RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Add another RB to the mix.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: RB Eddie Lacy to visit Seahawks
Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:14 pm
  • I would much rather see us sign Lacy than AP or Charles. Just get the man on a diet or toss some cheeseburgers in the endzones.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:15 pm
  • I've said it since his rookie season - dude's overweight - and it has only gotten worse the last two seasons. Packers would have been a better team running Starks all those years.

I gotta give this one a big FAT no.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:19 pm
  • Hes a great RB. Needs to ease up on the cheeseburgers though and he should be good. I hope they get both him and lang.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:21 pm
  • Definitely has the potential tubby an interesting addition.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:52 pm
  • If we're going to sign a fat, unathletic, piece of crap to play RB, I'd prefer it was me.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:56 pm
  • A lot of Packers fans are happy to see Lacy go. That's pretty damning.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:01 pm
  • No thanks fatty. Go hang out on another teams injury list.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:05 pm

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:07 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:A lot of Packers fans are happy to see Lacy go. That's pretty damning.

Exactly. When Michael is an upgrade you know you are in deep....

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:10 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:If we're going to sign a fat, unathletic, piece of crap to play RB, I'd prefer it was me.

:lol:
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:43 pm
  • I heard a report on nfln that he is down in Florida training and is in "great" shape. Probably like when you get dumped after a long relationship, and get back in shape for the market. I know that is an over-used analogy, but appropriate in this instance. I even heard he plans on doing p90x a time or two this summer. He may come in ripped, who knows. I bet they will sign one of these veteran guys, maybe two if the price is right. Maybe Charles and lacy for 5 mil combined. That would be interesting.
    Alert The Legion.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:48 pm
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:I heard a report on nfln that he is down in Florida training and is in "great" shape. Probably like when you get dumped after a long relationship, and get back in shape for the market. I know that is an over-used analogy, but appropriate in this instance. I even heard he plans on doing p90x a time or two this summer. He may come in ripped, who knows. I bet they will sign one of these veteran guys, maybe two if the price is right. Maybe Charles and lacy for 5 mil combined. That would be interesting.

He did the same thing last offseason. The dude likes food.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:50 pm
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:I heard a report on nfln that he is down in Florida training and is in "great" shape. Probably like when you get dumped after a long relationship, and get back in shape for the market. I know that is an over-used analogy, but appropriate in this instance. I even heard he plans on doing p90x a time or two this summer. He may come in ripped, who knows. I bet they will sign one of these veteran guys, maybe two if the price is right. Maybe Charles and lacy for 5 mil combined. That would be interesting.

Put him on a weight and fat percentage performance contract that forces him to lose weight and stay in real football shape. I could be done.

Besides, he may realize if he doesn't his career is over.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• WmHBonney wrote: Just get the man on a diet or toss some cheeseburgers in the endzones.

Maybe put a bag of Dick's there?
    Last edited by Largent80 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Low $ with incentives. Heck yes. Pete likes to pound the rock, this guy is capable of it, especially if he keeps the weight down.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:59 pm
  • He's ran for over 1000 yards his first two seasons. Before he got hurt, he was averaging 5.1 yards per carry. No one on the Seahawks roster came close to that average last season. He's an upgrade. The only reason why the Packers brought in CMike was because Lacy was hurt. I'd rather have Lacy on my team than some of the other backs out there. He's a physical runner that the Seahawks lack currently.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15848/eddie-lacy

Hell if he continues to eat, then he can be a Cable project for the OL.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:59 pm
  • Or if he keeps eating you've got an undersized but highly athletic guard
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:43 pm
  • kf3339 wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:I heard a report on nfln that he is down in Florida training and is in "great" shape. Probably like when you get dumped after a long relationship, and get back in shape for the market. I know that is an over-used analogy, but appropriate in this instance. I even heard he plans on doing p90x a time or two this summer. He may come in ripped, who knows. I bet they will sign one of these veteran guys, maybe two if the price is right. Maybe Charles and lacy for 5 mil combined. That would be interesting.

Put him on a weight and fat percentage performance contract that forces him to lose weight and stay in real football shape. I could be done.

The packers did that......he went off the lean cuisiene in nothing fat.......Gained it all back. The Packerfans know this.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat. MEOW.......
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:57 pm
  • Yes, he's chubby, but he also ran for 5 ypc last year. I'd rather him than latavius if they cost the same.
    Timmahawk
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:58 pm
  • I'd rather have Eddie George...
    Go SeaHawks
    SeaChase
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:33 pm
  • Thanks but no Thanks! Hes probably just coming in for some free grub! Dude is to over weight ill pass thank u!
    The office of Thomas and Chancellor specializing in Defense.
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:37 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:I heard a report on nfln that he is down in Florida training and is in "great" shape. Probably like when you get dumped after a long relationship, and get back in shape for the market. I know that is an over-used analogy, but appropriate in this instance. I even heard he plans on doing p90x a time or two this summer. He may come in ripped, who knows. I bet they will sign one of these veteran guys, maybe two if the price is right. Maybe Charles and lacy for 5 mil combined. That would be interesting.

The packers did that......he went off the lean cuisiene in nothing fat.......Gained it all back. The Packerfans know this.

Yes, but the difference is that he "KNOWS" this next season may be it for him. "IF" he has any smarts at all he will focus on getting and staying in football shape. No deal should be made unless heavily incentive laden with no, or very little guaranteed money. Make him earn it, or no deal.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:03 pm
  • I say yes, this dude is a load to tackle and his size is an advantage. 5.1 YPC I think the Hawks could use that.
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:07 pm
  • I'm very interested, he brings a diffrent style than Rawls and Prosise. 25% or better chance he would be the starter.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:24 pm
  • I love the idea of signing Lacy, a physical guy that can break tackles. Talk about going back to our identity. He just needs to stay in shape for real this time.
    Mexi
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:54 pm
  • Seemed damn good when healthy and keeping his weight down he's a load to tackle. If he gets that this is his last chance it might not be a bad deal to sign him cheap. I like it better then going for Charles.
    Josea16
    NET Starter

Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:23 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:If we're going to sign a fat, unathletic, piece of crap to play RB, I'd prefer it was me.

Yep
    Terrible. Like really bad.
    Was all hype, no substance from day one. I can name about 10 available backs that I would prefer.
    "It's about us getting ready to play. It's not about the other team. We'll beat ourselves before they beat us. That's always our approach."

Pete Carroll
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:20 am
  • Bring him in, make sure he is healthy, and sign him.
    I was just reading somewhere else that Green Bay will offer a one year, prove it deal, at about 2 million.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:02 am
  • Good lord, we are becoming the land of broken RBs.

Eddie Lacy? Jamaal Charles? Adrian Peterson?

They will fit nicely into the same room as Rawls, Pope and Prosise, as they all work their way through rehabbing those season-ending injuries.

I'm not crazy about Murray, other than he seems to at least have some durability, and the healthy body to simply trot onto the field -- a major plus at this point.

I imagine Pete is hoping that throughout 2017, a couple of these guys will be able to step in and perform okay for a few games. We may well be looking at RB by committee.

What I'm really hoping for is that Alex Collins steps up and demonstrates the stuff he showed in college, where he was a really outstanding back.
    Tusc2000
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:33 am
  • I don't think we need to pick up a RB. Beef up the o-line, and create the holes for the backs we have now. If we can do that I think everyone would be surprised at what our current backs can do. Look what Shawn Alexander did with an awesome front line, but soon as we lost Steve Hutchinson he couldn't do crap. Shawn was not a punishing RB, more finesse then anything. I like how Thomas Rawls runs, if he had the benefit of a good o-line I think he could tear it up. Then throw in C.J as a change up. Just my 2 cents
    Hawk67
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:18 am
  • Hawk67 wrote:I don't think we need to pick up a RB. Beef up the o-line, and create the holes for the backs we have now. If we can do that I think everyone would be surprised at what our current backs can do. Look what Shawn Alexander did with an awesome front line, but soon as we lost Steve Hutchinson he couldn't do crap. Shawn was not a punishing RB, more finesse then anything. I like how Thomas Rawls runs, if he had the benefit of a good o-line I think he could tear it up. Then throw in C.J as a change up. Just my 2 cents

I will stop short of calling both of those guys injury prone. They both had broken bones, which are a contact injuries. They both have as good of shot to make it through a season as the next guy. But what I can say is, the Hawks can't afford to lose two starting rbs, well three if you count cm, again. They need some sort of insurance policy. That's why I think a low cost vet is perfect. Even if they draft someone. Just remembered Pope, so they lost 4 rbs last year.

The problem, though, is who do they get rid of. It would be between Pope and Ac, and I really want to see what Ac has going forward. I know Pope was the darling of pre season. But he did nothing for two teams during the regular season. Maybe they could sneak him onto the PS.
    Alert The Legion.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:09 am
  • Hope we sign him.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 am
  • Run the price up on Lacy so the Packers are stuck wondering whether they can afford to match our offer on Lang
    Fire Thom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:05 am
  • King Dog wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:
    Maybe put a bag of Dick's there?

This isn't the Shack.

Lol. Dick's is a fast food burger joint.

It's so much more than that, lol, it's dinner and a show. Some crazy things go down in and around dicks after dark. I haven't been to dicks since I was a teenager.

Maybe you should bring Lacy there before he begins his diet.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:18 pm
  • .....the major upside to signing Lacy is twofold....if he trims down he should be a great addition to pound the rock....or if Lacy continues to pound the cheeseburgers we can alway give him to Cable :)
    modernman
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:01 pm
  • Oh Yes Please. I'd love to see this happen.
    SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS XLVIII 43-8

Better to have a bottle in front of me,then a frontly lobotmy.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:01 pm
  • Hawk67 wrote:I don't think we need to pick up a RB. Beef up the o-line, and create the holes for the backs we have now. If we can do that I think everyone would be surprised at what our current backs can do. Look what Shawn Alexander did with an awesome front line, but soon as we lost Steve Hutchinson he couldn't do crap. Shawn was not a punishing RB, more finesse then anything. I like how Thomas Rawls runs, if he had the benefit of a good o-line I think he could tear it up. Thttp://www.seahawks.net/posting.php?mo ... 025938#hen throw in C.J as a change up. Just my 2 cents

Have to agree with all points here. We have what we need at RB already. O line is the true issue.

Just say no to Lacy.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Someone-retwe ... d-42900671
    GH Hawk Fan
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:50 pm
  • GH Hawk Fan wrote:
    Hawk67 wrote:I don't think we need to pick up a RB. Beef up the o-line, and create the holes for the backs we have now. If we can do that I think everyone would be surprised at what our current backs can do. Look what Shawn Alexander did with an awesome front line, but soon as we lost Steve Hutchinson he couldn't do crap. Shawn was not a punishing RB, more finesse then anything. I like how Thomas Rawls runs, if he had the benefit of a good o-line I think he could tear it up. Thttp://www.seahawks.net/posting.php?mo ... 025938#hen throw in C.J as a change up. Just my 2 cents

Have to agree with all points here. We have what we need at RB already. O line is the true issue.

Just say no to Lacy.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Someone-retwe ... d-42900671

Problem is, Rawls and Prosise don't seem to be able to stay healthy. Maybe signing a Lacy, Petersen, Charles or whatever would assure we always have at least one good rb ready to play.

Oh, and sorry AC fan. Collins isn't good.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:30 pm
  • This is one of the best drafts for RB's in some time.

Best guy available in 3rd round. Young, healthy and cheap.
    "All in the game yo, all in the game"
    Omar Devon Little
    1980-2007
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:46 am
  • I've been thinking a little more about this and man would it be nice to have Lacy around on 3rd or 4th and 1.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:35 am
  • So in 2 years we could potentially go from Beastmode to Feastmode
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:19 pm
  • King Dog wrote:I've been thinking a little more about this and man would it be nice to have Lacy around on 3rd or 4th and 1.

As I am reading this whole thread my hopes kept getting higher and higher that I could be the first to make the point that we SUCK on 3rd / 4th and 1 to go...........

But you dashed those hopes so going to settle for

+1
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:06 pm
  • mikeak wrote:
    King Dog wrote:I've been thinking a little more about this and man would it be nice to have Lacy around on 3rd or 4th and 1.

As I am reading this whole thread my hopes kept getting higher and higher that I could be the first to make the point that we SUCK on 3rd / 4th and 1 to go...........

But you dashed those hopes so going to settle for

+1

Right...

If only I could believe that Lacy will help these scenarios when even Beastmode couldn't.

We've been bad at 3rd/4th and 1 for years. The Bevell apologists will even use that as an argument for not running the ball in 49.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:14 am
  • Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    Per @_SportsTrust, RB Eddie Lacy has agreed to terms with the #Seahawks. They answer their RB question

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet
    For the #Seahawks and RB Eddie Lacy, it's: 1 year, $5.55M with $3M fully guaranteed.
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:18 am

• Of all the backs, I think Lacey is the best fit. That said, I think it's a waste with how much we've blown in the draft trying to find "that guy".

Best part about this IMO is NO AP. Hit the road Jack!!
    Last edited by Seymour on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:20 am
  • If he works out, gets on the Cable diet, he's a stud.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• 1 year $5.5M $3M guaranteed
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Maybe they signed him to play O-line??? :mrgreen:
    G-Money
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:22 am
  • Fit wise, his style is what they want out of a back provided he's in shape. That said, it's also going to push Rawls and Procise too.
    GO HAWKS!
    JTB
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information