RB Latavius Murray visiting Seahawks

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Boo on Murray..Charles or Johnson maybe..

Largent80

Reaction score
All these vet RB's coming to town. Are the Hawks smokescreening the draft, or is there something else going on?

Hyak

Reaction score
Interesting. Clearly they are concerned about the durability of Rawls and Procise and he's still relatively young/low mileage on him. Big power back with good speed and he's also good out of the backfield as a receiver.

RussB

Reaction score
He was average behind the raiders line which is one of the best in the league. Still want them to get AP. I like chris johnson though im a fan of his.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Largent80":m6mz2ann said:
All these vet RB's coming to town. Are the Hawks smokescreening the draft, or is there something else going on?

I don't think so.

I think we're hedging. In this case, the RB group is strong in the draft. But we're probably not picking one before R3. If 'our guy' isn't available, then either we reach mightily in the 3rd, or have to punt to R6. That two round gap is problematic for us.

If we add a vet RB this year, we have the flexibility to punt on RB for the entire draft.

Seattle has for some time used UFA period to hedge against unforeseen possibility in the draft. This makes sense if you view it in the context that Seattle can't know how the RB draft will unfold by end of R3.

Largent80

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":nyde1v0s said:
Largent80":nyde1v0s said:

I don't think so.

I think we're hedging. In this case, the RB group is strong in the draft. But we're probably not picking one before R3. If 'our guy' isn't available, then either we reach mightily in the 3rd, or have to punt to R6. That two round gap is problematic for us.

If we add a vet RB this year, we have the flexibility to punt on RB for the entire draft.

Seattle has for some time used UFA period to hedge against unforeseen possibility in the draft. This makes sense if you view it in the context that Seattle can't know how the RB draft will unfold by end of R3.

I'm having a gut feeling one of those 3rd's gets moved for a 4th or 5th or combo.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I think Murray fits here better than both AP and Charles. I like the guy a lot, but I think he can get more than we'll be willing to pay for a vet who is really only being brought in as insurance.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3urw37ge said:
I'm having a gut feeling one of those 3rd's gets moved for a 4th or 5th or combo.

Right there with you. I think not having a pick in those ranges is eating at Scheider way more than we think.

I do think though, that with the incredible depth of talent this year, it's worth having the flexibility to just burn all three third round picks. Really with this talent, that's like having 3 late second round picks in a normal year. Imagine getting three Tyler Lockett type talents with those picks.

I actually think we may end up moving back from R1, into R2 and picking up a 4th/5th in that way. There is going to be very unusual value in the 75-110 range of this draft.

getnasty

Reaction score
No thank you to Murray, seems slow and doesn't run with power for a guy his size.

Seymour

Reaction score
getnasty":1jjit6r7 said:
No thank you to Murray, seems slow and doesn't run with power for a guy his size.

Ummm no, I would disagree. At 223# he ran a 4.38 40 on his pro day. That is blazing fast for that size, or any size for that matter.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draft...-2013-seahawks-sleepers-rb-fb-latavius-murray

This has got to appeal to Pete Carroll, who preaches taking care of the football over almost everything else. Also appealing about Murray is his freakish athleticism. At UCF's Pro Day, Murray weighed in at 6-foot-2 5/8 and 223 pounds, ran a 4.4 and 4.38 40-yard dash, registered a 10-foot-4 broad jump and a 36-inch vertical jump, ran 4.36 seconds in the short shuttle and an absurd 6.81 seconds in the 3-cone. This guy can move.

sutz

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1zdbwyhp said:
Largent80":1zdbwyhp said:

Right there with you. I think not having a pick in those ranges is eating at Scheider way more than we think.

I do think though, that with the incredible depth of talent this year, it's worth having the flexibility to just burn all three third round picks. Really with this talent, that's like having 3 late second round picks in a normal year. Imagine getting three Tyler Lockett type talents with those picks.

I actually think we may end up moving back from R1, into R2 and picking up a 4th/5th in that way. There is going to be very unusual value in the 75-110 range of this draft.
4/5 is right in Schneider's wheelhouse. I can't imagine he'd stand pat and not at least try to get picks there.

A-Dog

Reaction score
It's silly to worry about the 4th/5th round gap. If the guys we want aren't there in the 3rd we can trade down. Even if we don't do that we can always trade future picks.

I'm really excited about the five picks we he have between the 1st and 3rd. If they all pan out we are in really good shape. I'm guessing one of those picks will be a RB.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
A-Dog":230hb8du said:
It's silly to worry about the 4th/5th round gap. If the guys we want aren't there in the 3rd we can trade down. Even if we don't do that we can always trade future picks.

I'm really excited about the five picks we he have between the 1st and 3rd. If they all pan out we are in really good shape. I'm guessing one of those picks will be a RB.

Yep, seems simple to me. Two thirds is better than a fourth and fifth. Maybe they will take advantage and turn em into a couple of stud defensive players.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't think it is silly to be concerned about the 4th and 5th rounds with ZERO picks. ESPECIALLY in THIS draft, when we need depth.

I will GUARANTEE you that Schneider feels that way also.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Gosh, I hope this happens. I love Murray's game. Quick, tough, soft hands, holds onto the ball, great blocking back. He is a true every down back with very low wear on his tires. Give me Murray over Rawls every day of the week.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Murray isn't good for this scheme. He doesn't cut fast enough and runs too upright.

I'd rather take a chance on Lacy eating celery once in a while. He's 5x more talented.