well six months removed from crapping the bed for an entire season, you have WAY more faith than me.

chris98251

Reaction score
They simply get better by attrition, Rams trade or lose players in F.A., 49ers are cutting everyone, Arizona losing players, that must mean were going to be better, we are not playing against as good of D lines.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":m7guu6eb said:
They simply get better by attrition, Rams trade or lose players in F.A., 49ers are cutting everyone, Arizona losing players, that must mean were going to be better, we are not playing against as good of D lines.

Not that I'm worried about the Rams or Niners, but they're both signing players..........and there are more teams in the NFC than just our own division that are improving themselves.

I understand our cap situation, so I will remain patient. But if we don't pick up at least a couple good O-lineman in FA, then I'm not very confident going into camp with this same group and 1-2 draft picks to fix how bad this line was last year.

Same with our DB group. The draft isn't going to fix how depleted we are there.