Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Seymour wrote:If something is causing a person serious difficulties in their life, and they continue to abuse it, they have an addiction (like losing millions of $$ and a promising career over it!!)

And, one last time, you have absolutely no idea that he is "abusing" food. You have no idea why he gains weight. All you have is 27 tweets about food over 4 years, a stipulation in his contract that he be in shape and an absurd and condescending assumption.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• nash72 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:Lacy didn't cost us Lang. We have the money available to match or beat Detroit's offer with or without signing Lacy.

Which one is more important do you think?

Since one did not have to do with the other, what difference does it make?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:If something is causing a person serious difficulties in their life, and they continue to abuse it, they have an addiction (like losing millions of $$ and a promising career over it!!)

And, one last time, you have absolutely no idea that he is "abusing" food. You have no idea why he gains weight. All you have is 27 tweets about food over 4 years, a stipulation in his contract that he be in shape and an absurd and condescending assumption.

Enjoy.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:I've been listening to yesterday's John Clayton interview with Pete Carroll. The more I hear it, the clearer it becomes to me, that CJ Prosise was never to be a featured back or every down back here. Pete doesn't seem him as the guy that can carry the load is impression I get. Pete said the strategy is Lacy-Rawls being the 1-2 punch. This means that Collins and Pope are likely outside looking in.

Ya I told one of my friends today Lacy might not even be "the starter" . I wouldnt be shocked if Lacy and Rawls split carries

I think its a good signing

Its way better than AP at like 8+ million. AP is going to turn 32 soon, and Lacy is about to turn 27 so if he turns out ok we can have him here for a few more years

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• Lacy's contract is better for the team than originally announced.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... ncentives/
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I like the signing.

We have a good track record with running backs from Alabama, and power runners being cast away by the team that drafted them.

Really hoping he contributes a lot to this team, especially on short yardage situations and red zone opportunities that have haunted this team for years
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• The fat jokes and the ridiculous assumption that the reporter from GB (the jilted suitor) is accurate are all part of nonsense reporting and the falacious logic of assuming the consequent.

Several here will need to eat their words if he shows up in shape and resumes being a load to bring down.

Meanwhile the fat jokes are getting tedious.

If PC is excited by this addition then so am I.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I like the idea of thunder and lightening, clearly Pete had success with this at USC with LenDale White and Reggie Bush. With the right duo it can be potent, the big issues are can Lacy and Rawls stay healthy all season.

Agree on Prosise, he is a situational back, but will add value as a pass receiver.

I still have hopes for AC. That he hasn't seen the field much is simply an indicator that Pete doesn't think he's ready . Some guys take a while to develop, but would not write him off just yet.
    Tusc2000
    NET Practice Squad

• If Pete handles this well (I suspect he will given his history and approach), finds him the proper support and regimen, then stays in close touch with progress, then uses positive re-enforcement, I think Lacy can do well here. It sounds like McCarthy handled this poorly, bashing him in public, demoting him, and sounds like not working with the root cause / issue much. That will often cause the person to either revolt, or withdraw and make matters worse.
    I said from the beginning that I thought he was the best back of those we are looking at, but it still is an obvious risk because the person has to want to beat the problem really bad to be successful. They cannot be forced and ridiculed by their superiors into dealing with it as McCarthy appeared to do.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    nash72 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:Lacy didn't cost us Lang. We have the money available to match or beat Detroit's offer with or without signing Lacy.

Oline has nothing to do with how well a team runs the ball?
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:The fat jokes and the ridiculous assumption that the reporter from GB (the jilted suitor) is accurate are all part of nonsense reporting and the falacious logic of assuming the consequent.

Several here will need to eat their words if he shows up in shape and resumes being a load to bring down.

Meanwhile the fat jokes are getting tedious.

If PC is excited by this addition then so am I.
    Attachments
    pp,550x550.jpg
    pp,550x550.jpg (28.59 KiB) Viewed 846 times
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• nash72 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    nash72 wrote:

I think I missed your point.

I was talking purely contract and that signing one did not negate signing the other

I think that the FO are targeting Oline help and RB help. I don't think Jueckle and Lacy are the final additions to either group.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• nash72 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    nash72 wrote:

I think I missed your point.

I was talking purely contract and that signing one did not negate signing the other

I think that the FO are targeting Oline help and RB help. I don't think Jueckle and Lacy are the final additions to either group.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• jammerhawk wrote:Several here will need to eat their words if he shows up in shape and resumes being a load to bring down.

I really want him to prove myself and all the other doubters wrong. I think most people who are doubting him will agree with that statement as well. I WANT TO EAT CROW.

I think a lot of people, myself included, see his recent history with his weight as a reflection of his motivation/work ethic. It's a rarity that you hear about a skill player not being able to stay fit these days, especially in his early-mid 20's.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• When they start cutting guys in June I think we will see more movement, were being selective right now.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• nash72 wrote:

I would rather have picked up Lang, if that is what you are asking.

I wouldn't pay 11.35 million per year (total value of the two contracts divided over 3 years) for Lang if that is where you are going with this.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• bigskydoc wrote:
    nash72 wrote:

I wouldn't pay 11.35 million per year (total value of the two contracts divided over 3 years) for Lang if that is where you are going with this.

No I meant I would have rather sweetened the pot for Lang to improve the line rather than signing Lacy at all. Throw another 2M towards Lang and still have money left.
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• Lets face it guys. Lang played us like a fiddle. I no longer have an issue with Pete handing of Lang after the untold story came out. I wanted him priority 1, and was bothered we didn't go after him first (I still doubt Joeckel), but now I don't think it matters.
    Right up to the twitter move and liking the Seahawks to grab attention and get Detroit to go all in on counter offer, we got used. Anything close, and he's a Lion.

I'll agree it's best to move on. Done and gone with Lang.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• nash72 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:
    nash72 wrote:

No I meant I would have rather sweetened the pot for Lang to improve the line rather than signing Lacy at all. Throw another 2M towards Lang and still have money left.

1) You don't overpay a guy using money you have left. I mean with that philosophy we could start cutting players as long as we felt it was more important to have Lang. You offer what you are willing to pay for that position

2) Lang said in an interview that he gave GB and Detroit the opportunity to match. Then signed with Detroit. He may NOT have given Seattle the opportunity to match again. He may just have said that is about as much as I will make and if so even if Seattle matches or goes slightly higher than I go to Detroit.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• dbmack wrote:
    jake206 wrote:Big backs have shorter life span in NFL. More pounding and wear on the knees. Also in zone read he has to reach the hole to make any cuts... slow and big is not going to be productive. Put him on Adkins or low carb or something. He's got to gain quickness like a lot of it.

It's Atkins not Adkins. No one else cares I'm sure, but as a follower of Atkins since 2003 it always irritates me to see it spelled wrong.

LOL I thought I was the only one :) - LCHF works amazingly well and is the version I follow
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• nash72 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:
    nash72 wrote:

Trust me, I wanted him bad. Problem with throwing $$ at him is it has a domino effect of the roster and cap. You start trying to sign guys like Britt, then all the sudden that +2M becomes 4,6,8M 3 players later.
    Damned if we do and damned if we don't.
    I absolutely do not care to watch crap football from a good team again, but this is a mistake (trusting in Cable and taking his tools) that 1 year may not fix IMO.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• New guys added to the mix will be Robert Myers, Luke Joekel, any draft picks made, undrafted rookies and free agents that come about as the result of training camp cuts. We will have good competition again.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Several here will need to eat their words if he shows up in shape and resumes being a load to bring down.

I really want him to prove myself and all the other doubters wrong. I think most people who are doubting him will agree with that statement as well. I WANT TO EAT CROW.

I think a lot of people, myself included, see his recent history with his weight as a reflection of his motivation/work ethic. It's a rarity that you hear about a skill player not being able to stay fit these days, especially in his early-mid 20's.

Having doubts shouldn't really entail eating crow if one is wrong. If someone states they know for a fact that this is a bad signing and then are wrong..... eat crow.

"I don't think we are going to win at New England." Seattle wins. No crow eating.

"There is no way we win in New England." "Our game in N.E. is definitely a loss." Seattle wins. Eat crow and some other stuff. IMHO
    Adopt a rookie 2017-Delano Hall, S, Michigan

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    nash72 wrote:

Trust me, I wanted him bad. Problem with throwing $$ at him is it has a domino effect of the roster and cap. You start trying to sign guys like Britt, then all the sudden that +2M becomes 4,6,8M 3 players later.
    Damned if we do and damned if we don't.
    I absolutely do not care to watch crap football from a good team again, but this is a mistake (trusting in Cable and taking his tools) that 1 year may not fix IMO.

I'm guessing FO had a ceiling and stuck with it. Disappointed we didn't get Lang but respect and am thankful JS and PC set boundary lines and follow them. I personally can't argue with that.

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• nash72 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:
    nash72 wrote:

But YOU are not general manager of the SEAHAWKS
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: no person attacks
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• nash72 wrote:

The Lacy signing didn't prevent us from upping the offer by 2 million. My cap on Lang would have been in the 9.5-10 mil 3 year range with a fair amount of incentives. I think that's pretty close to what the Seahawks cap was, but they didn't get the chance to make a counter offer.

We were (willingly) played by Lang, and we made a fair offer. He chose to go elsewhere. He may go on to cement the Lion's line for another five years, or he may not last the season. Imagine if we broke the bank for him, didn't get Lacy, and he gets injured in pre-season and Lacy snags a ring with Belichick.

Just no way to know, so you assign a fair value and don't go over it.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• I am already tired hearing about his weight. The off season just got longer :roll:
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

• When he's overweight he has ZERO Elusiveness and goes down on the first hit... Further he has multiple lower extremity injuries at that weight.... Otherwise, hell of a back.
    Disclosure: I've watched every game he's ever played as a pro.
    ptisme
    NET Veteran

• ptisme wrote:When he's overweight he has ZERO Elusiveness and goes down on the first hit... Further he has multiple lower extremity injuries at that weight.... Otherwise, hell of a back.

Makes sense.

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Lacy is the classic low risk/high reward signing. If he is in shape, he's a beast and demands that Rawls be out of this world and healthy to be the bell cow. If Lacy shows up out of shape, he's likely done as an NFL RB of consequence.

One thing is clear, They want to get back to being a tough, physical team that imposes their will on the opponent. Add in that a good running game opens up play action, improves pass protection, and should help in the red zone. In addition, let's not underestimate the effect on helping the Seahawks defense. Playing that style limits possessions for the opponent and jacks up the defense from an intensity level.
    GO HAWKS!
    JTB
    NET Veteran

• bigskydoc wrote:
    nash72 wrote:

1) You don't overpay a guy using money you have left.

2) Lang said in an interview that he gave GB and Detroit the opportunity to match. Then signed with Detroit. He may NOT have given Seattle the opportunity to match again. He may just have said that is about as much as I will make and if so even if Seattle matches or goes slightly higher than I go to Detroit.

What do you mean you dont overpay people with money we have? We just extremely overpaid for Jokel (my new name for him). With the cap space we had left, we could have offered Lang a few million more, not signed the luxury that is Lacy, and ended up with an actual player that would have improved the line and still saved a little cash. Now if Seattle was the bar setter for Lang and he refused a counter offer than its all a moot point.
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• ptisme wrote:When he's overweight he has ZERO Elusiveness and goes down on the first hit... Further he has multiple lower extremity injuries at that weight.... Otherwise, hell of a back.

Tis what I read a lot, A LOT, on your guys chat. At least the one chat I go to. I see this is common over there. Thanks for the input sir.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• I went back and watched all of Lacy's runs from last season before his injury. He looked phenomenal. He was in good shape, powerful and explosive through the hole, ran through tackles, fell forward, and generally finished runs with aggression. He seems to be at his best when he is allowed enough carries to establish a rhythm, which did not happen enough in pass-first Green Bay. Once he finishes his ankle rehab and rounds himself back into shape, he should be a real beast for us.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:Lets face it guys. Lang played us like a fiddle. I no longer have an issue with Pete handing of Lang after the untold story came out. I wanted him priority 1, and was bothered we didn't go after him first (I still doubt Joeckel), but now I don't think it matters.
    Right up to the twitter move and liking the Seahawks to grab attention and get Detroit to go all in on counter offer, we got used. Anything close, and he's a Lion.

I'll agree it's best to move on. Done and gone with Lang.

Give the man a cookie. I knew we lost out the second he left town. It was Jared Allen 2.0.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• nash72 wrote:
    What do you mean you dont overpay people with money we have? We just extremely overpaid for Jokel (my new name for him). With the cap space we had left, we could have offered Lang a few million more, not signed the luxury that is Lacy, and ended up with an actual player that would have improved the line and still saved a little cash. Now if Seattle was the bar setter for Lang and he refused a counter offer than its all a moot point.

Your quotes are messed up. It's Mikeak's post that you are responding to.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• Fit as a fiddle.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jimjones0384 wrote:I just saw a pic if Lacy signing his contract, the dude carries 267 well. If he loses 20 lbs, he will be in good shape.

That's because that reported 267 was ludicrous. And anyone who wants to believe a Wisconsin based journalist who had to phrase that "one of three of the teams" had Lacy at 267. Is just hearsay and click bait.

It could have been true like 2-3 months ago or the weight Lacy was at when he did his end of season physical mid-January, when Lacy was in the thick of his ankle rehab. 99% sure that unnamed team is most likely the Packers.

But photos and videos from 3-5 weeks ago on Lacy' s IG, and the ones coming out now shows a guy who is definately out of shape but looks closer to 250 than he does 270.

I just don't know how anyone can see that 267 number and just take it as immediate fact. Every report about it only sites McGinn' s tweet. Let's just believe what one guy says without waiting for any other source to vet the claim. It's the media world we live in now.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, he does not look like he's at 267... good news!
    Tusc2000
    NET Practice Squad

• 267 is only 27 lbs over his playing weight per Pete. That is not going to jump out at you in a clothed pic. One report only may or may not be true, who knows. What is important is per Pete he noted they will work with him to get him where he needs to be, and he also noted the rehab had an effect on his condition. Clearly that means he came in not in game shape. Be it 20 lbs or 27 lbs., I don't see the difference it makes to us. Point is, not ready yet, but plenty of time to get ready still.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• dude looks good
    OpHawk
    NET Rookie

• LolaRox wrote:Does this look like 267?? It doesn't to me.

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/842213464642748416

I know fat. I got fat. That dude is no fat man.

Everyone who was quoting a nobody reporter and freaking out must now send me $100US.

Rocket.
    Journalism is dead, it's been replaced by creative writing aka fake news.
    Critical thinking is pretty much dead too. I miss the hearsay rule.
    The concept of "ethic" has been stripped from the Journalism curriculum.
    Rocket
    * .NET Attention Whore *

• Per Jason La Canfora: SEA deal w/Eddie Lacy includes $385K in weight bonuses, $1M tied to weekly roster bonuses and $1.3M in not likely to be earned incentives...
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

He doesn't look overly 'fat' to me. He's a big back who will trim down before the season starts. That's a picture from today, BTW.

Many of the replies here (like Seymour's) remind me why I don't come here much anymore.

Welcome to Seattle, Eddie! I'm expecting great things.
    Rob12
    NET Veteran

• I like that he even took the time to do that little Vid, nice shout out to the fans and the dude wants to be part of something more then just money, arrogant people don't reach out.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Was just gonna' post that same vid. In what world is this fat and out shape? As usual, the media blows something massively out of proportion :roll:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Like I said above, the unnamed team is most likely the Packers. And that 267 number probably isn't false, most likely it was the weight Lacy was at when the Packers did thier exit physicals back in January. A little less than 2 months ago, when Lacy was just finishing or about finishing up the grunt of his ankle rehab.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:I like that he even took the time to do that little Vid, nice shout out to the fans and the dude wants to be part of something more then just money, arrogant people don't reach out.

Yep. And I finally went through and watched some highlight vids of him. I had forgotten how talented the dude is. He has good patience, excellent feet, wide stance, and for around 240 to 250, the dude can fly. There are very few people that want anything to do with this dude one on one. I saw DB's running away like they used to with lynch. Btw, not comparing him to lunch, it's just true.

I am excited. This could be a huge signing. Whoever keeps saying stuff like this guy has no talent, is dead wrong. Even more, I think they are just pouting because they didn't land the linemen we wanted.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information