RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Eddie Lacy at playing weight is easily a top 10 rusher in this league and the best fit for Seattle. This has the potential to be an incredible signing. Guys just violently bounce off of him.

He spun off a freakin' Kam hit.
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise
    2016 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Big backs have shorter life span in NFL. More pounding and wear on the knees. Also in zone read he has to reach the hole to make any cuts... slow and big is not going to be productive. Put him on Adkins or low carb or something. He's got to gain quickness like a lot of it.
    jake206
    NET Veteran

• TOTAL

Att: Yards AVG Long TDs Rec YDs AVG Long TD FUM Lost
    788 3,435 4.4 60 23 101 900 8.9 67 6 8 5

http://www.nfl.com/player/eddielacy/2540168/profile

I like when there's enough data to draw a relevant conclusion from. Average YPA, 4.4

I know it's apples and oranges, but Lynch's average career was 4.2 YPA
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Hate the signing.

Discounting his weight issue for a moment, I have watched Lacey enough to know that he will never be anything more than a role player. There is no stardom there. There is nothing special about him and it is a disservice to mention him in the same breath as Marshawn Lynch.

The current running backs on the roster as well as several in the draft have a much higher ceiling.
    "It's about us getting ready to play. It's not about the other team. We'll beat ourselves before they beat us. That's always our approach."

Pete Carroll
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

• Mick063 wrote:Hate the signing.

Discounting his weight issue for a moment, I have watched Lacey enough to know that he will never be anything more than a role player. There is no stardom there. There is nothing special about him and it is a disservice to mention him in the same breath as Marshawn Lynch.

The current running backs on the roster as well as several in the draft have a much higher ceiling.

That sucks we signed him to a multi-year deal then.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• While I agree that Feast Mode is not equal to Beast mode it's my opinion that of the backs available the one most suited to fit our system as the de facto Beast Mode is a healthy and motivated Eddy Lacy. Now the trick is to keep him healthy and motivated.

When Marshawn first came here there were the same sort of grumblings about him not being all that while he was with Buffalo too ... I like the one year prove it deal.
    Life is hard; It's harder when you're stupid. -- John Wayne
    c_hawkbob
    NET Starter

• I think it is a GOOD signing. A guy with experience, on a one year deal has a LOT to play for and this team doesn't allow slacking, if you do....you are OUTTA here.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• To the haters........u will likely own his jersey by mid season and proclaim you always loved the signing. Eat crow now because this thread willl be locked and buried saving you the embarrassment.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• On Reddit the sentiment from the majority of Packer fans is they are sad to see him go and they expect big things from him in Seattle.
    Adopt a Rookie: C.J. Prosise
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• Y'all are crazy. At one point we had to put Alex Collins on the field last year lol
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• ImTheScientist wrote:To the haters........u will likely own his jersey by mid season and proclaim you always loved the signing. Eat crow now because this thread willl be locked and buried saving you the embarrassment.

Yes. And I hope the 40 or so who incorrectly spell "Lacey" put it on their new jersey that way so the whole world can realize that they're not that smart. And there's no "c" in Prosise!

Wanted AP, but can see the needed role Big Eddie will play in our offense. The wheel route in the flats will be a nifty play for us.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• I've been listening to yesterday's John Clayton interview with Pete Carroll. The more I hear it, the clearer it becomes to me, that CJ Prosise was never to be a featured back or every down back here. Pete doesn't seem him as the guy that can carry the load is impression I get. Pete said the strategy is Lacy-Rawls being the 1-2 punch. This means that Collins and Pope are likely outside looking in.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• This feels like the year we signed Julius Jones. Very uninspired signing, especially with the draft and the other veteran FA's still out there.

Would love to be wrong about this, but Eddie Lacy has only shown 2 things since he's been in the league - 1) he cant keep his weight in check and 2) he can't stay healthy (probably a nice correlation with point 1)

I fail to see how a 240-245 lb running back with slow speed will be impactful in this offense with this offensive line. Remember what Alex Collins looked like at the start of the year? That's Lacy.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:This feels like the year we signed Julius Jones. Very uninspired signing, especially with the draft and the other veteran FA's still out there.

Would love to be wrong about this, but Eddie Lacy has only shown 2 things since he's been in the league - 1) he cant keep his weight in check and 2) he can't stay healthy (probably a nice correlation with point 1)

I fail to see how a 240-245 lb running back with slow speed will be impactful in this offense with this offensive line. Remember what Alex Collins looked like at the start of the year? That's Lacy.

Eddie Lacy = Alex Collins? Yeah, I don't think so.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:..... I highly doubt JS/PC would make an offer to a guy if he was way out of shape. It doesn't fit their mantra and what they have built here so far.

Like it or not, everything I find indicates that is exactly what they did do. Pete was already in excuse mode in his interview saying Lacy is still working his way back and "we'll get him exactly where he needs to be", indicating he wasn't there now.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• King Dog wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:This feels like the year we signed Julius Jones. Very uninspired signing, especially with the draft and the other veteran FA's still out there.

Eddie Lacy = Alex Collins? Yeah, I don't think so.

He will be if he's as heavy as they want him to be.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• I don't know why people are actively disliking this move. It's basically a low risk endeavor. If the dude can't maintain good physical condition, then he won't see the field and may not even make the team. So we're out 3 mil, big deal. I don't exactly see us grabbing any high dollar FAs at this point so that money is relatively meaningless.

Additionally, it was pretty obvious they wanted a veteran RB of some sort and the options were AP (no thanks due to injury, age and poor scheme fit), Murray (meh), Charles (who I like but his injuries at this point are concerning) and Lacy.

Of those 4 I think Lacy was the best option especially considering it's only for one year.

For everyone that wants a RB in the draft, I definitely agree... however the guys you like may not be around when we're picking, we may miss out on some of the favored options and then without Lacy we are one Rawls injury away from repeating last year.

This is a smart move to hedge our bets before the draft with little to no risk on our end.
    Danger Zone
    Archer
    NET Starter

• I am not sure what to tell you about Eddie Lacy, but I'll try to give you the view from Packer fan who watched every carry and reception and down he played while he was a Packer.

Eddie can break tackles, he can run hard, he can (at times) play with motivation. He will get you yardage and if used properly, can be a big contribution to your offense.

Eddie doesn't hit the holes well and doesn't seem to have a good nose for the game. He doesn't have the football smarts you would expect. He jukes a lot when he should be using his weight and speed to get past tacklers. He doesn't seem to like football or have that killer instinct that really good footballers have. What makes Wilson great is not just his natural ability but how hard he works to maximize it. You will not get that with Eddie.

I got the feeling Eddie did not like Green Bay. Not so much the region but the coaches and the offensive philosophy we employ. I also don't think he liked the negative attention he got from McCarthy. Benching him when he made mistake, fining him and holding him out when he missed curfew, harping on his eating habits.... Eddie seems to lack maturity and doesn't like to be told what to do. Just my opinion. I had really high hopes for Eddie in Green Bay but was left disappointed. Sort of like the hot chick that just sucks in bed.

A change of scenery might be just what he needs and he could do very well for Seattle. He might have a real fire in his gut now. Good luck, I'll be tuning in to see how he does.
    PackerNation
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    I wanted Lang too... however, in order to pull him from his childhood dream team you're likely looking at a 3 yr, 33-36m deal with 20-25m guaranteed.

All players say this...........................AFTER they sign with childhood team for more money.

Don't kid yourself, Lang signed with Detroit because they not only upped Seattle's offer, but they gave him more guaranteed money.

Pete claimed in his interview today on 950 that "we were not outbid for Lang".

Pete is talking semantics then. If Lang thought the deal was better (even if less money) in Detroit (obviously he did), Seattle got outbid. We didn't offer him enough money. T.J. Lang: 'I was 99 percent sure' I'd sign with the Seahawks until the Lions counteroffered

You are as well.
    Alert The Legion.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Starter

• PackerNation wrote:I am not sure what to tell you about Eddie Lacy, but I'll try to give you the view from Packer fan who watched every carry and reception and down he played while he was a Packer.

Eddie can break tackles, he can run hard, he can (at times) play with motivation. He will get you yardage and if used properly, can be a big contribution to your offense.

Eddie doesn't hit the holes well and doesn't seem to have a good nose for the game. He doesn't have the football smarts you would expect. He jukes a lot when he should be using his weight and speed to get past tacklers. He doesn't seem to like football or have that killer instinct that really good footballers have. What makes Wilson great is not just his natural ability but how hard he works to maximize it. You will not get that with Eddie.

I got the feeling Eddie did not like Green Bay. Not so much the region but the coaches and the offensive philosophy we employ. I also don't think he liked the negative attention he got from McCarthy. Benching him when he made mistake, fining him and holding him out when he missed curfew, harping on his eating habits.... Eddie seems to lack maturity and doesn't like to be told what to do. Just my opinion. I had really high hopes for Eddie in Green Bay but was left disappointed. Sort of like the hot chick that just sucks in bed.

A change of scenery might be just what he needs and he could do very well for Seattle. He might have a real fire in his gut now. Good luck, I'll be tuning in to see how he does.

Thanks for popping in PN. Good to get an assessment from the other side.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• hawkfan68 wrote:I've been listening to yesterday's John Clayton interview with Pete Carroll. The more I hear it, the clearer it becomes to me, that CJ Prosise was never to be a featured back or every down back here. Pete doesn't seem him as the guy that can carry the load is impression I get. Pete said the strategy is Lacy-Rawls being the 1-2 punch. This means that Collins and Pope are likely outside looking in.

The Hawks cycled through close to ten running backs on their active roster last year. They know how frequently injuries occur to running backs not named Marshawn and how important a running game is to their offence. So, barring some rookie beating him out in training camp, my opinion is that Collins is looking safe right now as the 4th running back on the roster. And I wouldn't be shocked if they even kept 5 running backs on the roster next year and skipped keeping a fullback.
    CalgaryHawk
    NET Starter

• PackerNation wrote:I am not sure what to tell you about Eddie Lacy, but I'll try to give you the view from Packer fan who watched every carry and reception and down he played while he was a Packer.

Well if he doesn't like being told what to do, he came to the right place.

That said, if he is indeed slow to hit the hole here, he is screwed. With this oline we saw what happened to Lynch when he slowed just a bit, then Rawls came in hitting the hole fast and hard and racked up a bunch of yards averaging 5.6 per carry in 2015. Those small holes of 2015 all but vanished in 2016, but we now have Joeckel to help open them back up according to Pete. :179422:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• So he clearly has big incentive to get and stay healthy. The epitome of a prove it deal.

We could cut him before the season at a cost of only $1.5 million 2.865 million.

Since Lynch joined the team, there have only been two backs that I wanted to draft, Lacy and Gurley. I'm happy to see Lacy here. I'm of the opinion that he needs a positive motivational coach and team to excel. I don't see that kind of attitude from McCarthy and Rodgers. I suspect Lacy was treated with primarily a lot of criticism at GB.

Hoping Pete and Russell's positivity provide the spark he needs to rediscover his love for the game. I think he lost it in GB.
    Last edited by bigskydoc on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Fire Thom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• Scared that one of the most important times in the dude's life, he showed up for meetings at 267. Russell needs to work his magic.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote:Scared that one of the most important times in the dude's life, he showed up for meetings at 267. Russell needs to work his magic.

You mean invite him over for Mac - n- Cheese night? :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Hasselbeck wrote:I fail to see how a 240-245 lb running back with slow speed will be impactful in this offense with this offensive line. Remember what Alex Collins looked like at the start of the year? That's Lacy.

This is scaring me too now that I think about it. No matter how big a guy he is, if your running into a brick wall every play, the wall is going to win. At least he might be able to break a tackle to get back to the line of scrimmage though. People bringing up the 5 yrd per carry scenario are dreaming.

Another thing that bothered me today is that the FO could have used the money for Lacey to sweeten the pot for Lang. Instead, we'll go into next season with the NFL's worst line yet again.
    nash72
    NET Starter

• Lacy didn't cost us Lang. We have the money available to match or beat Detroit's offer with or without signing Lacy.
    Fire Thom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• PackerNation wrote:Eddie can break tackles, he can run hard, he can (at times) play with motivation.

This is the vibe I got from that fan base as well. Talented and toolsy, but can't consistently play with any kind of fire.

It wouldn't surprise me either to find him starting or benched by October behind Thomas Rawls, who has that fire. At least the Seahawks covered their butts in the deal - but it doesn't bode well for their opinion of Lacy that they felt the need to load the deal with that many incentives. Seemed like they just REALLY wanted another back.

I'm assuming this means CJ Prosise is moving more towards a hybrid WR role.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Broken Ankle and a big boy anyway, not running and doing Cardio I am sure, may have some work habits that need refined, someone in our organization will get with him I am sure and start him going the right direction, the players are about pushing each other also, Doug, Jermaine, Russell will be examples and will extend themselves I will venture to say, they all know what we need in the running game to excel in the passing game.

I am sure Cable is going to try to get a Beast and football face on him also, laying guys out versus getting laid out mentality, this is also where I think Reese would be golden in his ability to mentor work with Lacy, god I hope they sign him back.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I am hoping that Russ and Eddie start a weight loss program together. :stirthepot:
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• This goes back to leg injuries, Russell knee and ankle, Lacy Ankle, I hope we see a 10 or 15 pound lighter Wilson, he looked slower and just looking at his face he has weight on, no defined jaw line etc.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• He is a high risk/high reward player on a low risk prove it deal. What's not to like? If he gets hurt or eats his way out of town it's no biggie and if he gets in shape and stays healthy then it's a home run.
    penihawk
    NET Starter

• bigskydoc wrote:Lacy didn't cost us Lang. We have the money available to match or beat Detroit's offer with or without signing Lacy.

Yes, but this does not step those fretting over the loss of Lang to continue to find ways to beat the FO and PC over the head about it.

The Hawks clearly identified the need for Olinemen and an RB (maybe two). Pretty sure they have a plan and backups on how to get what they want.

Could mean they spend a higher draft pick on oline, or are waiting on someone else. Maybe they see Lacy as a short yardage back and still have plans to draft another or sign another vet.

Alot to be seen still
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• jake206 wrote:Big backs have shorter life span in NFL. More pounding and wear on the knees. Also in zone read he has to reach the hole to make any cuts... slow and big is not going to be productive. Put him on Adkins or low carb or something. He's got to gain quickness like a lot of it.

It's Atkins not Adkins. No one else cares I'm sure, but as a follower of Atkins since 2003 it always irritates me to see it spelled wrong.
    dbmack
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Broken Ankle and a big boy anyway, not running and doing Cardio I am sure, may have some work habits that need refined, someone in our organization will get with him I am sure and start him going the right direction, the players are about pushing each other also, Doug, Jermaine, Russell will be examples and will extend themselves I will venture to say, they all know what we need in the running game to excel in the passing game.

I am sure Cable is going to try to get a Beast and football face on him also, laying guys out versus getting laid out mentality, this is also where I think Reese would be golden in his ability to mentor work with Lacy, god I hope they sign him back.

With how much Reese showed last year I would think that we would / will make him a decent offer. He has potential to do more for the team than Lacy if Lacy sides with "China Food" for the season.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Someone-retweeted-every-Eddie-Lacy-tweet-about-food-42900671

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• This is a tweet from 2011... with no context outside being hungry (which people can be, I'm told)

You've made your point. You think he could be a detriment if overweight. Anything relevant to that or do you want to show us his baby pictures as well.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:This is a tweet from 2011... with no context outside being hungry (which people can be, I'm told)

You've made your point. You think he could be a detriment if overweight. Anything relevant to that or do you want to show us his baby pictures as well.

Not just me, but the majority of observers of the game know this. There is no "fat joke", are you going to attempt to micro manage every post about his weight and past history?

Come on. Lacy and his weight is a well known discussion that is going to follow him here. His success depends on it, like it or not. It's in his dang contract!!
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote:Scared that one of the most important times in the dude's life, he showed up for meetings at 267. Russell needs to work his magic.

Yup lets all continue to believe the Packers beatwriter, who won't even at least name the team, very vague, really.

Yet, no one else is coming out with this, not in Minny or Seattle.

Everyone is just citing McGinn. It's hilarious how much "weight" any media reporter can just get by publishing hearsay and citing anonymous sources.

If anything we need to take any initial flash reporting with a mine of salt. One guy saying something is questionable, multiple sources vetting the topic is more believable. Have yet to see that about that 267.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:This is a tweet from 2011... with no context outside being hungry (which people can be, I'm told)

Not just me, but the majority of observers of the game know this. There is no "fat joke", are you going to attempt to micro manage every post about his weight and past history?

Come on. Lacy and his weight is a well known discussion that is going to follow him here. His success depends on it, like it or not. It's in his dang contract!!

And you support that with a tweet of his from 2011 about being hungry? And then try and take the high road?

What specific point from that tweet were you trying to make? He's overweight? Been established. Are you going to attempt to batter that point in the thread?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• With those NLTB incentives, Lacy's contract is a 1 yr, 4.25m deal.

Spotrac list his cap hit at 3.562m.

In a post Lang free agency model inquiry I didn't get to publish because I lost my post when I got auto-logged out, I gave Murray a $3.75m deal.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:This is a tweet from 2011... with no context outside being hungry (which people can be, I'm told)

And you support that with a tweet of his from 2011 about being hungry? And then try and take the high road?

What specific point from that tweet were you trying to make? He's overweight? Been established. Are you going to attempt to batter that point in the thread?

Read the entire post and click the link! I just posted one of MANY such tweets from the article that shows the history of his struggles.. It is on topic, and part of what we just signed.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Tweets about being hungry or liking food are indicative of his struggles? like 20 tweets over 4 years?

Seriously?

Im missing where he talks about his struggles with weight gain, or food addiction, or glandular issues, obesity, etc.

Instead, its a dude tweeting about being hungry.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:Tweets about being hungry or liking food are indicative of his struggles?

Seriously?

Clearly you know nothing of addiction. Read them all, there is an abnormal pattern.

If something is causing a person serious difficulties in their life (like losing millions of $$), and they continue to abuse it, they have an addiction. Food is only different because it is a necessity. It can still be abused to the point of causing serious health issues and even death.
    He has to admit the problem then commit to beating it. His career and quite possibly his health will depend on it. It's not something to hide and ignore, it's something to confront and conquer.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Tweets about being hungry or liking food are indicative of his struggles?

Seriously?

Clearly you know nothing of addiction. Read them all, there is an abnormal pattern.

If something is causing a person serious difficulties in their life, and they continue to abuse it, they have an addiction. Food is only different because it is a necessity. It can still be abused to the point of causing serious health issues and even death.
    He has to admit the problem then commit to beating it. His career and quite possibly his health will depend on it. It's not something to hide and ignore, it's something to confront and conquer.

Clearly you're the expert....

27 tweets over 4 years is indicative of an addiction?

And an addiction that no one has ever mentioned he had?

Unbelievable.

The dude needs to get in shape and stay in shape. Period.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• I don't know for certain what he weighs now. But anyone who saw Lacy carry the ball in the last two years can believe that his weight was probably closer to 267 pounds than 234.
    Tusc2000
    NET Bench Warmer

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Tweets about being hungry or liking food are indicative of his struggles?

Seriously?

If something is causing a person serious difficulties in their life, and they continue to abuse it, they have an addiction. Food is only different because it is a necessity. It can still be abused to the point of causing serious health issues and even death.

Clearly you're the expert....

27 tweets over 4 years is indicative of an addiction?

And an addiction that no one has ever mentioned he had?

Unbelievable.

One last time.

If something is causing a person serious difficulties in their life, and they continue to abuse it, they have an addiction (like losing millions of $$ and a promising career over it!!)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Mick063 wrote:Hate the signing.

What are you talking about? To call him a role player is just innacurate. When he was in shape he was one of the best backs in the nfl. I watched him play too, he is too strong and big to tackle by a singl defender and is pretty quick too with his cuts and has breakaway speed as well. Hes had some weight and injury issues and thats kind of caused his stock to fall but he is no role player he is an elite back.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• bigskydoc wrote:Lacy didn't cost us Lang. We have the money available to match or beat Detroit's offer with or without signing Lacy.

Which one is more important do you think?
    nash72
    NET Starter

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information