Jamaal Charles and seahawks, "strong mutual interest"

Mojambo

Reaction score
Just a vet to push the young guys. Possible he wouldn't even make the final roster if everything goes as planned.

kf3339

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1op662a2 said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791695/article/jamaal-charles-seahawks-have-mutual-interest

Will he be able to open his own holes to get thru the D-Lines? Can he shake off two or three defensive players hitting him behind the line and still make positive yardage? Can he be relied on to stay healthy for a full season, or two?

Will he come cheap?

We need O-Line help more than anything else. That is where our FO attention should be right now.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kf3339":2cm97euu said:
JSeahawks":2cm97euu said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791695/article/jamaal-charles-seahawks-have-mutual-interest

Will he be able to open his own holes to get thru the D-Lines? Can he shake off two or three defensive players hitting him behind the line and still make positive yardage? Can he be relied on to stay healthy for a full season, or two?

Will he come cheap?

We need O-Line help more than anything else. That is where our FO attention should be right now.

They are not mutually exclusive. You can fix more than one area on your team in the off-season, ya know.

kf3339

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":bps07msk said:
kf3339":bps07msk said:
JSeahawks":bps07msk said:

Will he come cheap?

They are not mutually exclusive. You can fix more than one area on your team in the off-season, ya know.

Yes, but what is our track record for "Fixing" the O-Line this last few years?

Personally, I think our O-Line plan has absolutely sucked. We are consistently trotting a below average college level line to play in NFL games.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kf3339":3diopu6x said:
JSeahawks":3diopu6x said:

Will he come cheap?

Have you seen the amount of money going to O-linemen right now? No way the Hawks are dipping their toes into that water. Be patient. Just because the guys they signed last year didn't work out, doesn't mean the guys they sign this year won't as well.

RussB

Reaction score
WTF do they want charles for ? He is done and wont stay healthy. Im surprised he isnt retiring. They have AP who is interested and who played one of the past 2 seasons. Would probably be willing to take a pay cut, yet they want charles.

I swear i dont get pete sometimes. Sign AP if you are getting a back forget about charles hes useless because he cant stay healthy.

chawx

Reaction score
What about that other RB the Chiefs have? He's a bruiser-type, downhill runner, mini-Marshawn-ish, but can acutally stay pretty healthy...if only we had drafted a guy like in the last few years. What's his name again?

chris98251

Reaction score
RussB":u4bzgli2 said:
WTF do they want charles for ? He is done and wont stay healthy. Im surprised he isnt retiring. They have AP who is interested and who played one of the past 2 seasons. Would probably be willing to take a pay cut, yet they want charles.

I swear i dont get pete sometimes. Sign AP if you are getting a back forget about charles hes useless because he cant stay healthy.

Bubble Screens, Bevell needs more weapons don't ya know.

RussB

Reaction score
chris98251":35rel9kj said:
RussB":35rel9kj said:

I can already tell free agency isnt gonna be good for the seahawks. Prepare for another offensive disaster next season because all the best linemen are already gone and they seem focused on signing washed up players like charles instead of actual help.

Seymour

Reaction score
Why move the first Charles thread then just put up another within the same hour and leave it here??

Weird.

Chapow

Reaction score
kf3339":1jgncjyy said:
JSeahawks":1jgncjyy said:

Will he come cheap?

Can any RB in the league do the 2 things I emphasized above? Maybe occasionally, but certainly not consistently.

Does that mean we just shouldn't bother having any RBs then until the OL "gets fixed"? I mean, by that logic, why bother wasting any roster spots at all for RBs if they're just going to have to open their own holes and shake off 2 or 3 hits behind the line of scrimmage every play?

Do you really think ignoring all other areas of the team until the OL "gets fixed" is the right way to go?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":71qr6j61 said:
RussB":71qr6j61 said:

You're a mod and choose to take this thread off course? How very competent of you.

chris98251

Reaction score
RussB":1jd4mts3 said:
chris98251":1jd4mts3 said:
RussB":1jd4mts3 said:

I can already tell free agency isnt gonna be good for the seahawks. Prepare for another offensive disaster next season because all the best linemen are already gone and they seem focused on signing washed up players like charles instead of actual help.

We will get the second teir guys that didn't get the bankroll deals, we do it every year, we will start seeing guys sign later on Friday or Saturday, Harvin, Graham, Avril guys are exceptions and exclusive targets, in fact Avril was a sweet deal because he had questions about whether Suh made him look better then he was.

chawx

Reaction score
chawx":34xggdkx said:
What about that other RB the Chiefs have? He's a bruiser-type, downhill runner, mini-Marshawn-ish, but can acutally stay pretty healthy...if only we had drafted a guy like in the last few years. What's his name again?

Spencer Ware!

That's it.

Wait, we did draft that guy... nevermind. Carry on.

Seymour

Reaction score
HawkFan72":379hiksz said:
kf3339":379hiksz said:
JSeahawks":379hiksz said:

Will he come cheap?

Have you seen the amount of money going to O-linemen right now? No way the Hawks are dipping their toes into that water. Be patient. Just because the guys they signed last year didn't work out, doesn't mean the guys they sign this year won't as well.

I would agree with that if there wasn't a clear and obvious pattern of incompetence in relation to the oline personnel over the entire "Cable era" here.

A dart board would bring better results.