Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jamaal Charles and seahawks, "strong mutual interest"

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Oohhhh....
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

• I mean, cool. But the dudes gonna get hurt.
    GLio14
    NET Rookie

• Just a vet to push the young guys. Possible he wouldn't even make the final roster if everything goes as planned.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran

• GLio14 wrote:I mean, cool. But the dudes gonna get hurt.

He'll fit right in with our current RBs then.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• JSeahawks wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791695/article/jamaal-charles-seahawks-have-mutual-interest

Will he be able to open his own holes to get thru the D-Lines? Can he shake off two or three defensive players hitting him behind the line and still make positive yardage? Can he be relied on to stay healthy for a full season, or two?

Will he come cheap?

We need O-Line help more than anything else. That is where our FO attention should be right now.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791695/article/jamaal-charles-seahawks-have-mutual-interest

Will he be able to open his own holes to get thru the D-Lines? Can he shake off two or three defensive players hitting him behind the line and still make positive yardage? Can he be relied on to stay healthy for a full season, or two?

Will he come cheap?

We need O-Line help more than anything else. That is where our FO attention should be right now.

They are not mutually exclusive. You can fix more than one area on your team in the off-season, ya know.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791695/article/jamaal-charles-seahawks-have-mutual-interest

Will he come cheap?

They are not mutually exclusive. You can fix more than one area on your team in the off-season, ya know.

Yes, but what is our track record for "Fixing" the O-Line this last few years?

Personally, I think our O-Line plan has absolutely sucked. We are consistently trotting a below average college level line to play in NFL games.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:

Will he come cheap?

Have you seen the amount of money going to O-linemen right now? No way the Hawks are dipping their toes into that water. Be patient. Just because the guys they signed last year didn't work out, doesn't mean the guys they sign this year won't as well.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• WTF do they want charles for ? He is done and wont stay healthy. Im surprised he isnt retiring. They have AP who is interested and who played one of the past 2 seasons. Would probably be willing to take a pay cut, yet they want charles.

I swear i dont get pete sometimes. Sign AP if you are getting a back forget about charles hes useless because he cant stay healthy.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• What about that other RB the Chiefs have? He's a bruiser-type, downhill runner, mini-Marshawn-ish, but can acutally stay pretty healthy...if only we had drafted a guy like in the last few years. What's his name again?
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• RussB wrote:WTF do they want charles for ? He is done and wont stay healthy. Im surprised he isnt retiring. They have AP who is interested and who played one of the past 2 seasons. Would probably be willing to take a pay cut, yet they want charles.

I swear i dont get pete sometimes. Sign AP if you are getting a back forget about charles hes useless because he cant stay healthy.

Bubble Screens, Bevell needs more weapons don't ya know.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    RussB wrote:WTF do they want charles for ? He is done and wont stay healthy. Im surprised he isnt retiring. They have AP who is interested and who played one of the past 2 seasons. Would probably be willing to take a pay cut, yet they want charles.

I can already tell free agency isnt gonna be good for the seahawks. Prepare for another offensive disaster next season because all the best linemen are already gone and they seem focused on signing washed up players like charles instead of actual help.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Why move the first Charles thread then just put up another within the same hour and leave it here??

Weird.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:

Will he come cheap?

Can any RB in the league do the 2 things I emphasized above? Maybe occasionally, but certainly not consistently.

Does that mean we just shouldn't bother having any RBs then until the OL "gets fixed"? I mean, by that logic, why bother wasting any roster spots at all for RBs if they're just going to have to open their own holes and shake off 2 or 3 hits behind the line of scrimmage every play?

Do you really think ignoring all other areas of the team until the OL "gets fixed" is the right way to go?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    RussB wrote:WTF do they want charles for ? He is done and wont stay healthy. Im surprised he isnt retiring. They have AP who is interested and who played one of the past 2 seasons. Would probably be willing to take a pay cut, yet they want charles.

You're a mod and choose to take this thread off course? How very competent of you.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• RussB wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

I can already tell free agency isnt gonna be good for the seahawks. Prepare for another offensive disaster next season because all the best linemen are already gone and they seem focused on signing washed up players like charles instead of actual help.

We will get the second teir guys that didn't get the bankroll deals, we do it every year, we will start seeing guys sign later on Friday or Saturday, Harvin, Graham, Avril guys are exceptions and exclusive targets, in fact Avril was a sweet deal because he had questions about whether Suh made him look better then he was.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chawx wrote:What about that other RB the Chiefs have? He's a bruiser-type, downhill runner, mini-Marshawn-ish, but can acutally stay pretty healthy...if only we had drafted a guy like in the last few years. What's his name again?

Spencer Ware!

That's it.

Wait, we did draft that guy... nevermind. Carry on.
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• HawkFan72 wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:

Will he come cheap?

Have you seen the amount of money going to O-linemen right now? No way the Hawks are dipping their toes into that water. Be patient. Just because the guys they signed last year didn't work out, doesn't mean the guys they sign this year won't as well.

I would agree with that if there wasn't a clear and obvious pattern of incompetence in relation to the oline personnel over the entire "Cable era" here.

A dart board would bring better results.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Ok there is your dart board, but here are our darts.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I can't help but to think this rumour could be to put pressure on AP to take a discount if he really wants to play here.
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Starter

• HawkFan72 wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:

Will he come cheap?

Was just about to comment, realized you had beat me to it by a mile. They can't get crazy. There will be a shot at a couple of guys that will be major upgrades to what they have once the dust settles. But 14 mil for a tackle isn't going to work. It's just hard not to get your hopes up. Reiff is still out there, a few other tackles are as well. Most of the upper tier guards are still there, though. Maybe they will get one and slide ifedi out.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• chawx wrote:What about that other RB the Chiefs have? He's a bruiser-type, downhill runner, mini-Marshawn-ish, but can acutally stay pretty healthy...if only we had drafted a guy like in the last few years. What's his name again?

"That Other RB That The Chiefs Have" is the reason that Jamaal Charles is expendable to them.
    We need to quit Dabbling & pussyfooting around with finding a legitimate ML replacement, I hope Pete goes after a RB in this Draft that doesn't come with injury issues just because he's in the bargain basement.
    IF we can't find some O-Line help EARLY in this Draft, or IF we don't address O-Line needs in FA, we NEED to find a Bruiser Back EARLY in THIS well stocked Draft lineup.
    As with any Draft, there are no guarantees, but I see Charles as a Chiefs 'Cast-Off' and a, Treading water, lateral move.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• nIdahoSeahawk wrote:I can't help but to think this rumour could be to put pressure on AP to take a discount if he really wants to play here.

These are the head games they play.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• I really hope they get Charles. There is a good chance he can make it through 16 games without injury if they use him wisely. I'm not so sure he couldn't play last year. I think they had moved on at that point. He didn't feel quite right, so they shut him down.

No wonder the dude got hurt a lot, he was literally 60 to 70 percent of the teams offense for years. You touch the ball as much as he did, you are bound to get hurt. I think this could be the bargain of the year if it works. If it doesn't, there have been many worse deals than this would be. And signing Charles has zero impact on whether or not they get an o linemen or not. The market will dictate that.
    Last edited by Jimjones0384 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• scutterhawk wrote:
    chawx wrote:What about that other RB the Chiefs have? He's a bruiser-type, downhill runner, mini-Marshawn-ish, but can acutally stay pretty healthy...if only we had drafted a guy like in the last few years. What's his name again?

"That Other RB That The Chiefs Have" is the reason that Jamaal Charles is expendable to them.
    We need to quit Dabbling & pussyfooting around with finding a legitimate ML replacement, I hope Pete goes after a RB in this Draft that doesn't come with injury issues just because he's in the bargain basement.
    IF we can't find some O-Line help EARLY in this Draft, or IF we don't address O-Line needs in FA, we NEED to find a Bruiser Back EARLY in THIS well stocked Draft lineup.
    As with any Draft, there are no guarantees, but I see Charles as a Chiefs 'Cast-Off' and a, Treading water, lateral move.

It was a tongue in cheek comment about Spencer Ware, who Seattle drafted and then cut.
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

• If we sign Jamall Charles.

nash72
    NET Veteran

• If they are gonna sign a veteran RB might as well just bring Adrian Peterson in because hed be willing to take a pay cut and has a bigger upside than charles. AP was the best back in the league just 2 seasons ago. Charles has been a cripple for the past 3 years.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• RussB wrote:If they are gonna sign a veteran RB might as well just bring Adrian Peterson in because hed be willing to take a pay cut and has a bigger upside than charles. AP was the best back in the league just 2 seasons ago. Charles has been a cripple for the past 3 years.

He also had surgery to finally fix his knees, is still only 30, and averages over 5 yards a carry when he plays. He also helps in the passing game, which AP doesn't. AP is older, shows signs of slowing down last year, and wants over $4 million a year.

It all depends on price. If Charles signs a team-friendly deal he is a low-risk, high reward signing.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• HawkFan72 wrote:
    RussB wrote:If they are gonna sign a veteran RB might as well just bring Adrian Peterson in because hed be willing to take a pay cut and has a bigger upside than charles. AP was the best back in the league just 2 seasons ago. Charles has been a cripple for the past 3 years.

He also had surgery to finally fix his knees, is still only 30, and averages over 5 yards a carry when he plays. He also helps in the passing game, which AP doesn't. AP is older, shows signs of slowing down last year, and wants over $4 million a year.

It all depends on price. If Charles signs a team-friendly deal he is a low-risk, high reward signing.

Personally i like peterson more , hes a bruising back and fits the scheme better than charles. Plus i think he has the better chance of staying healthy, i really have zero confidence in charles playing even 10 games. Peterson on the other hand has been rested 2 of the past 3 seasons and was the best back in the league in 2015.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Adrian's got one more huge year bottled up in him. I pity the defender trying to get in his way in the upcoming season.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Siouxhawk wrote:Adrian's got one more huge year bottled up in him. I pity the defender trying to get in his way in the upcoming season.

He could bring that beast mode effect back to seattle and help them to get to another SB. Hes got 1 or 2 great years left.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Someone else made a good point earlier that Jamaal Charles is superior to AP in terms of pass blocking. That's always been a big consideration for Pete. So I'd give the Jamaal rumors a little more credibility, although, it seems that we're always waiting for these announcements to be followed by the "no, they aren't interested in him" follow-up the next day.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• There are a lot of words in that article but it doesn't actually say anything. Anything worth listening to, anyway.

The player is an unrestricted free agent but the article links them through a supposed GM connection? Okay.
    Last edited by CodeWarrior on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• AP is allegedly shocked at how little his market value is... he wanted some cash again this year . His dad started the AP SEA connection rumor. Watch for the pats to make a move there...

Seattle was reported to NOT be as interested .. likely cause he still wants too much. SEA will lurk there if the Charles thing doesn't pan out.

Charles isn't injury prone, he just had his knees taken out each of the last 2 years. Would be like saying ET is injury prone if he got hurt again this season. Charles can block AND catch... AP doesn't catch or block. I see Charles flying out to Seattle very soon imho.

• Coming in NEXT week, so might as well sit your asses on a cooler and chill till then.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• LOL

Agent talk.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Charles will visit Seattle next week. If signed, he would join a depth chart currently led by Thomas Rawls and C.J. Prosise.

At his best, Charles can average well over five yards per carry on a consistent basis (his career average is 5.5), and he can catch plenty of passes. In 2013 alone, he had 70 receptions.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/09/jamaal-charles-will-visit-seattle-next-week/

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• RussB wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:
    RussB wrote:If they are gonna sign a veteran RB might as well just bring Adrian Peterson in because hed be willing to take a pay cut and has a bigger upside than charles. AP was the best back in the league just 2 seasons ago. Charles has been a cripple for the past 3 years.

Personally i like peterson more , hes a bruising back and fits the scheme better than charles. Plus i think he has the better chance of staying healthy, i really have zero confidence in charles playing even 10 games. Peterson on the other hand has been rested 2 of the past 3 seasons and was the best back in the league in 2015.

Only fits the scheme better if we go back to putting Russ under center and running I formation, because it's been well documented AP has really struggled running out of shotgun and I don't recall then running any RO in Minnesota during his time there.

I like Charles but it's one of those veteran flyer type moves we always some to make, not someone you sign and hand a starting position to with 300 carries. Some work out pretty well like Kevin Williams and other don't and we cut them in TC like Antoine Winfield.

Just because we sign Charles it doesn't guarantee a roster spot but its worth the risk because if he does have a season or two left in him where he regains his old form the guy averaged over 5 YPC for multiple seasons in a row when he was healthy.
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

• I wish they would get Blount. I wanted him drafted but we had the Beast.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• People were complaining about APs injury history of late, Charles makes AP look like hes made of that metal wolverine was made of.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• HawkFan72 wrote:
    GLio14 wrote:I mean, cool. But the dudes gonna get hurt.

He'll fit right in with our current RBs then.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Jimjones0384 wrote:I really hope they get Charles. There is a good chance he can make it through 16 games without injury if they use him wisely. I'm not so sure he couldn't play last year. I think they had moved on at that point. He didn't feel quite right, so they shut him down.

No wonder the dude got hurt a lot, he was literally 60 to 70 percent of the teams offense for years. You touch the ball as much as he did, you are bound to get hurt. I think this could be the bargain of the year if it works. If it doesn't, there have been many worse deals than this would be. And signing Charles has zero impact on whether or not they get an o linemen or not. The market will dictate that.

In other words.....he is injury prone AND has high mileage.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:I wish they would get Blount. I wanted him drafted but we had the Beast.

Pretty sure we traded for Lynch the same year Blount went undrafted. You have your timelines messed up.
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:I wish they would get Blount. I wanted him drafted but we had the Beast.

It would fit in nicely with our legalized marijuana laws to get a big, fat Blount.
    Kennedyin92
    NET Starter

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jimjones0384 wrote:Supposedly, Charles is their number one rb target, according to a tweet I just read. I think they will sign him Wednesday.

Link?

Sent from my HTC 10 via the Coconut Wireless
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie

• Peaches, my son Nick, and I, (me?) sat (and stood) in Arrowhead stadium, in 20-deg weather, mired in a sea of red jerseys, and watched in horror as Jamaal Charles single-handedly destroyed us. It was disgusting.

I really don't care the risk, I think a smaller shiftier guy, that can catch and elude, just might be very interesting for us.
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Next

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information