Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

John Schneider is a GENIUS

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
John Schneider is a GENIUS
Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:46 pm
  • With so many Edge rushers in contract years John Scneider made sure that they could all get 4 sacks a game this year and outprice their current NFC West teams so that they go out of our division. Just wait till next year with an improved line and a terrible oppenent :sarcasm_off:
    Mr.Crayola
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: John Schneider is a GENIUS
Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:04 pm
  • Somehow I suspect it wasn't planned. :pukeface:

Even JS recognized he fielded an OLine that was too inexperienced.

The law of unit ended consequence may have luckily appeared for the team though.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:20 am
  • Very glad C. Campbell is gone. Good work Schneider! :mrgreen:
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:30 am
  • haha! I like this line of thinking. Certainly helps me feel better about our O-line.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:42 am
  • Mr.Crayola wrote: an improved line

When's this gonna happen again? More rookies? More 3rd tier free agents?
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:04 am
  • The 2013 and 2014 drafts were anything but genius. The reason we've dipped below the elite level teams is because we got almost zero return from two drafts in a row. He's a damn good GM, but hes made some real mistakes recently.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:12 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:When's this gonna happen again? More rookies? More 3rd tier free agents?

How about this year? We're slated to have no rookies on the starting OL at any position. We also don't have any of the 3rd tier free agents on the roster either. Also no rookies in our depth.

Of course we might add some cheap UFA options. But as it stands, those will probably be backups. Where they belong.

Seattle really shouldn't have to add anyone in order to see visible improvement on the field. Last year we incurred the cost of inexperience. We should see the rewards of that this year.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:20 am
  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:When's this gonna happen again? More rookies? More 3rd tier free agents?

How about this year? We're slated to have no rookies on the starting OL at any position. We also don't have any of the 3rd tier free agents on the roster either. Also no rookies in our depth.

Of course we might add some cheap UFA options. But as it stands, those will probably be backups. Where they belong.

Seattle really shouldn't have to add anyone in order to see visible improvement on the field. Last year we incurred the cost of inexperience. We should see the rewards of that this year.

Then where's the improvement coming from? The same knuckleheads who couldn't block last year?

O-line improvement is the least dramatic of any position group from year to year...........it takes 3-4 years to get guys to play well together because of all the communication and technique coached up needed. Especially when your'e talking about converted D-lineman and basketball players.

So sorry, if you expect the worst line in our franchises history to start playing well six months removed from crapping the bed for an entire season, you have WAY more faith than me.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:54 am
  • They simply get better by attrition, Rams trade or lose players in F.A., 49ers are cutting everyone, Arizona losing players, that must mean were going to be better, we are not playing against as good of D lines.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:01 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:They simply get better by attrition, Rams trade or lose players in F.A., 49ers are cutting everyone, Arizona losing players, that must mean were going to be better, we are not playing against as good of D lines.

Not that I'm worried about the Rams or Niners, but they're both signing players..........and there are more teams in the NFC than just our own division that are improving themselves.

I understand our cap situation, so I will remain patient. But if we don't pick up at least a couple good O-lineman in FA, then I'm not very confident going into camp with this same group and 1-2 draft picks to fix how bad this line was last year.

Same with our DB group. The draft isn't going to fix how depleted we are there.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:21 pm
  • Let other teams massively overpay guys. Meh
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information