Bye bye Haush

seabowl

Reaction score
Looks like signing with Buffalo. He was a steady performer for us for a long time.

Now we'll see if his down year was due to the line or just bad play by him.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Say what you want but I think we're going to miss him.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Sometimes a guy just needs a fresh start somewhere else. And I think with Walsh, we'll be saving saving some cap money, I believe his salary will be about $1 million less.

crosfam

Reaction score
So it comes down to camp. Blair Walsh vs a yet to be signed rookie FA.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hausch helped the Hawks win their first Super Bowl crown, so he will always be special to me.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Uncle Si":wzgltod1 said:
So....

Blair Walsh is our kicker?

Well, why not? He already won one playoff game for us. Go get us another 3 post-season wins this year Blair!

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2kj6bizt said:
So....

They've said they plan to bring in competition. Most kickers come in via UDFA so they should not have to use a draft pick to get someone in to keep the Blair Walsh project from standing alone in the corner of the basement.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So, with this business move, what effect does it have on our cap?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I assume our kicker will make most and miss a few, just like every other kicker in the league. Don't really care who it is.

Jville

Reaction score
Hauschka will be signing with the Buffalo Bills, putting to rest the idea that he might actually return to Seattle and compete with Blair Walsh for the kicking job. The team seemed pretty perturbed with his low trajectory kicks and made no bones about the fact that they wanted to go in a new direction.
[urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/3/9/14868600/nfl-free-agency-rumor-tracker-seahawks-free-agents-cuts-signings-with-players-able-officially-sign[/urltargetblank]

NJlargent

Reaction score
Will miss Haush badly. Hopefully the unannounced kicker wins the job because every pressure kick by Walsh will bring flashbacks to the shank.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think this mostly comes from the new rules and moving back the extra point, looking at most of his kicks they are always just missed by defenders for blocks, sometimes and more recently they have got lucky, so he may be trying to adapt more on his swing throwing everything out of whack, Walsh has a higher trajectory.

Chapow

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2kpa4vrp said:
So....

At the moment, it appears so.

On the other hand, it's March 9th. Hell of a long way to go until the final roster is set.