Bye bye Haush

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Bye bye Haush
Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:52 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:oh the life of a kicker

    if Haush makes that chip shot against ARZ, Seahawks get the 2 seed and probably to the NFC title game at least. Prob stays here too. At the same time Walsh gets a second chance. Buffalo got a good kicker, though. I thought Haush was the best kicker in the league for a bit.


    OTOH, if Catanzaro had made his chip shot, Hausch never even gets the opportunity at the game winning FG and we lose instead of tie. Don't forget how fortunate we were to not lose that game as Catanzaro had his chip shot chance before Hausch did.

    I do agree with you though that Hausch was the best in the league for awhile there. Certainly not last season though.


    Don't forget, he had Bobby Wagner in his face again... Hausch had nothing but victory staring him in the face...
    User avatar
    evergreen
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 435
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 pm


Re: Bye bye Haush
Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:26 pm
  • Oh dear. Going from Sea to buf is a nasty culture shock. Oh well. At least the cost of living is next to nothing, I mean nothing in buf.
    User avatar
    YYZHawksFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 626
    Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:47 am
    Location: YVR-YYZ


Re: Bye bye Haush
Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:33 pm
  • RiverDog wrote:Haush had a bad year, the worst of his career, and I'm not about to make excuses for him. But there were more reasons for his lackluster performance than his low kicks:

    He never has like kicking off the turf in Arizona. I'm not sure if anyone else has ever noticed, but it's usually dotted with large divots by midway through the 2nd quarter. That was the locale of his worst blunder in his career, the missed chip shot FT in OT.

    He didn't always get a perfect snap.

    The OL gave up way too much of a push up front. It's like they were wearing roller skates.

    He's hit some clutch FG's for us, executed a perfect onside kick that got us to a SB. And his kickoffs yielded a fair share of touchbacks.

    I accept the fact that it was time for him to go, but I'm not sure if Walsh is an upgrade. Only time will tell.


    Last year was his third-best as far as FG% is concerned. His worst was 2014, and I don't remember hearing anyone complaining about him then. Sure, he struggled with XPs, but he didn't outright lose us any games because of them. He pulled the one in Arizona because it would have been blocked had he kicked it straight. And for all of its praise as a playing surface, it regularly ranks as one of the worst stadiums for kickers. They completely over-water it, which is why you regularly see teams slipping all over the place and cramping up from the humidity (because it's scorching outside and the roof is closed, trapping the moisture).
    User avatar
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2941
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Bye bye Haush
Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:14 am
  • 253hawk wrote:Last year was his third-best as far as FG% is concerned. His worst was 2014, and I don't remember hearing anyone complaining about him then. Sure, he struggled with XPs, but he didn't outright lose us any games because of them. He pulled the one in Arizona because it would have been blocked had he kicked it straight. And for all of its praise as a playing surface, it regularly ranks as one of the worst stadiums for kickers. They completely over-water it, which is why you regularly see teams slipping all over the place and cramping up from the humidity (because it's scorching outside and the roof is closed, trapping the moisture).


    I agree 100% with you about the Arizona turf. Being in the potato business, I know that when temperatures near 100F, the plant shuts down to protect its root system and quits using water. You can end up with more excess water at 100 degrees than you can applying the same amount of water at 85 degrees despite the fact that more water will evaporate at the higher temp.

    Grass does the same thing, which is why our lawns grow faster in May than they do in July.

    So my theory is that during the intense Arizona heat, they have to keep watering it and applying nitrogen to keep it green. It would be a bit of an embarrassment for them to roll in a brown grass field.
    User avatar
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1563
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 am
    Location: Kennewick, WA


Re: Bye bye Haush
Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:46 am
  • cjcinec56 wrote:Haush was a dependable kicker when he had a dependable snapper. Walsh is a WILDCARD. Could be really good.Could cost you a PLAYOFF game by missing an extra point type FG. I wish they would have just placed more value in the long snapper. Pete and John screwed this one up.

    This...so many fans overlook the inconsistency the Seahawks had at LS and the edge. All the blame goes on Haush

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7894
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Bye bye Haush
Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:53 am
  • Josea16 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:There was a massive drop off since the "laces in" kick.

    Some time to rethink things and a change of scenery have done wonders for countless numbers of players...

    The other category are guys that have either been elite for 2-3 years and something made the bottom fall out while being young (Walsh) or guys that were in a second contract and decent (Avail and Bennett) so you offer a "prove it" contract based on position and current market conditions.



    I agree, and I tend to think that this is a good move by the front office. Just pointing out that the "laces in" kick wasn't the only issue. Hopefully the change of scenery is all Walsh needs to get back on track. In evaluating the two kickers, it seems like Walsh had an off year, while Hauschka's long-term trajectory is looking troubling. I prefer that the FO makes cuts before production drops off.
    Fire Thom Cable
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1674
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Bye bye Haush
Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:28 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:There was a massive drop off since the "laces in" kick.

    Some time to rethink things and a change of scenery have done wonders for countless numbers of players...

    The other category are guys that have either been elite for 2-3 years and something made the bottom fall out while being young (Walsh) or guys that were in a second contract and decent (Avail and Bennett) so you offer a "prove it" contract based on position and current market conditions.


    seems like Walsh had an off year, while Hauschka's long-term trajectory is looking troubling. I prefer that the FO makes cuts before production drops off.


    Exactly. The Patriots have been masters at letting players go just before their expiration date. Hauschka was already becoming sour.
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 938
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


Re: Bye bye Haush
Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:14 pm
  • Yea....have to agree. Since the Eagles game where we found our new QB And New rEcEivEr.....Baldwin and RW....Hauchmoney was a let go. 11 blocks by this time in the year which was the weekend before Thanksgiving last season.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    RLKats..."Scott M. Made the niners good helped build the Hawks a bit (current GM is a bad ass). Quote me." So I did.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6823
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Bye bye Haush
Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:23 pm
  • YYZHawksFan wrote:Oh dear. Going from Sea to buf is a nasty culture shock. Oh well. At least the cost of living is next to nothing, I mean nothing in buf.


    As a lifelong Upstate New Yorker, I find your comment to be absolutely on point.
    User avatar
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1306
    Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:44 am


Previous


It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online